Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dunno if it was just me but some of NRCs passes seemed like he wasn't putting enough power on them, maybe trying to adjust to the turf.... But he looks like he definitely needs to adjust to the artificial surface... Sad really, I'm sure the lions and caps would love to play on grass...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe it's just Miller, but most of the Caps' attack in the 2nd half was down the right side. Almost like they didn't want to go left? R-C was effective. Not a dominating presence by any standard, but definitely effective. Like to see him play against a real midfield, though. Hurtado needs some more reminders about why it's not good footy to run head-down with the ball directly at your opponents and then lose it. More time on the bench as well...

MeatBag

May 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Players are going to take a while to gel, you can see the speed of the new attack and the back line is deeper this year.
Coker will run things at a high pace, should be fun looking football this year.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, though...what is stopping them from bringing in actual grass for a full WFC / Lion's season? Why not? They have all the elements they'd need to maintain it now. Just go ahead and dump it right on top of the turf shite. .

I heard that Lions insist on artificial turf (source AM 1040).

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Wanna kit out our section with TTP gear? We'll don hats and scarves for ya. Sec 253, good advertising opportunity!!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, though...what is stopping them from bringing in actual grass for a full WFC / Lion's season? Why not? They have all the elements they'd need to maintain it now. Just go ahead and dump it right on top of the turf shite.

Actually with the stadium design they have where the roof only opens that small amount in the centre they don't have nearly enough sun light to maintain a full natural grass pitch.

The only option would be to grow it outside the stadium and transfer it in for the games, but with the stadium located downtown, the real estate nearby is way too valuable to be doing that.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
once mayor moonbeam tears the viaducts down there will be plenty of room for urban gardening...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually with the stadium design they have where the roof only opens that small amount in the centre they don't have nearly enough sun light to maintain a full natural grass pitch.

The only option would be to grow it outside the stadium and transfer it in for the games, but with the stadium located downtown, the real estate nearby is way too valuable to be doing that.

Even then with the small opening in the centre doesn't the jumbotron hang right in the middle blocking said sunlight ..

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That first half might have been the worst football I have ever witnessed by two teams. SHOCKING.

The second half the tempo was picked up and the Whitecaps actually started taking chances and going forward. We weren't very good overall but TFC was diabolical. Good to see DeMerit off to a strong start. :rolleyes:

The best part of the game was the fact I had $100 on the Whitecaps to win.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely with all the grow-op experts in this province we can grow a bit of grass indoors???:big-smile:

Exactly.

Jesus, TTP, since when did you all become gardeners? With all the pot growing knowledge out here, we can grow a fcuking soccer pitch in an underground mine.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reports out saying DeMerit fully ruptured his achilles.

Considering he missed most of preseason with an achilles strain, you have to wonder if the medical staff got this one wrong in declaring him fit to play or if the team/player just ignored their advise.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reports out saying DeMerit fully ruptured his achilles.

Considering he missed most of preseason with an achilles strain, you have to wonder if the medical staff got this one wrong in declaring him fit to play or if the team/player just ignored their advise.

I feel bad for stating this but Demerit's injury allows for a better player, or the possibility of a better player, to take his spot? That is my opinion and I think I can be swayed by some good debate, but I look at Demerit as more of an athlete than a footballer. He is the face of the organization, the team captain, and he is devoted to this city, so it kills me to make these comments. But am I wrong in thinking this? Let's put it this way, if he wasn't who he is and how he conducts himself, I'd be way more blunt.

Hope he heals well.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dr. Rick Celebrini was on the Team 1040 Sport Market show that very morning talking about injury prevention and how they watch players in the warmup and whatnot to closely monitor injury-prone players.

The more I see and hear of Demerit, the more I see similarities between himself and the good doctor... great people/leaders/athletes whose bodies let them down.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dr. Rick Celebrini was on the Team 1040 Sport Market show that very morning talking about injury prevention and how they watch players in the warmup and whatnot to closely monitor injury-prone players.

The more I see and hear of Demerit, the more I see similarities between himself and the good doctor... great people/leaders/athletes whose bodies let them down.

I stated this years ago on TTP. I think Rick and Randy used to purposely maim one another to ply their trade. At any given time, in the event an article of clothing left their bodies, you'd fine an electrode stimulator or a remnant of a rubber rehab band still attached.

Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome Celebrini style. ;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, just Italian twins who grew up playing for Hack U (oops, I mean Cliff Avenue). Actually, all twins are simultaneously best friends and worst enemies. Not just speaking from family experience here.:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, just Italian twins who grew up playing for Hack U (oops, I mean Cliff Avenue). Actually, all twins are simultaneously best friends and worst enemies. Not just speaking from family experience here.:D

Italian twins?

More Croat and there are 2 years separating them?

We are in agreement though on the Hack U shout :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0