Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Nations Cup

dashshervin

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
wooooow soooo dam close , as usual nobody picked us wo win...but this year finally we got all of iranian born players who usually play with other teams together plus javan and dre, so we were stacked....and if anybody watched the final they know that we deserved the game hands down... germanys goalie played amazing and was huge (Literally) on many breakaways. we also missed 2 open nets(one in the ot), so it wasent ment to be on that day and thats football.......all in all it was great tourney see you guys next year

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe someone should ask a certain Iranian player to keep his hands down ;)

Good to see two "new" teams to the open final as it proves that on any given sunday anything can happen.

Of course congrats should go to all winners and a big thank you to the tournament committee for an amazing event as the sun was out just enough for a burn but not enough for a roast of the skin

cheers , the rattler

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
another well run tournament on the part of the organizers. some flaky weather,suspect officiating, cinderalla teams and the usual debauchery in the beer gardens.

where were all the senior referees this weekend? some definite 'mls-type' officials out there! :rolleyes:

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on who took home the individual hardware? Please update, lean / Wally... thanks!

Mens Most Outstanding Player was Garth Lagasse of Germany.
Top goal scorer was Meysam Soltani of Iran.
Top defender was John Poli of Italy.
Women's Most Outstanding Player was Stephanie Tiebert of Ireland.

Thanks for attendinq, hope you all enjoyed the tournament... And as always, we consider your feedback and work to plan to plan next years event begins next week!

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bet beer sales were down by a large margin not having Walk around this year:rolleyes:

Beer sales were up, just not in the beer GARDEN!

Unfortunately this is becoming a bigger problem than in past years and potentially runs the risk of us losing the beer gardens altogether.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 360 days until the 34th Nations Cup Tournament held on July 19th - 21st:cool:

It was a good tournament with 4 new Semi Finalists this year. Congratulations to all of the winners and thank you to those that came out to enjoy the soccer. I think the cooler temperatures helped with the quality of soccer, especially on Sunday in the Semi Finals. The Canada - Iran game was a great game with loads of chances and action. The final, as well was played at a fantastic pace with the Germans winning on the Golden Goal in the second half of extra time.

We expanded the Men's side of the tournament by adding the Over 52's division, which appears to be a huge success with more teams eager to join. We struggled again this year to fill the two groups in the Women's side and are looking for suggestions to improve this next year. Overall we are pleased with the development of the tournament but are always interested in feedback and suggestions. Please email info@thenationscup.com with any and all comments and if you have any pictures from the weekend that we could put on our website.

Cheers, Lean

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's see what should I be posting on here....

I support Rangers - No Scottish Third Division Thread

I don't play in the VMSL Masters anymore

I coach my sons soccer team - No Youth Discussions

General discussion on soccer is flooded by Mr. Base, KNVB, Buckfast and Captain Shamrock - doesn't sound very entertaining and tends to make my eyes bleed

See you in 11 months when the 34th Annual Nations Cup Tournament gets going:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I start a new thread titled Where Beer is Too Expensive, would you participate more throughout the year?

:wa:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

General discussion on soccer is flooded by Mr. Base, KNVB, Buckfast and Captain Shamrock - doesn't sound very entertaining and tends to make my eyes bleed

You forgot Jinky and Fastshow as a list of most recent and active posters after myself and Buckfast.

I'll be posting about new choons if you need me

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Your eyes bleed? Go support a third division team........bastard. Everything we talked about the other night at O'Hare's. Forget it. I already have.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard there was an incident at this year's tourney that has resulted in a player being banned for the remainder of 2012 by BCSA. Any TTPers know what happened that lead to such a lengthy ban?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0