Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not the worlds biggest Whitecaps fan, as yesterday was only the second game I've ever been too, but give me strength that was painful to watch. I feel sorry for all season ticket holders.

As mentioned in previous game reports from fellow TTPers, that showing was dire at best, especially in the first half. There was no creativity amongst that 5 man midfield, and Robson just fancies holding on to the ball forever, resulting in a long ball over the top only for it to be collected by The Rapids keeper or simply roll out for a goal kick. Is it me, or do the 'caps have no width out on the park? Camilo cuts in EVERY time he is on the ball out left, and the full backs rarely if ever make an over lapping run. What is Rennie coaching them exactly? Top that off with Mattocks, who does not like to show for the ball at all, and seems hell bent on hopelessly running after a miracle through ball or into blind alleys. I'll give credit to Rennie for at least bringing on Miller to start the second half, as it did change the 'Caps attack and ultimately paid off having got two goals and the lead. That being said, a terrible lack of communication resulted in The Rapids tying goal and stealing a point. How do two defenders both let the ball bounce at the top of their 18 only for an attacking player to pick it up and bury is beyond me. Isn't that defending basics 101? Don't let the ball bounce! Go and meet it!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look at it this way. We got a point old Scott scored a goal. That's better then five games before that. I truly hope Boby and rest of the front office stop wasting time on old players.
Go and buy a good young player or two and things will turn around.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mattocks needs to be paired with a target man, plan and simple.... You cant use him as the lone forward and expect to create anything... Maybe you get away with Salgado on one wing and Richards on the other, but I'd much rather see them pair him with Hassli ER Miller and see if they can create something together...

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey dont know if this okay to ask one here, but was looking to buy two tickets to this weekends game. Anything under $60 if possible, I know lotsa people are not so happy lately with the boys. PM me if possible.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey dont know if this okay to ask one here, but was looking to buy two tickets to this weekends game. Anything under $60 if possible, I know lotsa people are not so happy lately with the boys. PM me if possible.

Looks like Saturdays game is almost a sell out. That's an impressive job done by the front office if you ask me.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope that the owners of the club stop wasting time (and money) on Boby and the rest of the front office.

Yeah thats what we should do....fire everyone start over! It seems to work at TFC and every other sports franchise that has tried that approach.
Though not happy with every move made(and who is ever?), the difference between this year and last is night and day. If you don't like the product don't go or watch, it's very simple.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
By setting themselves a goal to sell the game out and achieving it:rolleyes: anything else you need answered?

Now leave me alone I'm fishing.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
my guess is that, we added some depth to the back line, still had chumiento and hassli, salgado was healthy. Now we have traded 2 of those players, salgado is hurt and brought in 2 sup par scots, who aren't worth their weight in haggis and couldn't beat themselves in the shower. But this is just a guess. WHOS EXCITED FOR SAT!!! :wa:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to Saturday for sure. Sixfyv, foureleven, foursyx, and fourtwo will be there. Should be a great, loud, sold-out atmosphere. Let's just hope the product on the field isn't too smelly.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude get your line out of my fishing hole.

@sixfyv. A sellout you say that's good news, there must be good value in the ticket prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0