Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigunit11

Apr 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vantreights matched up well for most of the game< man for man we were the better side west van just had the bounces and lady luck on their side. They were luck to leave the island with the victory. Once they were up 6 nill they showed a lot of class by missing the net at least 10 times. We thought about playing dirty but we could not get close enough to anyone with the ball. Although vantreights kept al the possession it was not to be. BTW lots of throw ins in the West Van half as well as some corners and one shot. Good luck to West van, classy team.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vantreights matched up well for most of the game< man for man we were the better side west van just had the bounces and lady luck on their side. They were luck to leave the island with the victory. Once they were up 6 nill they showed a lot of class by missing the net at least 10 times. We thought about playing dirty but we could not get close enough to anyone with the ball. Although vantreights kept al the possession it was not to be. BTW lots of throw ins in the West Van half as well as some corners and one shot. Good luck to West van, classy team.

I watched the game,West Van demolished them,better all over the park,every player wants the ball,puts his foot on it,could have scored several more.Sir M has done a fantastic job.

They are the best team by far,I have seen over the last 2 years.I also believe the Castilians have been sandbagged being ranked #1.

It is too bad a team like Vantreights who came 5th in the Island League qualifies for the Provincials and Delta United who finished 5th in the Faser Valley does not.Don't make any sense to me.Delta would take them to the cleaners too.

Should be a cracker of a game if West Van and The Castilians meet in the Quarters,with The Castilians being the slight underdogs.

badsoccer

Apr 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Vantreights are one win and one lose to delat so they would not clean there clock.Both games have been in delta as well so you do not know what you are talking about.West Van will kill roma as Vantreights beat them last year.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Badsoccer I have to agree with you here!!

Actually Vantreights are one win and one lose to delat so they would not clean there clock.Both games have been in delta as well so you do not know what you are talking about.West Van will kill roma as Vantreights beat them last year.

Watchman is just trying to sandbag his POCO team against WV by playing the underdog role. You also bring up a good and proven point about VT being 1-1 with both games being in Delta.Let's just hope that WV shows the class they did today and doesn't run the score to double digits against Roma next week!

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Badsoccer I have to agree with you here!!

Watchman is just trying to sandbag his POCO team against WV by playing the underdog role. You also bring up a good and proven point about VT being 1-1 with both games being in Delta.Let's just hope that WV shows the class they did today and doesn't run the score to double digits against Roma next week!

Football is an opinion,and my opinion Delta is a far better team than Vantreights based on their performance today.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

badsoccer,did you play today ? :)

What does delat mean ?

Nice wide field,widest I've seen, probably suited the fitter WV lads

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchman that was Badsoccer's opinion!!

What does delat mean ?
;)

Watchman please tell me what your opinion is of Qualikum and also of WV?? No need to tell me what you think of White Rock as bored already posted that earlier!!

Originally Posted by bored
sometimes it's just too easy, like beating up on the st catherines wolves
or playing White Rock in a cup game.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 3 - Gorge FC 0

Gorge reminded me of Wickham and Richmond. They physically play hard and grind out opportunities. But if you limit them to starting with the ball in their end they have a hard time building up the play.
3-nil after 35 minutes and the 2nd half was a scrappy affair - almost just playing out time.
Ryan McNabb finishing the 1st of 2 PKs after Justin was chopped in the box.
McNabb with his 2nd off a rebound after Ted Ullrich's shot rang off the post from 18 out.
Geoff Johnston with the 3rd on another PK after Zico was tripped on a semi-breakaway.
Justin was his annoying self and preoccupied Gorge defenders and sideline all game.

Sapp was impressive offensively - very dangerous as usual - and just killed Gorge with speed up front. It could have been a lot worse for Gorge as Sapp blew a few easy counters. A few defensive breakdowns led to some good Gorge chances with the best a shot off the crossbar coming with 10 minutes to go.

The scary thing for Westside next week is Sapp played without Alex (resting for next week) or even McNabb after 30 minutes.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchman that was Badsoccer's opinion!!

;)

Watchman please tell me what your opinion is of Qualikum and also of WV?? No need to tell me what you think of White Rock as bored already posted that earlier!!

Conductor,I think I have already told you what i think of WV

Are you asking me about Qualikum or Qualicum ?

If its Qualicum,its where Fannie Bay Oysters are from – some of the best money can buy

you know that :wa::wa::wa:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, i think that even scarier than Alex playing for you guys next week against WS is the fact that Justwanttoplay is happily in the fold again!
He is the first one to post your score today! And going back about a month ago this what he had to say! Funny thing is this was also after a win for you guys!! Westside do the math, you guys are in trouble next week, never mind Alex not playing, think Mcnabb only played for 30min! LOL

p.s WAB glad to see that you and JWTP are back on speaking terms!! lol

Well now WAB.....fcuk you too. If you want to personally dismantle this team go ahead.
Why do continue to fill guys heads with bullshit? I my not be the easiest guy to play with at times and my have offended a guy or hundred off in my career, but with good intention. I hold our guys in high regard as people and players and expect a high level from them when we play as they expect it from me.. we maybe masters now, but the want to achieve with the team I play for will never change.

I am disappointed in you bobble head for what you have done.
Now that I will no longer be VP of Sapp and this year is done, all I can say, to all the Sapp guys I played with is Thanks for the memories.

I hear the valley isn't bad

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchman, funny thing is for once I agree with you!

Are you asking me about Qualikum or Qualicum ?

I actually thought the spelling of this talented team was your second version, but at the Provincial draw it was put on the paper as the first version. So never wanting to doubt BC soccer, I just figured all this years I have been spelling it wrong!!;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was surprised of our easy victory. I think the travel got to them and it was an obvious that they were flat. Zico was our lone front-runner after McNabb came out and he was flying past the 3 defenders marking him.

It's up to UVic to restore island pride. And they have a very tough WR team coming to town.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JWTP is as happy as a pig in shite right now. Sapp is firing on all cylinders - 3.5 GFA all season. Not bad, now with JWTP happy again the GAA will come down.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch to answer your question, WV had 13 guys today. Adloff played goal and got the shutout (Planks is surfing somewhere and #2 Pav not there with family issues), Mac and Burrzy in the middle (Notty suspended), Besty and Simon out wide. Two Carphs in the middle with Gibson in front of them and Mandla and Dickens wide (James, Fred Torres and Danny Muir away with family issues). Billy Shokar up front (Sipho away coaching). Gavin and Nico Berg on the bench.

Quality effort by the guys today, especially with so many guy's wives giving birth over the week. Nico was dominant, as were many others.

PS more importantly, I heard one WV club member pulled last night after having a bird in a head lock.

Uh oh...

PS Hopefully Big Unit11's forehead is OK. :(

Sir M

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Gorge went down that easy? I thought they were fairly fit and organized at the back......... would you say speed up front or ball possession killed them?

Not hearing form any of the Gorge boys yet...they may have had an off game.

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob It's up to UVic to restore island pride. And they have a very tough WR team coming to town.[/QUOTE said:
What's special about White RocK?? Tough as in good.....or tough? I'm getting excited!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, you are forgetting about Qualikum. Ok we all know they are gone after their vacation to the mainland next week. But there is also the winner of today between Vic West/Nanaimo United next week vs South Delta.

It's up to UVic to restore island pride. And they have a very tough WR team coming to town.

BTW glad to hear that JWTP is happy again in your camp! Feel sorry for Westside next week!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0