Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bet the AR realized Miller was offside and took the chance to pull a revlon out of his ass...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In shape Miller is looking good. Daigo is a great addition and his goal was class. We have great speed and our quick passes are looking sharp. Its obviously early but I believe it's the best we've looked since our move to MLS. Some more clinical finishing when our chances come and we could be a major player this year. Would finally love to see a cascadia cup win and nutrilite championship. GO CAPS!!!!!!

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^ That's the first replay I've seen since seeing it at the game... definitely a weird sequence when you saw it live. I don't think anyone in the stadium had a clue what was going on. That being said, I didn't realize Miller was as wide open as he was in the first place. Cheers to him for the unselfish play, but I'm really surprised he didn't just finish it on his own.

I'm really liking the way the team is looking so far though.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Recap of the offside call and some other missed calls or correct calls. Is this narrator the same guy who does the North Shore News sports videos??

Instant Replay - Repaying the Penalty | MLSsoccer.com

The goal never should have counted so justice was served in the end with regard to the caps, the idiot ny idiot who was 5 yds into the area before the penalty kick was taken was just plain stupid. Surprised to see so much diving in the mls.... Just gives North Americans an even bigger reason to hate the beautiful game...

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like that the MLS actually puts this type of video out showing missed calls (and correct calls). I don't think the NHL would do something like this.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
See Regs it tells you how good are the coaches in reseve development. We have kids here better than they get from US our kids get no chances. To me it's clear that fish head needs to be cleaned.
The way I see it there should be six Candian kids starting in Caps reseves, some day our kids could fill our roster.
Good job by Mike and UBC guys. Result speakks out loud.
I am sure Rannie will think about reseve coaches. In Europe you loose to University you as a coach is dam well gone. Acounting must be put in place.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB in Europe they use friendly games to see if you can coach. Here everyone is a coach. Most never played soccer before. Reseves should smoke UBC to prove that they belong there.
Instead UBC proved that they run better program than Cap. Caps head a team in PCSL,they only wone two or three games.
All I am trying to point out that we have kids here just as good as theit USA superstars that they bring here. Most run aroud with very little foot skill.
Go and watch the games and you'll see how it is.
Kick and run just does not cut it at higher level.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Buttocks!

Just hold the fort now for 60 minutes and break the streak...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frustrating to watch that game play out.

The one thing that came to mind is that this team goes as Reo & Kobyashi go and yesterday I thought both were quite poor.

Magic strike by Camilo - he should have started in place of Hurtado whom I think was the guilty party on both Dynamo goals :mad:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frustrating to watch that game play out.

The one thing that came to mind is that this team goes as Reo & Kobyashi go and yesterday I thought both were quite poor.

Magic strike by Camilo - he should have started in place of Hurtado whom I think was the guilty party on both Dynamo goals :mad:

I feel like everyone is making Hurtado a scapegoat.

First goal, I see 3 Caps defenders marking 2 Dynamo, and Reo C standing at the top of box waving his hands shouting but marking nobody (shades of Barry Robson?). Somehow we've collectively decided it's the right wing's responsibility to run all the way back to central part of the box to mark the opposition attacking mid? Sure he timed his jump poorly and got caught under the ball, but he never should have had to try and come back to cover there in the first place!

Second goal, Hurtado's mark is the same #23 that scored the first goal. Hurtado has goal-side position on him and #23 does nothing. I see Rusin get completely outmuscled by his man who gets the first touch to bring the ball down, and Reo C's man spin off him as he stands helplessly to poke the ball home. Hurtado did make a mistake on the play which was to gravitate towards the ball which he flailed at, and if the ball had instead gone to his now open man I would have totally blamed him, but that wasn't the case.

Looks to me like both goals were down to collectively shitty defending by the Whitecaps.

Kick'em

Mar 6, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
While it is disappointing to see a goal off of a corner kick. Huston had 11 corner kicks. Statistically speaking if the caps can average over 90 percent on dangerous dead ball situations, which I will include corner kicks, I think the coaches should be applauded.

Hurtado started because in the preseason Hurtado was a menace against the Dynamo and nobody could deal with him. I am about to agree with a sentiment from Base, strange day in my life; starting Hurtado is giving a young player, with loads of potential, a chance to develop and overall is a fundamentally sound concept. I also agree with Dezza, that while he looked bad in the replay of the second goal, the whole picture showed him keeping his check at bay.

Most impressive player for Huston was Driver. I think he won the battle on the flank and he was competing against YP. Might be the only time this season YP is outplayed.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys we were bit weak in the midle of the Park. Only one guy was tackling in the midle of the Park rest were shadow dancing. That's one area that needs inprovment to be able get more wins. Mattacks has to learn use his team mates.
Hurtado could have scored but Mattacks was selfish. He will score a goal but in my opinion he should not play ninty minutes.
I think kid like Jonior and Hurtado would work well. Or a Brasilian an Hurtado. Coach took out a wrong guy and it bit hin in the but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0