Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Nations Cup

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Most likely the semi final - Iran vs. Canada. Iranian went bananas on a couple of Canadians after the match.

Sep 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if, or who was suspended, but there was also a incident during and after the Fiji/Germany game, players went at the officials.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard there was an incident at this year's tourney that has resulted in a player being banned for the remainder of 2012 by BCSA. Any TTPers know what happened that lead to such a lengthy ban?

No the ban you are talking happened in the Knights league, a player slaps and then pushes the ref and BC Soccer give him 6 months ( Bullsh*t). BC Soccer clearly don't follow there own guild-lines any more but pressure the leagues to.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No the ban you are talking happened in the Knights league, a player slaps and then pushes the ref and BC Soccer give him 6 months ( Bullsh*t). BC Soccer clearly don't follow there own guild-lines any more but pressure the leagues to.

Thanks for clearing that up Whistle Blower!

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Whistleblower, were you there? I think the punishment was less severe because there WAS contact, however it was more a finger in the face than a slap, and no push. Perhaps double checking your facts before posting could have been helpful.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is "the player?" Please don't tell me it is the same player from Nations Cup/ Indo tournament because that would be 3 major incidents in 1 summer.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whistleblower, were you there? I think the punishment was less severe because there WAS contact, however it was more a finger in the face than a slap, and no push. Perhaps double checking your facts before posting could have been helpful.

Hey Boss I was not there. Just reporting what a lot of people who played and reffed the game said.

Is it true that the suspended player played in the Kamloops tournament . Please help me get my facts right

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

If anything it should be more because there WAS contact. This is ridiculous.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't disputing that it is wrong to make contact with an official, or the fact that they should ever be exposed to this kind of conduct. I was simply trying to state it wasn't a violent action, but there was contact and this warrants punishment. The length of suspension wasn't as severe as others in the past because there was probably a distinction made between something violent (like a shove to the throat of the Official which was a year suspension) and something that had minimal contact, but equally warranted a suspension of something in the ball park of what he received.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0