Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 BC Provincial Cup Draws Webcast

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the Women's Open Draw:

LI#2 vs winner of LI#3 v MW#4
LI#1 vs winer of MW#6 v MW#5
MW#1 vs winner of MW#7 v LI#5
MW#2(Pegasus) vs winner of MW#3 v LI#4

Does that make sense?

No because as I stated earlier the Pegasus seeding doesn't really make sense. :rolleyes:

But can CS confirm the top side and bottom side of the draws? I can't imagine that the winners of the first two games listed would play in the semis. How stupid would it be to have the top two island teams on one side and the top two MSWL teams on the other. There must be some cross-over.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They did the draw but to be honest, couldn't make heads or tails of it :rolleyes:

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some comments assuming my brackets are right:

-If Sooke wins their first game - they get a home draw against either MF/Croatia/Firemen.

-Gorge don't have to leave the island till the Final (Semi Finals are on the Island).

-6 VMSL teams in the bottom half of the draw.

Well done to the TTP crew,
Sandman

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No because as I stated earlier the Pegasus seeding doesn't really make sense. :rolleyes:

But can CS confirm the top side and bottom side of the draws? I can't imagine that the winners of the first two games listed would play in the semis. How stupid would it be to have the top two island teams on one side and the top two MSWL teams on the other. There must be some cross-over.

Megs, It was a bollocks that there were no team names EXCEPT Pegasus so that is what was so confusing.......:mad:

1st Round

Top half of the draw....

Island #3 vs MWSL #4 - winner to play AT Island #2

MWSL #6 vs. MWSL #5 - winner to play AT Island #1

Bottom half of the draw

MWSL #7 vs. Island #5 - winner to play AT MWSL #1

MWSL #3 vs. Island #4 - winner to play AT MWSL #2

home team is listed first.....SO the MWSL #1 - 3 teams are on the same side as the bracket.....they drew the seeds at the start and that is what fcuked up my understanding of the process. :D The men's draws were VERY simple. Even I understood them. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some comments assuming my brackets are right:

-If Sooke wins their first game - they get a home draw against either MF/Croatia/Firemen.

-Gorge don't have to leave the island till the Final (Semi Finals are on the Island).

-6 VMSL teams in the bottom half of the draw.

Well done to the TTP crew,
Sandman

Yes, Sandman, that is correct regarding Sooke........they are at home to either of those 3 teams. Yes, there are also 6 VMSL teams in the bottom half......Good thing we're not one of them. :D :confused:

Nice deal for Gorge......Hopefully we'll be there.......:eek: :eek: but they will have to get by Inter for that to happen.....crazy draw overall to say the least

edgar d.

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions:

1st Round

Top half of the draw....

Lets get it on!!

:)

Settle Down

Jun 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Megs, It was a bollocks that there were no team names EXCEPT Pegasus so that is what was so confusing.......:mad:

1st Round

Top half of the draw....

Bottom half of the draw

home team is listed first.....SO the MWSL #1 - 3 teams are on the same side as the bracket.....they drew the seeds at the start and that is what fcuked up my understanding of the process. :D The men's draws were VERY simple. Even I understood them. :D
The crazy thing about this draw is that coming in 5th or 6th in the league gets you a better draw - WTF?! I heard a rumour that Renegades may be no longer (don't quote me or ask me the source because I can't remember) but if that's true it may explain the seeding for Pegasus. Now, how do they determine the rest when # 3-5 are within a few points of each other, but haven't played the same number of games and Cormack has announced they will no longer schedule make up games unless teams agree. Teams have only played - 11, 12, 13 games - the men play how many - 19? Why is this so friggin' hard for our league to figure out every year!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The crazy thing about this draw is that coming in 5th or 6th in the league gets you a better draw - WTF?! I heard a rumour that Renegades may be no longer (don't quote me or ask me the source because I can't remember) but if that's true it may explain the seeding for Pegasus. Now, how do they determine the rest when # 3-5 are within a few points of each other, but haven't played the same number of games and Cormack has announced they will no longer schedule make up games unless teams agree. Teams have only played - 11, 12, 13 games - the men play how many - 19? Why is this so friggin' hard for our league to figure out every year!

Actually it would be best to finish in fourth - that way you only play Island teams the whole way to the final. And guess what?!? If we hadn't made the League Cup Final, SU would be the 4th seed. How fcuked up is this draw? :mad:

Also, Settle Down, your point about #3-5 being within a few points of each other is true, but Pegasus could have been caught by any of those teams since both Westside and SU had 5 games left in the season. So why does Pegasus get the bye in the first round? Because as of the time that the league became too lazy to reschedule anymore games, they had the most points in the standings.

Can we forfeit our last victory against Westside in the Cup semis so that we can be on the upper half of the draw? :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is why the womens' provincials is a bit of a 'joke' at times......There doesn't seem to be any criteria for which teams make it. May I suggest that the league worries about finishing ALL league games before even thinking of playing the 'League Cup'? This way the top 7 teams make it from the league. The League Cup winner shouldn't get anything except the hardward for winning it. If league games determine provincial positions, then it's a no brainer that all league games must finish and not have teams with 4 and 5 games left wondering.......what if we did this and what if they did that? :confused:

That is why the draw was a nightmare tonight because no one knew who was who. :(

Settle Down

Jun 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually it would be best to finish in fourth - that way you only play Island teams the whole way to the final. And guess what?!? If we hadn't made the League Cup Final, SU would be the 4th seed. How fcuked up is this draw? :mad:

Also, Settle Down, your point about #3-5 being within a few points of each other is true, but Pegasus could have been caught by any of those teams since both Westside and SU had 5 games left in the season. So why does Pegasus get the bye in the first round? Because as of the time that the league became too lazy to reschedule anymore games, they had the most points in the standings.

Can we forfeit our last victory against Westside in the Cup semis so that we can be on the upper half of the draw? :(
Yes the draw is royally fcuked up, even more so since the league won't schedule make up games until December, maybe if we played a few in the fall we would finish things out.

As for the forfeit, didn't you know it was all part of Westside's Master Plan not to make it to the final of league cup? Don't think we would object to the Island draw :)

Good luck to all in the Provincials.

MEAT GRINDER

Apr 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok im half drunk on lucky just had practise.great job to all involved. peacearch im #10 on celtic and im going to ruin your year .you will lose 2-1 celtic.

great draw

MEAT GRINDER

Apr 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
shamrock im dissiponted in you . for that macdonalds arch will lose. do you guys get free burgers after the game . must be nice

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0