Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jigsaw no blame go's against Craig Delrimple and the top guy. They are trying hard to develop kids. In my opinion our top team is making a big mistake. I agree buy the four five top World closs players, not thirty five and older. Pay them top dollars. What has to happan is our kids from resdancy and from local clubs should be given a chance to prove them selfs. So be it one at the time.
Half a season went by before Tiebert got a chance. No other local kid but Caleb Clarke enen played ten minutes.
The drive will com from local guys that want to win, not from thirty five year old guys.
Caps coach needs to be pointed in a right direction, he is not to be fired for teams performance.Team needs to change the formation of play to more stay at hom and couter attack as if posible. There is huge gaps all over the field with six men attacks as the seam to play now. Someone needs to controld the midle of the Park. I pointed out before Centre D is not fast enough for MLS.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
FWIW, I have a different take... given my role with MUFC Im not going to say alot, but I would suggest that the key is what we do at the ages junior to the BCSPL. Certainly in my area, the quality of player overall coming to tryout for the incoming u13 teams is noticeably better than what it was even five or six years ago. We can beat up the Whitecaps all we want but at the end of the day they cant turn under-developed 14 year olds into EPL caliber players. I think we need to see how the kids going through all these "development progams" the feeder clubs have turn out, and then start pointing fingers if BC or the Whitecaps fail a kid that was on the fast track prior to their involvement in his development...

as for the CSA, ask yourself where Tony Fonseca was, and where he is now.... dont kid yourself, they know exactly what's going on in BC...

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Something needs to change here, as the way we are going now is backwards.

I like many of your points Jigsaw .... finally someone that is looking at why the Province / Country aren't producing top players. I have a mate that is working within the youth setup at the Caps and he has mentioned more than a few times on how 'disappointing' many of the local players are in terms of technical ability, tactical awareness and other essentials of a young footballer. Most of them are as fit as fcuk and can run for miles but give them a ball and their ability to make proper decisions and problem solve when on a pitch is poor.

It all starts when they're young ..... more money has to be spent at the lower age groups (U6 - U12) both in player development and coaching development.

Too many guys in 'plum' coaching positions trying to protect their jobs whilst earning big salaries not giving a toss about what happens in player development but focusing on their wins at all costs mentality.

You have to build from the ground up and not vice versa which we do in Canada. Look across the world at youth academies that produce the world's top players (La Masia, Ajax, DFB, etc., etc.). Maybe someone in this country will take notice on what's going on around the world and start changing the way things are done.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back on topic more to do with the Caps, they are now (after a horrific last month) 10-11-7 with on 37 points after 28 gp.

They have six remaining
-Away to FCD*
-Home to Colorado, Seattle*, Chivas & Portland (in that order)
-Close out away in Salt Lake*
* means in playoffs or in the hunt.

They are 4 points up on FCD with a game in hand. FCD has Chivas twice, Seattle, SJ and Us.

9 points (wins vs Colorado, Chivas and Portland out of our last 6 games)probably puts us in the playoffs, it's our magic number I think...If Dallas runs the table they are at 15 additional points and with the 4 point gap the Caps need full 12 points to avoid tie break implications which are not favorable for the Caps when it comes to GD and GF/GA compared to FCD

12 points from 6 games is a tough ask, but I doubt FCD Runs the table... with games vs Seattle and SJ.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like many of your points Jigsaw .... finally someone that is looking at why the Province / Country aren't producing top players. I have a mate that is working within the youth setup at the Caps and he has mentioned more than a few times on how 'disappointing' many of the local players are in terms of technical ability, tactical awareness and other essentials of a young footballer. Most of them are as fit as fcuk and can run for miles but give them a ball and their ability to make proper decisions and problem solve when on a pitch is poor.

It all starts when they're young ..... more money has to be spent at the lower age groups (U6 - U12) both in player development and coaching development.

Too many guys in 'plum' coaching positions trying to protect their jobs whilst earning big salaries not giving a toss about what happens in player development but focusing on their wins at all costs mentality.

You have to build from the ground up and not vice versa which we do in Canada. Look across the world at youth academies that produce the world's top players (La Masia, Ajax, DFB, etc., etc.). Maybe someone in this country will take notice on what's going on around the world and start changing the way things are done.

Here's an idea! Start selecting players into your soccer programs with higher soccer IQ's instead of the most athletic/early developed kids (ie: provincial and national programs). I know, it sounds like rocket science but it's really elementary.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mtkb Tony is just thinking of his job. He realy does not care where the kids come from. Centre is in Ontario five out seven kids will be from there, reason is they can train. The problem in BC is simply tomany leagues. Whitecaps program is no better then Jeffs in Surey or Calins in Richmond. In fact Calin's a better developer than all put together.
It realy doe's not matter. Whitecaps like American kids from their div one. Most sixfoot three kick and run. Tough as forth N.
But kids like kids from Spain keap on winning due to better foot skills and for most playing fast two tuch socker. Triangles alway swithching and moving.
Local kids have to go to Europe to be looked at, here is not going to be given.
Bringing in thirty fie year olds here is not going to win us a cup. For most all those guys were finished two three years ago. They are comming here just to add few more years to soccer.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it that the Whitecaps are looking at signing an international who is his countries all time leading scorer..............Kenny Daglish will sign a 1 year contract next season.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like 2013 season tickets are cheaper for early renewal and they have changes the end zone prices a little bit. There is also going to be discounts for stuents and some 9 game packs. Too bad they will still have that intimate seating policy that will keep some of you away.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like 2013 season tickets are cheaper for early renewal and they have changes the end zone prices a little bit. There is also going to be discounts for stuents and some 9 game packs. Too bad they will still have that intimate seating policy that will keep some of you away.

Hey disease dick!!?
Don't u worry about cheap tics etc,just worry about your role as been spike the mascot for the home games
It must get hot in that suit after a while
Fly at em....

Sid

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MLS REALLY needs to do something about these refs.

Fcuk me.

Great save! Better refs though would have made the PK be retaken :)

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
these idiots couldnt defend a lead late in a VMSL game... at what point do they realize its a coaching issue?

maybe its just me, but I'd let the rookie run around for a while early, and put the wily vet in late to help preserve a result...

if they're discounting season tickets, their renewals must be way down... good thing they opened up the upper bowl to use marquee matchups to reel new fans in.

oh wait...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb that ref was a ****ing ass h-le. Faul on Miller coud have got us a goal. He also added two extra minutes, it took 3 minutes to get the injured guy off of the field. Caps played their harts out. Our strikers can not do the job. Every since fast Franchmen left hell has come our way.
All they need is awin in last four games and we will make the playoffs.
Coach needs to keap his mouth closed. Throw one more youngster from Canada and we will chisle a win. Some of that reffing in US needs bit of back to school. Kenny Miller needs to play on Surrey United side five six games to get his legs back.
Kid on Surry United by the name Burk woud do better job than Miller and that is a fact.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miller Sucks, lately Robson sucks, bonjour is a walking foul and yellow card machine. We may as well be sponsored by hoover vaccuums because we SUCK. Not sure if this is a team I want to spend. My season ticket money on. We couldn't beat ourselves in the shower ffs.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Miller went down rather easily for a big man not named akslop... I thought that ref did a decent job, to be honest...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hassli scored for the second game in a row and has 3 in 6 since going to TO.

Just sayin...

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First post is from 6/20... :torture:.

A big win tonight and a SJ loss would move the Caps to 2nd. Hopefully they go with the Spruce kits again tonight :wa:.

Yeah, from what I've read, the teams have been aware of this tie-break system since January but why it wasn't announced with the new playoff format is baffling and a little micky mouse. As for the playoff run, it will be tight with the LAG not going anywhere. Need to finish 4th or above to host a playoff match... and maybe open the entire lower bowl ;).

Huge points dropped last night. On the road for 4 now.. Seattle, Portland, LA and Dallas. Caps could be out of a playoff spot by the time they return. SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0