Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Faack me! The way I see it MF are already down .5.......... and inter are already down 1, blah blah blah! Stop your bitchin! Always a moan and excuse. Who's going to get screwed by the Island official????? Guess what clowns the island boys feel the same way.....getting screwed by the mainland! Get a tissue and suck it up! Why is it when you lose on the island it is ALWAYS the officials fault? It is never that way when an island team lose on the mainland.....u just won because u r better...right? Shut up!

The refs are GENERALLY from the Island, right? I've seen TWO absolutely DIABOLICAL calls in the last two Provincial Cup games on the Island and guess what, they didn't favour the visiting team. :D

Mar 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain.........I have seen just as many DIABOLICAL calls in Vancouver that didn't go the visitors way "Island team". Poor reffing is part of the game. Stop making excuses and always pointing the finger at the ISLAND! Get over it! Do you really think the island never gets screwed by your officials???? If you don't think so then............... well, my point exactly! Get over it!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cside

posted by: Cside
The Semi`s are on the Island

I threw the 2 mainland team scenario at Azzi today. He didn`t think the game(s) would be moved to the mainland. I mentioned the Island setting precedent 2 years ago. He said he would ask the Powers, but didn`t think it would fly.

So would BCSA have the balls to disqualify 2 teams, if they refused to travel

I was asking, more out of interest for U21, but the rules should be the same for all competitions!

I stand corrected, the Island is hosting the Semi's. That said, Azzi is dead wrong AGAIN!

BC Soccer may not like it, but must support it if 2 mainland teams decide to play their semi final match in the lower mainland. I was told at the time that if they allowed 2 Island teams to do it the precident has been set and moving forward with the same logic would apply if a similar sinario occurred in the future.
However, the Cup Final may be a different story?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cside posted an update on this issue last night in a U21 thread - BCSA policy now is (apparently) that if 2 teams are from the same geographical area, they can (will) play the semi in their region.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Faack me! The way I see it MF are already down .5.......... and inter are already down 1, blah blah blah! Stop your bitchin! Always a moan and excuse. Who's going to get screwed by the Island official????? Guess what clowns the island boys feel the same way.....getting screwed by the mainland! Get a tissue and suck it up! Why is it when you lose on the island it is ALWAYS the officials fault? It is never that way when an island team lose on the mainland.....u just won because u r better...right? Shut up!

Last year was especially frustrating when I heard comments from Gorge players like, "Hey Hoody, that was a blast the other night"..."C'mon Hoody, that's our ball"...."Hey Hoody, pass me the gatorade"...."Finish your cider Hoody, our ride is leaving." It was a well played game but "our friend" Hoody made a diabolical call that cost us the game, a call that for some reason the Gorge supporters felt the need to apologize to our team. Anyway, I digress.

BTW, I don't disagree with it working the other way when island teams visit the mainland. With that in mind, here is another scoring update for you:

Poco City currently up 2.5-0 on GH

:cool:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year was especially frustrating when I heard comments from Gorge players like, "Hey Hoody, that was a blast the other night"..."C'mon Hoody, that's our ball"...."Hey Hoody, pass me the gatorade"...."Finish your cider Hoody, our ride is leaving." It was a well played game but "our friend" Hoody made a diabolical call that cost us the game, a call that for some reason the Gorge supporters felt the need to apologize to our team. Anyway, I digress.

BTW, I don't disagree with it working the other way when island teams visit the mainland. With that in mind, here is another scoring update for you:

Poco City currently up 2.5-0 on GH

And this justified choking him out??

Kaaa

Apr 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco and Reedie.....Are you serious!?! Here we go! I love this thread every year.

Of course we know Hoody! Just like you guys are on a first name basis with guys that do your games every week. Plus takingthepiss is fun on the pitch. We knew you were listening......wow.
AND...no one from the Gorge team appologized for the PK call. Forget the fans. 100% PK. Have a word with your goaler! He was terrible.....

Couldn't resist...good luck against GH!

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
And this justified choking him out??

Nowhere in my post did I say anything about justifying the alleged physical abuse of the official. What happened that day was a shame in many regards. But we cannot change the past...let's look ahead to the future...

When is Angelo going to take away the training wheels and get you involved in the vmsl premier division and the Provincial Cup? I have heard nothing but outstanding reports about your performances and there are several mainland teams that could be hosting island teams in the coming weeks (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

Seriously, my opinion is that every Prov Cup game should have a neutral referee. With 3 leagues (not including the PCSL) involved, that is always possible. This removes any questions of bias and the host of the event, BCSA, has the budget to accomodate. Something tells me common sense will never prevail.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I think that if at least three this side of the water teams make the semis, the games should be played this side of the water. SSAP is a wonderful grass facility, and would be a perfect place: close to the ferry, great hosts, and they always do a great job, look at what a great day it was for all of those FVSL cups last weekend.

My thoughts.

Sir M

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When is Angelo going to take away the training wheels and get you involved in the vmsl premier division and the Provincial Cup? I have heard nothing but outstanding reports about your performances and there are several mainland teams that could be hosting island teams in the coming weeks (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

When enough people ask for it.......that or when pigs fly! :rolleyes:

:bronco:

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
it has happened before......a few years back we visiting victoria and at hampton we were quite surprised to see one of Van's best doing a friday nite [maybe it sat] game between gorge and vantreights. And it was a cup game....so no hoodie big advantage for the flowers who still lost in PK's

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Breaking news: ICSF Inter and star goalie Erman Ozkan have parted ways and effective July 1st the Turkish Delight will be a free agent...

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TA, should have know. Heard your keeping was suspect this year. I saw The Broker at the Inter game and I guess I know now what he was doing there. Would be a huge pick-up if you could get him. good luck in provincials this year.

p.s. Does that mean I'm out for Italian league this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0