Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best time of year...interesting draw:

-Bays United undefeated on the island with only 12 GA. Could be an unknown and possible favorite.
-Bays and Gorge don't have to leave the island till the finals.
-Potential ICST/Canes match in round two. Could be an eventful Friday night at Newton.
-Poco, Gorge, UBC if they progress wouldnt face a VMSL team till the semis.
-I've heard people say the bottom half is tougher, i may disagree - the top half of the draw has #1 island team and 3 of the top 5 VMSL teams.
-If Surrey Utd makes the semis, they'll convince BC Soccer to shift the games to Cloverdale.

The only other question remaining is which mainland team will get screwed by island officiating?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe Cloverdale may already be hosting the Semi Finals? VMSL hosting Semi's and FVSL (Aldergrove) is hosting the Final.

Gorge and Bays will travel for both Semi's and Final if they make it unless they draw each other. BC Soccer set a precident for the Semi Finals 2 years ago allowing 2 Island teams to stay there.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You've got to think Poco v Gordonhead will be the MOTW for the pre-lims. When will game-times/fields be released?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Cnut said the same thing as you Sandman.

Communication problem over there at PAU camp I guess.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Semi`s are on the Island

I threw the 2 mainland team scenario at Azzi today. He didn`t think the game(s) would be moved to the mainland. I mentioned the Island setting precedent 2 years ago. He said he would ask the Powers, but didn`t think it would fly.

So would BCSA have the balls to disqualify 2 teams, if they refused to travel

I was asking, more out of interest for U21, but the rules should be the same for all competitions!

Kaaa

Apr 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting for sure! My prediction is that an island team will not be in the final this year!

I'm jumping straight to the semi's! In the top half Bays v CMFW with Wolves coming out on top. This could be a very good game!
Bottom half UBC v SUFF with SUFF landing a spot in the final.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes interesting for sure, as always.

Taking a closer look today, I think the draw is quite balanced. Yes, some teams have a perceived easier draw but the so-called heavy hitters are very evenly spread out, in my opinion.

We will have an extremely tough task ahead of us, going on the road to the island (again) to face a team that did not lose a single league game all season. Combine this with the fact that Hoody has been reactivated on the island officials list and basically were are already currently trailing our game 1-0.

Metro Ford and Inter also have to start on the road at the island this weekend. The way I see it Mford is currently trailing .5-0 and Inter is down 1-0 like us.

Poco, the darlings of the bracket, appear to have a path to the semi finals and wouldn't it be cracking if Geizen and Milad were to meet up with their old friends at West Van? I would drive out to Aldgergrove to see that game and, if it happens, I would predict right now that there will be 3 red cards.

I have a funny feeling we may see West Van emerge from the bottom half. No one is talking about this team at the moment and they have a lot of experience with important games and a nicely pickled coach. That's always a scary combination. Yes, Surrey is the odds on favourite from the bottom half but they have perhaps the toughest draw of any team and it is extremely tough to do the treble. One would be silly to bet against it though.

Delta and Peace Arch should be an entertaining match. I envision a lot of goals and high drama in overtime and penalty kicks. With their home field advantage and recent history in Prov Cup, the crystal ball is saying PAU wins 4-3 after PKs.

Hurricanes are getting relegated but it is not beyond the realm of possibility that they could cause some damage in this cup. If they have all of their players at their disposal, they can beat any team in this draw on a given day. This begs the question has any team been relegated and won the prov cup in the same year? I know of a team that won nationals and was relegated in the same year.

Lastly, let's all just hope that if there are 2 mainland teams in the semi's the game can be played on the mainland and not on the island. I would say the exact same thing for the island teams if the situation were reversed.

Good luck to all.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are semi's in A-Cup different from the Women's/Master's/B-Cup? Every other semi is hosted by the VMSL last I saw, why would they make the A-Cup different?

Don Taylor

Mar 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
All Semi's are on the Island....................

stupid stupid... not you cside .. the rules... all teams should be seeded with only the final being at a neutral site....

Move the Cup final Around BC every year..... Surely many cities would support it...

FFS .. make a weekend of it over 2 days

A cup
B cup
C cup (womens)

prince george
vernon
kelowna
whistler
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE
nanaimo
port alberni

just to name a few

Surely a minor economic boost would be welcome by many of them

thoughts?
Issues?
conflicts?

Mar 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Faack me! The way I see it MF are already down .5.......... and inter are already down 1, blah blah blah! Stop your bitchin! Always a moan and excuse. Who's going to get screwed by the Island official????? Guess what clowns the island boys feel the same way.....getting screwed by the mainland! Get a tissue and suck it up! Why is it when you lose on the island it is ALWAYS the officials fault? It is never that way when an island team lose on the mainland.....u just won because u r better...right? Shut up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0