Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 BC Provincial Cup Draws Webcast

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Megs

You're not seriously surprised about how this turned out? This is par for the course with the MWSL. Surrey and Coquitlam get to hammer it out this weekend (again), and to what point? A trophy? Top seed gets a bye, but they still end up on the same side of the draw, with Peg thrown in for good measure.

Can't help but notice that the traditional "Big 3" are all lumped together. That seems odd - if not strangely suspicious. The draw should have been set to deliver a semi-final of Island 1 vs Mainland 2 and Mainland 1 vs Island 2 - barring any upsets along the way. This has always been the case. Why the change now???

As for playing all your games, I argued this in the past, but it fell on deaf ears. League games have to take priority, not only from a standpoint of ensuring fair standings, but also for the very simple fact that each team paid the same amount of money and therefore should get the same games.

The MWSL continues to short change its Premier clubs. The PCSL looks better and better with every MWSL debacle.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two key figures missing from the draw tonight.... the skank and Coach... Not to be mistaken for one another cause only one of them wears capris.... the other wears a bra.

Coach Where were you tonight? Another Canuck game? I guess we will wait to here your thoughts on your wednesday rant. Would have been nice to here your thoughts on the draw. From reading your previous posts though, I guess you got your wish! Coach. Should be a good one from what I hear.

Good luck to all... now the real season begins.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shamrock im dissiponted in you . for that macdonalds arch will lose. do you guys get free burgers after the game . must be nice

I said MIGHT, Meat Grinder. It really depends how many Rangers supporters play on each of the teams. I only know of Guinness on PAU.........how about your squad? :D ;)

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the tail end of the show...great job by all involved...looking forward to hearing the Captain in the archive!

The Open draw is outrageous...I haven't read through all the posts yet so this might be repetitive but...having 6 VMSL teams, including the best team in Premier (Indo), in the Prelim round? That's criminal. Gotta be a better way of ranking this draw. Once again, one can only blame Ruben for this mess.

Looking forward to taking in a couple matches in the near future...Imperial Cup Final this weekend, hoping to see Ferris in his 3 pc. suit and turf shoes...and WVAN vs Coach et al in the Masters game...should be a cracker, and a decent game.

Cheers and best of luck to all.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No turf shoes, Reedie. This is serious stuff now and I'm almost 40. :D

Can't help but notice that the traditional "Big 3" are all lumped together. That seems odd - if not strangely suspicious. The draw should have been set to deliver a semi-final of Island 1 vs Mainland 2 and Mainland 1 vs Island 2 - barring any upsets along the way. This has always been the case. Why the change now???

Makes sense, Fat Bastard, but I did watch them draw this order out. I don't know why they would do it this way as what you said would make more sense, especially since only 12 teams are eligible to compete in the tournament, which is another story for another time.......

Good luck to everyone in the first round of all the competitions.......except Surrey United. ;)

Settle Down

Jun 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah - I'm sure a bunch of people foresaw what was going to happen in this draw. :rolleyes:
Yeah, if I had the capabilities of foreseeing how the MWSL and the Women's Provincial draw would turn out every year, I would be buying a lot more lottery tickets ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No turf shoes, Reedie. This is serious stuff now and I'm almost 40. :D

Yep, was thinking the same thing. Flip flops it is then.

byw, when + where is the big 40th bash???:cool:

Actually I'm going to bring out the 'dinger' boots.........they were on my feet for most of our nights at the Side Door.......:wa: It was so loud in there but it always allowed the go to line

"Excuse me do you want to dance?"

"No"

"Why are you saying no? I said you look fat in those pants"

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This whole setup is mind-boggling (open mens).

It would have made more sense to me if the 8 teams to play in the prelims were say the last team to qualify in their respective leauges for the cup.

Example:

Since Cup runs are given more importance, these teams would all be safe from the prelims. League Winners would also be safe.

I would place the bottom 2 of the league qualifiers from the FVSL, the same for VISL, and the bottom 4 from VMSL into the prelim hat.

This makes "late" qualifiers have to earn getting into the actual tourney and rewards the teams that were more consistent over the season.

Just an (after) thought.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
After looking at both the Open Men's and Open Women's draws, I was wondering if GHouse had given his "ACBC tournament draw format" to the powers that be for the Provincial draw. It looks alot like the Open Western Canada draw!:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The archive is now up, launch it from the home page.

Indo FC is a dark horse :D

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So much Hype FOR WHAT! a fecked up BC soccer system masterminded by mussolini himself WILL AZZI.....I hope Indo wins it all or Croatia .........after being away from BC soccer you guys are really backwards out there. Nice system hAahahahahaha fecking muppets

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh another thing ACBC tournament the canada open cup come on really next we will have Canada Super cup if you can't win your province via provincial cup(no matter how fecked up it is ) you get no bragging rights

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
of course we have power. we need lights for our trophy cabinet that holds The "CANADIAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY"

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

LOL your such a muppet regs Sooke launch! There is a better soccer community here and the forum they use here sucks but if u wanna be a dick about it fair enough!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0