Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definate dive.
Ironic though,isn't that the same player (Davidson) who was knocked unconscious after a tap on the cheek from DeGuzman?
I think that there needs to be some punishment from the League to stop this cheating and diving.
If they can suspend a player for voilent conduct, after the game and as a result of video evidence, then surely they can do the same for the Diver's and Cheats in the game.
Should the club not be doing more to stop this?

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonjour picked up his 5th caution last night and I believe will be out for the Seattle match. Let's hope the Captain's head is ok.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch,

Unfortunately, The Captain passed away in 2004, so probably will not be game fit for Saturday. However, I believe he had a very similar touch as Demerit when he was alive.

images.jpg

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heads doing okay, Lads. Cheers for asking.

Miller is gash........Andy O'Brien moves like a cross of Andy Richter and Conan O'Brien. He is 46? At the end of the day, this is a 'C' or 'D' level professional league and that is why we are getting players like Kenny Miller and Barry Robson as our 'best' players. It is starting to go more and more like the NASL everyday when you start playing tits like Kenny Miller A LOT of money.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remember Camillo does his fair share to impress the judges also. If MLS came out with joint fines to club and player it would stop.

Pssst, you're not getting diving and play acting out of the game. The South Americans, Italians and so on don't have much of a problem with it in fact they encourage it as part of the game, or gamesmanship. Has nobody ever watched Zaurinni or The Lion play locally, talk to them about diving. I personally hate it but if you're not willing to do it your already at a disadvantage, enter Canada.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe there is a difference between making a meal out of an actual foul and falling down with nary a touch. If you can sucker a ref into a booking or calling a foul when there is contact but you sell it by going down...well that's more acceptable and I can see that, without necessarily agreeing with it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simple way to deal with it? Any player caught CHEATING/simulating after the game will receive a three match UNPAID ban. This will stop it IMMEDIATELY. If a stretcher comes on to the field, that player MUST stay off the field for 15 minutes with his team playing shorthanded.....this way if he really is injured when taken off the field then he will be subbed immediately and they will not have to play shorthanded. It's not difficult. :)

FCUK ALL DIVING AND DIVERS IN THIS GAME.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capitain i agree with you. Diving is the sickest part of the game. Miller needs to do bit more of it he can not get to the ball, always one step behind.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base, Miller needs to drop about 20 lbs. Those white jerseys don't hide much and the only thing he had at times was pace before........now he has no skill, no pace, and the touch of a brick wall. Not a great combo for any footballer, let alone a striker.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miller as a midfielder is almost as good as Miller as a player. Coach was taking the piss today by playing him there.....

As for Robson missing? One more mucker in the middle of the park. Richards was invisible today except the one run in the second half when YP feathered a nice ball. The big Canadian kid making his debut.......ouch. He did realise the Whitecaps had WHITE jerseys on, didn't he? I was surprised to see Montero not starting......guy has talent but apparently he wasn't at training yesterday due to personal reasons. Second goal by Seattle was brilliant......especially the run made by Johnson for the tap in. Our Whitecaps strikers wouldn't know what to do with a run like that.

It was a very poor game in terms of quality from both teams particularly in the passing department.....but this seems to be a theme in a lot of games. Schoolboy mistakes quite often. Hopefully the atmosphere was as good as it appeared on the tv?

PS - Kenny Miller is RUBBISH

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain that's ok kid from Richmond can step in and do the job. As far as Robson out that is bit harder, in my opinion move the guy from the centre D up we will hold our own. O'Brian can play anywhere.
Coach needs to relax and team will play better. We know he want's to make a playoffs but it is not as easy as people think. Onece we add one or two more Canadian sides in MLS we will have a better chance.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I am talking about Caleb and allso of O'Brian in the midle of the Park. Better teams are getting by Robinson with speed and also foot strength. At least O'Brian is strong, he will patrol that area and he will not be talking crap all the times.
Team must have better balance in orther to move forward. Would you like to sit next to moter mouth in the dressing room?
Midfielder in resdancy program could also do the job for at least sixty minutes. Two guys up front need better service from midfielders in orther to get inbehind opposing D.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base, with all due respect......you need to be relatively mobile to play centre midfield. The only thing mobile about Andy O'Brien at the moment is what he uses to call people and to receive calls. I have never seen Caleb play so I can't comment on that.....but I've seen milk turn quicker than O'Brien.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully the atmosphere was as good as it appeared on the tv?
A great atmosphere at CenturyLink indeed – before the game, during the game, and after the game.

Sounders have a very entertaining band that entertains fans before the game, you can also hear them during the game, and after the game they have like a mini concert on the stadium’s stairs outside.

For this game Sounders basically opened the stadium fully. You could walk in just before the game and buy upper bowl tickets for less than $20. Although the stands were not full (that stadium’s capacity is around 67,000 seats) it looked impressive with announced 55,000+. That impression has not changed even after we could see a lot of empty seats in the lower bowl. I had chance to talk to a few Sounders’ fans around me and they said those were basically corporate seats so not surprisingly some seats are always empty.

Anyway, the main point I am trying to make here is that although some lower bowl seats were empty and all upper bowl seats at the top were empty the atmosphere was great, the stadium looked impressive and much. much better and soccer like than the “intimate soccer atmosphere” Whitecaps are trying to create by limiting the number of seats to 21,000 and covering 6-7,000 lower bowl seats with the tarp and all 27,000 upper bowl seats with the curtains. I stated before that I never liked those curtains and tarps and I will go a step further now and say that they are quite ridiculous (especially when I know that they are a part of the Whitecaps marketing strategy which has failed if anyone asks me).

Seattle Sounders have really created a great place where families want to come. I have never seen in my life (and I watched a lot of soccer games) so many moms and dads with their kids attending the game.

Whitecaps supporters should be proud of the atmosphere they created themselves. They were very visible and vocal, filled the corner of the stadium all the way to the top!It was nice to see a sea of white (and blue) in that corner plus there were a lot of white, blue, and brown Whitecaps jerseys scattered around at some other sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0