Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Gorge went down that easy? I thought they were fairly fit and organized at the back......... would you say speed up front or ball possession killed them?

Not hearing form any of the Gorge boys yet...they may have had an off game.

Not a lot of ball possession played. I thought Gorge did a better job of it than we did. We gave them the ball in our third way too often.
Speed down the wings and up front when Nasser went there played a big part.

You know how it is in Masters; off days are the norm and I really think that was the case with Gorge - especially when they went down 1-0 at the 10 min mark and 2-0 in the 25th. After that, the legs just didn't kick in for them.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Billy Shokar up front (Sipho away coaching). Gavin and Nico Berg on the bench.

Quality effort by the guys today, especially with so many guy's wives giving birth over the week.

Sir M

SirM,
I have 2 questions:

1. And when is Gavin expecting?
2. Who sat with Shokar on the ferry ride to and fro?

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS more importantly, I heard one WV club member pulled last night after having a bird in a head lock.

Great story!!

Good to hear result Sir M. Should hammer Roma at Carson Graham next week!! 3:00 pm kick off on Sunday?

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any news on the Vic West game ?

Everyone is looking at the Big Guns like WV,Columbus,Sapp and Ford,but watch for South Delta sneaking into the semi finals,they have a good draw.

I'll take Metro Ford over The Dragons,I predict The Castilians #1 fan will mark Kuschy out of the game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to knock Metro Ford and the run they have gone on but I would not categorize them as a "big gun".

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to knock Metro Ford and the run they have gone on but I would not categorize them as a "big gun".

Regs,I think it is more fate than anything else with Ford this year,inevitably predetermined,that is why I'm classing them as a big gun.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they have a big Vegas trip this weekend - it'll be interesting to see what sort of line-up they get out this weekend vs the Dragons...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To say MF is a top team is a far stretch. I think they'll crash and burn in a huge way next week.

SirM,
You should be frozen in fear. Alex has played at most 10 games this year for Sapp due to an injury midway through the season. When he plays he averages more than a goal a game. He scored 3 goals in the last 2 games he played coming back from injury and he only played 50 minutes in total. He is the best goal scorer in Masters - yes and I would put JTL in that mix as well - Valley soccer is like top Euros coming to the MLS and scoring tonnes. Come on man! Play with the big boys in Metro.
But you got BS so you have no worries.....btw, is it true he was warming up running the top deck going through the passage?:eek:
We all know you do not want to see us in the final. It'll be on grass.:p;):D

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats not a knock!!
leetch & elliot will be missing
MF will be no pushover & me thinks they will win against the valley team next week

good luck

sid

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch to answer your question, WV had 13 guys today. Adloff played goal and got the shutout (Planks is surfing somewhere and #2 Pav not there with family issues), Mac and Burrzy in the middle (Notty suspended), Besty and Simon out wide. Two Carphs in the middle with Gibson in front of them and Mandla and Dickens wide (James, Fred Torres and Danny Muir away with family issues). Billy Shokar up front (Sipho away coaching). Gavin and Nico Berg on the bench.

Quality effort by the guys today, especially with so many guy's wives giving birth over the week. Nico was dominant, as were many others.

PS more importantly, I heard one WV club member pulled last night after having a bird in a head lock.

Uh oh...

PS Hopefully Big Unit11's forehead is OK. :(

Sir M

A solid line up Sir M. Congrats on the big win. Will make every effort to be out this Sunday to catch the big tilt with the heavy hitters from the NCSL. Roma with the home field advantage will be tough to crack. Winning cup matches on the road is tough, especially in the BCs. Good luck.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch to answer your question, WV had 13 guys today. Adloff played goal and got the shutout (Planks is surfing somewhere and #2 Pav not there with family issues), Mac and Burrzy in the middle (Notty suspended), Besty and Simon out wide. Two Carphs in the middle with Gibson in front of them and Mandla and Dickens wide (James, Fred Torres and Danny Muir away with family issues). Billy Shokar up front (Sipho away coaching). Gavin and Nico Berg on the bench.

Quality effort by the guys today, especially with so many guy's wives giving birth over the week. Nico was dominant, as were many others.

Uh oh...

PS Hopefully Big Unit11's forehead is OK. :(

Sir M

Took the trip over to the Island with 'Coach of the Year' and Dickens. WV were a different level than Vantreights. Huge field played to WV's strengths, once they started to spread the ball out to the flanks. Great start to the BC's for WV, as always tough to play an opening game on the Island with 13 bodies. Looking forward to next weeks match v. Big Mario and the Roma boys. Made sure we wound Big Mar up with a phone call on the boat home.

The headlock was pretty funny, but even better is watching the Flying Horses PK Stopper work the room and not leave any stone unturned at The Wicket.

JAGS

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, I was 2 for 4 in the prelims. I will be better this round. ;)

U Vic Alumni 3, White Rock United 1.
White Rock's high skill level isn't enough to tackle the best on the Island.

Peace Arch Dragons 2, Metro-Ford 1.
The Dragons are healthier than they've been for awhile and their top end talent will be too much for Alphabet and co.

Columbus 3, PCOV 0.
This is the time of year Columbus shines the most and make short work of the Chops.

Sapperton 2, Westside 1.
In the MOTW, Sapperton battle hard and find a way to sqeak this baby out.

Poco Castilians 6, Qualickquem 0.
Despite some of the best sand-bagging seen on these threads, JTL & co. destroy the mid-Island upstarts.

West Van 4, Roma 0.
Roma keeps this score closer than it should be, setting up a must-see quarter final.

NAFC 2, Nordic 1.
In a scrappy battle, NAFC become the last NSCL team to remain alive.

South Delta 3, Vic West 1.
As reported, South Delta are very tough at home and will pound the Islanders.

alphabet

Nov 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, I was 2 for 4 in the prelims. I will be better this round. ;)

U Vic Alumni 3, White Rock United 1.
White Rock's high skill level isn't enough to tackle the best on the Island.

Peace Arch Dragons 2, Metro-Ford 1.
The Dragons are healthier than they've been for awhile and their top end talent will be too much for Alphabet and co.

Columbus 3, PCOV 0.
This is the time of year Columbus shines the most and make short work of the Chops.

Sapperton 2, Westside 1.
In the MOTW, Sapperton battle hard and find a way to sqeak this baby out.

Despite some of the best sand-bagging seen on these threads, JTL & co. destroy the mid-Island upstarts.

West Van 4, Roma 0.
Roma keeps this score closer than it should be, setting up a must-see quarter final.

NAFC 2, Nordic 1.
In a scrappy battle, NAFC become the last NSCL team to remain alive.

South Delta 3, Vic West 1.
As reported, South Delta are very tough at home and will pound the Islanders.

We will be lucky to keep the Dragons to only 2. We are going to be very very thin as Regs pointed out earlier and lots of injuries to deal with right now. Don't like hearing the Dragons are healthier than they have been in a while....will try not to be BOOTW and keep it respectable.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
U Vic Alumni 2, White Rock United 1.
"Travel legs" the difference

Peace Arch Dragons 3, Metro-Ford 1.
PAD will slot their chances

Columbus 1, PCOV 2 PKs.
Too close to call

Sapperton 2, Westside 1.
In the MOTW, Sapperton battle hard and find a way to sqeak this baby out. Agreed

Despite some of the best sand-bagging seen on these threads, JTL & co. destroy the mid-Island upstarts. Agreed

West Van 3, Roma 0.
Missed chances keeps it close

NAFC 3, Nordic 0.
Gut feeling

South Delta 4, Vic West 0.
Island the weaker sibling this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens