Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone remember when this team was likable a few months back?

Sure did. Chumiento and Hassli were still here and enjoyable to watch. Robson, Miller and O'Brian weren't and the Caps have stunk since they got here. Glad I didn't renew my season tix as I was about to and highly doubt I will with this group

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chumiento and Hassli = the team

fire this coach and whoever it was who decided on that old broken down scottman for 1.2 m

I just didn't get those moves, Chumiento wanted to stay but we clearly didn't want to match his contract demands. Are Robson and Miller better? no and I am sure they are being payed more then he was asking. Hassli Didnt fit into the Rennie mold of the high striker. He wants a fast guy who gets in behind and makes darting runs, he likes that in Mattocks and thought Miller would do that. I personally think Hassli is class and used correctly, very effective. Especially when Chumiento was pulling the strings behind him. Whatever EPL is back and watching the MLS well that is going on is next to impossible anyway. I just thought of something funny..Liverpool. Hi Regs

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chumiento was every bit as lazy and selfish as Camilo... just because the guys you have arent the right pieces doesnt mean the guys you shite-canned were... remember they have their own and Philly's top picks in the draft... pretty tough to turn those into over the hill Scots...

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
just because the guys you have arent the right pieces doesnt mean the guys you shite-canned were...

Hmmm, and the record with the guys that were shite-canned compared to the guys they brought in for them? Seems like the record speaks for itself that the guys they had were the right pieces compared to these guys now.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"You don't know what you got 'till it's gone."
"Hindsight is always 20/20."
"Martin Rennie can't manage his way out of a paper bag, even with directions."

...take your pick.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I get more mad every time I see those highlites :mad:

For the love of God, why wouldn't you attempt to build the team around Hassli and play to his strengths?

Vancouver fans are being ripped off.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I get more mad every time I see those highlites :mad:

For the love of God, why wouldn't you attempt to build the team around Hassli and play to his strengths?

Vancouver fans are being ripped off.

Gotta say, I am too. Can't say I disagree on moving Chui, though a big loss. I like the bite and scoring threat Robson provides better.

BUT...why you wouldn't do everything to retain Hassili is beyond me. He had more skill than Mattocks and Miller combined, and was a game breaker. Added to that, a fan favorite. Duh? Now you have two players w/ the same style that seem to not understand how to play striker. Not only does Mattocks seem clueless, he's ALWAYS looking for a through ball, never coming to the ball, and seems beligerant to his teammates wishes for him to come to. He is one dimensional and clueless. Miller...add in the fact he's invisible. At least Mattocks will be on the end of a few runs going nowhere.

Watching the Caps play now makes me want to stab myself in the eyes. One too many Scotts. You should never have more than one in a dressing room, anyhow. They are loud enough for 10, and will inevitably get you into card trouble.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the Dallas game on PVR after I knew the result and had read a few game reports so I was expecting a really poor preformance from start to finish and I got to say the game on it's own, minus the last 10 minutes wasn't that bad. We had zero going forward and unfortunately without Chumiento that is now the identity of the team but if you consider that a draw all but eliminated Dallas they almost got the result. If they held on for a road tie peoples opinions the next day would have been a lot different . But for me the biggest concern is the lack of heart this teams shows and in big rivalry games like against Toronto, Portland and Seattle when the other teams have been stepping up we look lost and uninterested. I thought letting Chumiento go this year when he stepped up his game and got into shape was a mistake and Hassli as frustrating as he was at times he was a fan favorite who he seemed popular with his teammates and when he got quality chance he usually finished them not to mention some of them were top quality.Unfortunately Hassli does not play well as a lone stricker with no support and Rennie thinks that is the way we should play. For me I find the Caps play with Mattocks on the park frustrating because they are constantly looking for the ball over the top and for the odd time it works and we get a chance out of it there is 20 times we just turn over the ball.

Having said that I did renew my tickets because not only do I like an intimate atmostphere they have created I get out of the house 19 times and the home games have been enjoyable.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Salgado will save the season.

Whitecaps will win 4 of the last 5. The world will be saved.

For some reason Winning on the road in the MLS is not easy... 3 teams over .500.

Relax.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, and the record with the guys that were shite-canned compared to the guys they brought in for them? Seems like the record speaks for itself that the guys they had were the right pieces compared to these guys now.

or the coaching is shite and the other teams are all catching up because of it...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB if he looses three game at home he will be back in NASL as a coach. I do't blame him I blame the guys running the club.
There should have been four to five youngsters from Reseves up by now. That development is not at Pro level. Coach must be able to drawup good player from reserves if his guys go and play for their counties.
We all know Miller can not do it here, the pace if way to high for a guy his age. We need two three guys in their late twenties as strikers to move this club forward.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
so Base, the reserve development isnt good enough, but the Whitecaps should be using more of those players in the first team?

logic to you seems to be as finishing was to Jarju...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0