Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Canadian ref would have given a red card for that. Yellow for reckless tackle and no more. As I said before we need two more teams in MLS from Canada in orther to balance that out a bit.
As of right know you can clearly see that reffing from US needs to come up to pro level. Some of those guys call games like kids from kindergarden.
If you watch refs from England and other countries they make the game flow. Refs in MLS stop the flow so much.
It seens it is more about them than the actual game.

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Canadian ref would have given a red card for that. Yellow for reckless tackle and no more. As I said before we need two more teams in MLS from Canada in orther to balance that out a bit.
As of right know you can clearly see that reffing from US needs to come up to pro level. Some of those guys call games like kids from kindergarden.
If you watch refs from England and other countries they make the game flow. Refs in MLS stop the flow so much.
It seens it is more about them than the actual game.

F.Y.I...The referee & the 4th official were from Alberta. Both A/R's were from B.C. The red card decision was made by the A/R , not the referee.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So... ummm. A loss this weekend (most likely) and a loss at Dallas and the Caps are on the outside looking in? Ya. And yes, even if the Caps hold onto fifth, which before Scotland 2.0, seemed so distant, they'll have to win on the road at either Seattle or LA. WTF? I'm not liking where this is going...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So does Kenny Miller realize that as a striker you're supposed to be aggresive in the box and not watch every ball go to the keeper? And when you get the ball 1v1 agaisnt a defender TRY AND BEAT HIM don't just pass it back every time. The guy is like a fcuking rebound net. Scotland 2.0 is just that out of 10.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As mentioned from day one........Miller is gash/Robson is gash/.........the Whitecaps right now.....are gash. All I can say is thank you for being so fcuking terrible right now because I am making money betting against you. It really is pathetic watching the team's shape in the second half in particular. They NEVER looked like scoring and had the piss taken out of them throughout. Beckham is SO ****ing washed up it's not funny but yet he was able to WALK around the park and still impact the game?

Also, wtf was the Whitecaps defender thinking by going back on to the post then moving forward then moving back only to have the ball scoot over his head as he was 4 yards off the line? The shot wasn't even in the top corner. Either way that goal was brilliant because it cover the (-1) handicap I had bet on the Galaxy. Bring on the next road game and hopefully the odds are good. :D

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure on what you guys think but I've been impressed by barbara everytime he plays,he works hard has a lot of skill and actually pushed towards goal, is there some reason he is only getting a few minutes when guys are injured. Or carded? I thought teibert looked decent out on the wing tonight, he put in more crosses that camilo has all season and brought a lot of pace. Richards has completely fell out of form, you have speed use it!!!!. Oh and you guys are apparently pro soccer players, so why won't you shoot from 25 yards out, you don't need a breakaway to score..........#shouldhaveboughtasportsaction

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As mentioned from day one........Miller is gash/Robson is gash/.........the Whitecaps right now.....are gash. All I can say is thank you for being so fcuking terrible right now because I am making money betting against you. It really is pathetic watching the team's shape in the second half in particular. They NEVER looked like scoring and had the piss taken out of them throughout. Beckham is SO ****ing washed up it's not funny but yet he was able to WALK around the park and still impact the game?

Also, wtf was the Whitecaps defender thinking by going back on to the post then moving forward then moving back only to have the ball scoot over his head as he was 4 yards off the line? The shot wasn't even in the top corner. Either way that goal was brilliant because it cover the (-1) handicap I had bet on the Galaxy. Bring on the next road game and hopefully the odds are good. :D

Agreed that Beckham is in the twilight well maybe a little beyond the twilight of his career but he has 7 goals and 9 assists. I would take him spraying the ball while Koffie and Davidson do the dirty work. He still has more class then 95% of the guys out there, no he isn't beating guys but he never did. He still puts the ball where he wants it from 40 yards away. How many guys are really able to do that who fly around the pitch and beat people with jinky moves, Im still waiting for aaron lennon to put in a descent ball. He is definitly at the point of taking a stroll in the park, I agree on that.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed that Beckham is in the twilight well maybe a little beyond the twilight of his career but he has 7 goals and 9 assists. I would take him spraying the ball while Koffie and Davidson do the dirty work. He still has more class then 95% of the guys out there, no he isn't beating guys but he never did. He still puts the ball where he wants it from 40 yards away. How many guys are really able to do that who fly around the pitch and beat people with jinky moves, Im still waiting for aaron lennon to put in a descent ball. He is definitly at the point of taking a stroll in the park, I agree on that.

You're right about that, Bulljive......but it really shows how bad the MLS is as opposed to how 'good' Beckham is.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right about that, Bulljive......but it really shows how bad the MLS is as opposed to how 'good' Beckham is.

Says the man who watches the Scottish Premier League.

I agree it isn't the best league but it is one of the only league that is getting better all the time and it is the best soccer we have had locally for a long long time.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
And it really shows how bad the 86ers must have been in comparison.....

yet we still watched that crap hoping for a better day.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come boys you give Backham tomuch credit. MLS stays away from man marking. Most teams play flatt back. Caps D is not fast enough for flatt back. It is coasting us game after game. Coach keaps on talking about adjustments yet none are to be seen.
The type of players he has he hast to play three forwards and move the ball up at much faster pace. For most parts Caps are trying to drible forward. Turnovers always coast them. We need centre back with much more speed to cut offf apposing players with speed.
Man mark the bast players or we will lose way more games.
They better win against their next opponent or things could go very very bad.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps are constantly advertising PDL and their residency program as one of the best in the world. Yet, how many players have come through the system and are playing on the first team right now? The residency has been in the system for some time. 5+ years if I am not mistaken. Its obvious something is not working and whoever is coaching these young players is not doing the right job. Its even more sad to see the Whitecaps going out and buying washed up players in their mid 30's to come over and play. What is the point of the academy then?? Money grab? I cant stand watching Robson constantly waving his hand up in the air. If I was his teammate it would pissed me of big time.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really Base I know you're retarded but man mark Beckham and play with a Sweeper? You must be taking the piss, the game has evolved past following someone around the pitch and who plays with a dropped sweeper any more.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really Base I know you're retarded but man mark Beckham and play with a Sweeper? You must be taking the piss, the game has evolved past following someone around the pitch and who plays with a dropped sweeper any more.
Really?

Is that your final statement or would you like to call a friend on this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0