Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, just Italian twins who grew up playing for Hack U (oops, I mean Cliff Avenue). Actually, all twins are simultaneously best friends and worst enemies. Not just speaking from family experience here.:D

Nope definitely not twins, definitely Croat with maybe some Italian sprinkled in (but who isn't) but can understand the mistake since the rubber rehab band was continuously connecting the two. It was like an umbeliical cord that wasn't severed, perhaps explaining the Italian connotation?:confused:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zing! See what happens when you get old? One of the two (can't remember for sure which now) played on a team with my younger brother, but both names were mentioned frequently when they were kids.

Blame the mistaken heritage on a North Burnaby background. if you didn't speak Cantonese, the assumption was that by default you had to be Italian.:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Witson twins played on the same team as Randall @ Cliff Ave, maybe that's who you were thinking of :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what? When he went down, and the Devos mentioned that there was some issue going in w/ his achiles, I was up in arms. My first thought was, "WTF are they doing allowing him to play on that?" It's literally the worse area to fcuk with if you are a runner of any type- never mind a footballer!

And you know what...medical staff can tell. A physio or massage therapist can tell, just by physical examination. You can't pull the wool over their eyes.

Big blunder by the Caps allowing him to dress.

Bad news for Jay, too...unrestricted next season. He'll have to grovel for a new job, with his injury history. I wonder if the turf was a factor?

New captain gotta be Kenny or WP.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what? When he went down, and the Devos mentioned that there was some issue going in w/ his achiles, I was up in arms. My first thought was, "WTF are they doing allowing him to play on that?" It's literally the worse area to fcuk with if you are a runner of any type- never mind a footballer!

And you know what...medical staff can tell. A physio or massage therapist can tell, just by physical examination. You can't pull the wool over their eyes.

Big blunder by the Caps allowing him to dress.

Bad news for Jay, too...unrestricted next season. He'll have to grovel for a new job, with his injury history. I wonder if the turf was a factor?

New captain gotta be Kenny or WP.

Figured u would be happy

Look at the bright side Dude..

With that injury surely he wont be able to service his old lady like she needs...

Maybe an opening for u to slot in to her lineup????

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see Nigel Reo-Coker wearing the arm band. Comes across very impressive in interviews and not what I expected.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No way Kenny gets the armband. NFW! Depends on the dressing room, but NRC would make the most sense.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 2: Caps vs Crew

Prediction: 2-0 Caps

Bonus prediction: No BB Scarf on the big screen this week :)

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Kobi goal... Mattocks has been crap. No dislike for Miller today so far.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mattocks looks good on bad/mediocre teams but with the upgrade in skill of the Caps this year, well, ...

Miller has been great I think, he's been everywhere except scoresheet.

Kick'em

Mar 6, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kobiyashi - fabulous
YP - outstanding
Rochat - great
Miller - good (player not beer)!
Koffie - good
Cannon - embarrassed but otherwise good
Mattocks - meh
rest of the team - solid performance

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Super super Ken
Super super Ken
Super super Ken
Super Kenny miller

Fantastic atmosphere too bad we don't play a home game for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0