Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2009 Division 2/3 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a great exhibition of soccer from the NK squad, but enough to keep Sikh Temple off the scoresheet; however, they gave us two really good scares (a diving save by our keeper, and a goal line stop by our defender!). They were really good at moving the ball up the field but for the most part had trouble generating those forays into quality chances. NK was forced to play one of their keepers up front as a striker, as well as plugging holes left by other absentees. I understand Sikh Temple were also missing a couple of key players that could have made the difference for them too. In the shoot-out, Sikh Temple scores on their first shot, but then misses the rest, while NK pots all of theirs to win the match 1-0. Glad to squeak out of that game and now looking forward to the final when some NK players come back from either suspension, injury or Vegas. :D

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The better team lost today in the Nk vs Temple game. It was the second Temple game I caught all year and Temple absolutely dominated. The possesion in the first half probably 70/30 however they really didnt create any quality chances, with that being said, NK did not create a single quality chance the whole game. 2nd half possesion was closer but I would still give the edge to Temple. 2nd half Temple had 1 cleared off the line and another cracker off the post and the rebound header in which NK's keeper made an excellent save. Temple also controlled the extra time. In my opinon NK is overhyped and I believe that 9 times out of 10 Temple would probably come out on top. Nk's only chances came from 25 yards out in which every shot ended up over the net. I know Temple was missing two key veteran players who were out due to cards from last game and having played with those two players in the past I know they would have made a big difference. When it's all set and done NK are moving on to the finals and good luck to them, but I believe Temple will clinch the last Provinical birth next week and hopefully get their revenge.

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One way traffic for 90+ minutes for Sikh Temple.
Absolutely no question who the better team was.
Bad luck as the game had to be decided by a shootout.
Nonetheless NK good bunch of guys.
No room for McDirty's illusions of grandeur anymore.
Unless he's smoking the good stuff......

brummie

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't say that that was all we created as we were the dominate team throughout the whole game and can't remember you even having a scoring chance. But that's the way it goes, you scored when it mattered. You have a good group of guys but your not the great train that you been talking of the whole year and # 4 was made to look very ordinary. Good luck to you in the finals and keep a close on the opponents id cards.

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ps...Shamrock....need to borrow your tweed suit....if that's ok with your mrs."

...make sure it's the one with the elbow pads......:D

sparky_

Oct 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had our weakest line up of the year and our main objective was to keep temple off the scoresheet...our team can play through adversity and last night showed that. If you can make provincials we'll beat you by 4

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparky:

You have a weak line up period. Your lot did not have a shot on net. It was just one of those bad luck games that all teams have from time to time for us. Save the bullshit for your own locker room. You had it handed to you last night by a far superior team.

sparky_

Oct 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
we had a defenceman and a goalie playing striker...you may think you have a far superior team but at the end of the night you got f**k all to show for it. We defeated you and UBC with a deflated lineup.... so keep talking your team up buddy

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had our weakest line up of the year and our main objective was to keep temple off the scoresheet...our team can play through adversity and last night showed that. If you can make provincials we'll beat you by 4

I would love to watch a rematch between these two teams, but I cannot see NK winning by 4, if at all. To win games you need to score goals and while both teams failed to do that last night, it clearly looked like NK was incapable of this feat.

Looking forward to next year I believe both teams are going to have to pick up, but NK more than Temple (NK with the same team will be right back down just like last time). When you go against teams at a higher level and they control the game like Temple did most of the night they have that extra notch to punish you. The lack of creativity and defensive tactics shown by NK will be exploited.

Slyrad

Nov 20, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple deserved to win the game, however it didn't turn out that way. They are a fantastic team, and the NK boys did everything they could to keep Temple off the scoresheet. I think the fact that we were able to do so missing so many offensively minded players has merit, our defensive core proved to be a match for Temple's tremendous attacking capabilities for the most part, however I am in accordance with anyone who says that Temple deserved to win, because they controlled the entire game from start to finish.

Good luck to temple in the future, I hope we can play them again sometime soon as it was an exciting game, despite the fairly lop sided direction of play.

Hawkvalley

Mar 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
A win is a win. It realy does not matter how. It will be fun to watch the play down for promo to div one. Temple will have its chance again.
Rad Sly nice report. Was your tall pell in goal for Temple men. Nerves must be dam bad on Watcher. Every time I see him he puts on five more lbs.

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple deserved to win the game, however it didn't turn out that way. They are a fantastic team, and the NK boys did everything they could to keep Temple off the scoresheet. I think the fact that we were able to do so missing so many offensively minded players has merit, our defensive core proved to be a match for Temple's tremendous attacking capabilities for the most part, however I am in accordance with anyone who says that Temple deserved to win, because they controlled the entire game from start to finish.
Sparky.........you're an idiot!

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played striker for god sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You guys are ****in hilarious we were missing 5 starters who are all offensive minded guys,I hope Temple wins the "LOSER" game as I would love to smack them with our real line-up!No question Temple was the better side but the score at the end of the game didnt say that!We bent but didnt break and played a perfect game with what and who we had!Temple is very good but also very dirty, but where a class act at the end of the game!

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have NK qualified for provincials in Prince George? Should be interesting to see how they fair against the powerhouse teams coming out of the Richmond League.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler are you on crack?I cant wait to get our strikers and starting midfield back from injury so we can lay the smack down on everybody at provincials!

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mcshitty:

Are your offensive minded players on international duty with their respective National sides? If so, you will definitely be a better squad when they return and the next time you play a team like Temple, you won't have to play all 11 in your box for the whole game.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on boys, get serious. These so called "provincials" are just a bush league weekend piss-up for most teams. You know, something like what they had out in Mission this past weekend.:D

The game's over, let it go....

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have NK qualified for provincials in Prince George? Should be interesting to see how they fair against the powerhouse teams coming out of the Richmond League.

Or FVSL, ACBC :cool:, definatly a powerhouse going into provincials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0