Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Hurtado really ready to be playing? Don't get me wrong I see the potential but right now I see that every ball that goes in his direction ends up with the other team having possession. We are attempting to play a possession game yet we don't really have a striker that can hold up the ball and Hurtado should be under a proven veterans wing learning the craft. He has speed and tricks but has no idea when to play simple and when to take someone on. Nigel Reo Coker takes care of the ball well but like the commentators were saying he needs to demand the ball and be more of an impact. He makes a lot of great decisions but is too often a bystander. Rochat looks off the pace, defensively he is quite poor and Koffie on the bench is a joke.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buljive your points are Ok. Mattocks has no skill to be go too player. Nuber two, he is small to play as centre forward. Hurtado can play there and should. Coffie on the bench will get that coach fired.
Coach complains about his D playing badley. All he has to do is add a guy or two up front and play ball,
attack an sprint back. As you could see ST Jose head three posts in their last game. Best D is dog well better attack.
Same old same old. Where the hell is Delgato. He could be a go to guy not five three Miller or Mottacks. MLS is a tough league coach needs to stop panicking and change the plans from game to game. Croaker can only help some not all the guys on the Team.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buljive your points are Ok. Mattocks has no skill to be go too player. Nuber two, he is small to play as centre forward. Hurtado can play there and should. Coffie on the bench will get that coach fired.
Coach complains about his D playing badley. All he has to do is add a guy or two up front and play ball,
attack an sprint back. As you could see ST Jose head three posts in their last game. Best D is dog well better attack.
Same old same old. Where the hell is Delgato. He could be a go to guy not five three Miller or Mottacks. MLS is a tough league coach needs to stop panicking and change the plans from game to game. Croaker can only help some not all the guys on the Team.

He's with the Blue Jays now, what a messed up trade.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1 not good enough at home.

Theibert (sp?) looked good.

Not pleased to see Koffie continue to ride the pine. Memo to Rennie: fcuk off!

For those who have been to a game this year - is the pitch as bad as it looks on TV?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1 not good enough at home.

Theibert (sp?) looked good.
Not pleased to see Koffie continue to ride the pine. Memo to Rennie: fcuk off!
For those who have been to a game this year - is the pitch as bad as it looks on TV?

From the stands the field looks good, but something is wrong. It almost cost us a goal in the 1st half when Cannon slippped and it got us a tie in the 2nd when their defender slipped and touched the ball with his hand.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the stands the field looks good, but something is wrong. It almost cost us a goal in the 1st half when Cannon slippped and it got us a tie in the 2nd when their defender slipped and touched the ball with his hand.

Agreed, people don't slip on grass.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The pitch looked, if anything, unfamiliar to the guys. There was also a moment in the second when RC was in full gallop when the ball seemed to hang up on the turf and got caught behind his foot...fcuked up his stride, and in that split second, what looked to be a penetrating attack fizzled out as defenders closed in.

I think having artificial turf is going to be the downfall of this franchise in the end...both in attracting players, and wearing them out (i.e.: achilies tendons on stud stoppers).

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Hurtado really ready to be playing? Don't get me wrong I see the potential but right now I see that every ball that goes in his direction ends up with the other team having possession. ...

No, Hurtado is not ready for MLS level and neither is Mattocks or Manneh. They are incomplete players but Whitecaps obviously think that it is only speed that counts. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I said before and I will say it again: here in BC there are some young players playing VMSL who are better than half of the Whitecaps pros.
Some people are impressed with Teibert but in all honestly he is completely useless on the field. Yes, he runs a lot (all over the place), there is an effort and that is it! He asks for the ball, he gets the ball and then sends the ball to the nearest teammate who is 5 m away from him, and then he puts his arms up asking for a ball again without moving on the field!!! Totally ridiculous! Reminds me so much of Dunfield!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daigo is no Davide. Was at the match on Saturday, can't say I'm in a rush to get back there.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daigo is no Davide. Was at the match on Saturday, can't say I'm in a rush to get back there.

Daigo seemed uninterested. Our worst mid out of the three.
I don't understand why Koffie is out.
He and Reo C would be a solid twosome in there. Caps seemed to line up in a 4-2-3-1
And I don't get how Koffie can't be one of the 2 beating out Davidson.

The end ball or pass was not on. I do like hertzogs work ethic. Drew some fouls, put pressure on D.
He is solo high and central.
Field looked fine live, but you can see weird lines and bumps on the big screen.

Maybe an off game for Daigo. I'd like to see him central in the middle of the 3 in the 4-2-3-1. Put thiebert outside.

Camillo at least plays with passion and creativity. Seemed dangerous in the final third a couple times. But still holds on way to long and really no one around him on his timing/page. Maybe he is the one that's off.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I said before and I will say it again: here in BC there are some young players playing VMSL who are better than half of the Whitecaps pros.

I always find this comment interesting and wonder if there is any truth to it. Have any of these players ever tried out for the Caps and if so how did they match up? Do you think there is a possibility that these players only look better because they are playing against lesser competition every week or do you really think the Whitecaps have absolutely no interest in signing free players. I wonder sometimes if this comment is made because if we believe the players in our local leagues are better than the pros then maybe we can feel we are better players than we actually are. I honestly don't know as I don't watch any VMSL premier games and as sid always says I am a div. 5 coed player but I find it strange that if these players are that good that they wouldn't get a trial.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the Columbus vs Abby provincial game,the best team in the vmsl, although good players and played a nice game, didn't wow me into believing these guys need pro contracts. Don't get me wrong but who wouldn't want TK on their squad or some of the other columbus guys, but it seems to me if they were good enough to go pro, they would have been there by now and not playing mens prem instead.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe TK did play for the caps when they were a lower division so he is hardly considered an unknown player to the caps. Not exactly a spring chicken anymore either.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade it is not TK that would not want to play pro ball. It is Caps manager that hates Canadian kids. Yet we have better players in PCSL and in VMSL than the guys the bring here from US Universities.
Koffie is a good player. But Caps coach will piss him off to the point where he will go and play in Europe shortly if coach keaps doing childish coaching. Where the hell is Salgato. The kid is better than the forty year old from Scotland. Kids are future not forty year olds. Salgato would bring in many Hespanik folks to watch the game. I just think we need to focus more on our future even if it takes a year to develop our kids.
The older guys are no better than young kids. In my opinion Croaker needs to say more and he needs to get kids in.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade it is not TK that would not want to play pro ball. It is Caps manager that hates Canadian kids. Yet we have better players in PCSL and in VMSL than the guys the bring here from US Universities.
Koffie is a good player. But Caps coach will piss him off to the point where he will go and play in Europe shortly if coach keaps doing childish coaching. Where the hell is Salgato. The kid is better than the forty year old from Scotland. Kids are future not forty year olds. Salgato would bring in many Hespanik folks to watch the game. I just think we need to focus more on our future even if it takes a year to develop our kids.
The older guys are no better than young kids. In my opinion Croaker needs to say more and he needs to get kids in.

I'm not saying he wouldn't go pro, although his contract with columbus may have a better rate. Our coach is an idiot and if our club isn't going to look at bringing in younger guys, why aren't we using our connections like yp lee to bring in guys like ji sung park? No minutes at qpr why not come to a fresh team, knowing guys where you would get minutes for probably a good rate for the caps. How Davidson starts over Koffie I have no idea. Why is cannon starting over knighton no idea. As much as I support the caps, the coaching and front office really make it hard to want to keep season tickets. Even if Salgado brought In a good Hispanic support group the intimate 21000 may not be enough room for our rambunctious supporters.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not saying he wouldn't go pro, although his contract with columbus may have a better rate. Our coach is an idiot and if our club isn't going to look at bringing in younger guys, why aren't we using our connections like yp lee to bring in guys like ji sung park? No minutes at qpr why not come to a fresh team, knowing guys where you would get minutes for probably a good rate for the caps. How Davidson starts over Koffie I have no idea. Why is cannon starting over knighton no idea. As much as I support the caps, the coaching and front office really make it hard to want to keep season tickets. Even if Salgado brought In a good Hispanic support group the intimate 21000 may not be enough room for our rambunctious supporters.

Yes, let's bring in the young guys!!

Ji Sung Park = 32
TK = 36

BangHead.gif

Attachments

• BangHead.gif
    BangHead.gif
    884 bytes · Views: 157

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, let's bring in the young guys!!

Ji Sung Park = 32
TK = 36

BangHead.gif

If you actually read it properly, I stated if we're NOT going to bring in young players, why not use connections to bring in older but obviously established big names such as ji sung park etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0