Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really? Again?
55,000 out of 67,000 is a little different than 21,000 out of 60,000 But hey, why do the math. Look at the atmosphere at the Lions game on the weekend, where they had 34,000. The support and atmosphere is unreal down in Seattle, and I hope that one day Vancouver gets there. Opening up the upper bowl and crossing our fingers that moms and their kids will come won't get us there - when again, we're not selling out the 21,000 on a regular basis. From the looks of the last home game, we had $20 tickets still available.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seattle has involved its season ticket holders and others. Seasons ticket holders are members of the Members Association which gets some voice in how the Club is run. The following is from the Sounders website.

"The Seattle Sounders FC's Official Members Association, activates the promise of minority owner Drew Carey to involve the fans in the decision making process of the team. Carey will serve as the association’s chairman.

“I'm very excited about what we're doing here in Seattle,” said Carey. “Where else can the fans fire the general manager? I hope this becomes a model for every professional sports organization in America.”

Fans will have a say in the direction of the franchise, including a vote on retention or lack of confidence for the general manager every four years. The first general manager vote will take place November of 2012 immediately following the Major League Soccer season.

“We learned through the ‘name the team vote’ that our fans are passionate, active and want to be involved in this democratic process,” said majority owner Joe Roth. “Members can voice their opinions on a wide variety of issues from team play to game presentation and ultimately to the performance of our management. Although membership groups like this are new to American sports, they are important to world class European soccer clubs like Real Madrid and FC Barcelona.”

All members will be invited to an annual meeting hosted by Drew Carey.

In addition, members will have the opportunity to be selected to an Association Council. Council delegates will be nominated on an biannual basis. Members interested in participating on the council must receive a minimum of 25 nominations from other association members. The team will begin accepting nominations in June.

Membership is complimentary for season ticket holders, and non-season ticket holders can join the association starting in June for an annual fee of $125. Benefits include: voting privilege, membership pin, membership card, discount at team shops, invitation to annual meeting, electronic newsletters during the season, and an annual report.

For information on Sounders FC Members Association and Sounders FC season tickets please visit Home - Seattle Sounders Football Club or call 1-877-MLS-GOAL.

Association Goals

Provide the members with a voice in the overall direction of the organization, including but not limited to the following:

A vote on retention or lack of confidence in the general manager every four years
Team play
Game presentation
Association Voting Procedures

Every four years, all members are invited to vote on the “retention or lack of confidence” in the General Manager. The first membership vote for general manager will occur in 2012.
Simple majority rules and a minimum number of 10,000 members must participate in the vote.
The first vote will take place in November, 2012 immediately following the season.
Additional voting on various team operations.
Ownership reserves the right to relieve the General Manager of duties for cause and/or call for a “lack of confidence” vote at any time.
Association Council

Council delegates are nominated on an annual basis.
Members interested in participating on the Council must receive a minimum of 25 nominations from other association members.
The Association Council will meet two times per year in addition to the annual meeting.
Each Council delegate will serve as a liaison from the members association to the ownership group.
Association Benefits (all season ticket holders receive complimentary memberships)

Voting privilege
Membership Pin
Membership Card
Discount at team shops
Invitation to annual meeting
Electronic newsletters during the season
Annual Report

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch the game from the 300 level and despite the great atmostphere they have at the stadium I just didn't have that intimate experience I get at the Whitecaps game.
I had a great time all day but I never thought I would see the day when 4 guys go out on a road trip minus the woman and we were all done by shortly after midnight. We stayed at the W and for some reason as we were leaving what looked like the LA Galaxy team bus was arriving but as far as I know they aren't playing in Seattle any time soon so not sure what that was about.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch the game from the 300 level and despite the great atmostphere they have at the stadium I just didn't have that intimate experience I get at the Whitecaps game.
I had a great time all day but I never thought I would see the day when 4 guys go out on a road trip minus the woman and we were all done by shortly after midnight. We stayed at the W and for some reason as we were leaving what looked like the LA Galaxy team bus was arriving but as far as I know they aren't playing in Seattle any time soon so not sure what that was about.

Has the W finished their new bar renovations? I stayed earlier this year, and it was under construction...looked like it would be fantastic once complete, but w/ out their usual high standard lounge, the W is just another hotel.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The lounge was finished and it's a good place to start and finish the night. Hotel is nice with a good location and I would stay there again but I wish we got the $200 a night deal that some other friends we bump into got instead of the $290 we paid. Live and learn.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mattocks red was in my opinion legitimate but more importantly it seems to be a clear reflection about the state of the game these days. The player that ends up going in or up recklessly higher than their opponent seems to get penalized. Two players both going elbows up should both be penalized. I cringe at some of the shite that seems to be happening more often than not these days.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuna get the replay and slow it down and you will see Mottacks actualy pulled away from contact. That ref is one way C-Fricken soccer.
There was fauls and tactical delays by Portland players he gave them no cards fot that.
We all know about American refs. Some are totaly out to lunch.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, reffing was shocking...

BUT

I can't stand the way this team now "plays" the game. For me, they have zero identity other than Robson waving his arms everywhere, showing contempt for his teammates.

It is only a matter of time before they ship Rochat and Koffie out.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richards is leaving at the end of the year to go to Burnley. Great for him, bad for us. Miller finally scored but at 1.2 id rather have Hassli back. Its been a tough go the last month watching us shite the bed week in and out. Our discipline is out of control and our play off spot is looking very dismal. Not sure what to expect against LA or Dallas. Why can't we beat shite teams. FCUK.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So much for my optimism two weeks back projecting points in Portland...

The Koffie suspension and Robson suspensions were just, but stupid actions by players that made it easy fro MLS HQ to suspend them making it harder for a Canadian team to make the playoffs, now Mattocks' red card will hurt too. Not hanging the Caps issues on Poor officiating or the suspensions, it just self inflicted wounds taking any momentum built and flushing it.

Now they are back to zero, and I saw an alarming stat that the Caps are 2 wins out of the last 9 since Chiumiento has departed.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The while team was crap in Portland and without Chiumiento there is zero creativity and possession. I really think all the changes effected the chemistry on the team. It is one thing to create a competitive environment that players have to compete for playing time and another to show a lack of loyalty to players. I have a bad feeling we have some unhappy players right now. Sucks being a Vancouver sports fan sometimes but at least we are not Toronto sports fans.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think shipping out Hassli and selling Dede were disloyal moves.
from all accounts Dede wanted a raise, the caps pushed back and his agent found a team in his homeland willing to pay for his service now, while the transfer window was open, opening up Cap Space for Miller etc.
Hassli wasn't fitting the tactics and albeit he was a good teammate (for what that's worth) it makes no sense to have a 900k per year super sub in a salary cap league.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think shipping out Hassli and selling Dede were disloyal moves.
from all accounts Dede wanted a raise, the caps pushed back and his agent found a team in his homeland willing to pay for his service now, while the transfer window was open, opening up Cap Space for Miller etc.
Hassli wasn't fitting the tactics and albeit he was a good teammate (for what that's worth) it makes no sense to have a 900k per year super sub in a salary cap league.

I would consider the Hassli move somewhat disloyal. Didnt he just buy a house in Langley on zero ave the week before the trade?

Team has zero chemistry now....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They chose To sign Miller, for more money. It was a move needed to be made. Hassli was out of contract and they were obviously going to offer him a reduced contract if at all.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny Miller or no Miller things are not going well. Righht mid is going over seas soon, onother guy that could have helped the side.
Team will be very lucky to make the playoffs the way they are playing.
Mattocks out for a game or two sets us even more backwards. Team is running all over the place. We give far tomany free kicks and fauls over all.
Refs are clamping down on our late tackes and allso on mouthy guys.
Coach is showing frastration, refs love it.

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuna get the replay and slow it down and you will see Mottacks actualy pulled away from contact. That ref is one way C-Fricken soccer.
There was fauls and tactical delays by Portland players he gave them no cards fot that.
We all know about American refs. Some are totaly out to lunch.

Is there a difference between Canadian refs & American refs ?
Would a Canadian ref have done something different ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0