Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Fraser Valley Summer Soccer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfer

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to let all the winers out there know that Arsenal earned our spot in the semis.We played and lost to the Muckers3-1.We accepted this loss and hoisted a few cold ones,happy with the season.No member of Arsenal contacted the league to question the result of this game.The league should be the focus of all your piss taking and regardless of the laegues decission,muckers knew they had roster problems before the playoffs started.Mission and Storm have a right to bitch,the leaguescrewed up.All Arsenal have done is played the games we were told to.Bring your kit on Tuesday.mabey the league will change their mind.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
surfer said:
muckers knew they had roster problems before the playoffs started..

Yes, and the league knew as well. Why didn't they tell us before the first playoff game. Why wait until it is the same 2 Langley teams in the final...............AGAIN,(3 years in a row) before they decided to pull this crap???? They had all our team sheets from every game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
surfer said:
Just to let all the winers out there know that Arsenal earned our spot in the semis.We played and lost to the Muckers3-1.We accepted this loss and hoisted a few cold ones,happy with the season.No member of Arsenal contacted the league to question the result of this game.The league should be the focus of all your piss taking and regardless of the laegues decission,muckers knew they had roster problems before the playoffs started.Mission and Storm have a right to bitch,the leaguescrewed up.All Arsenal have done is played the games we were told to.Bring your kit on Tuesday.mabey the league will change their mind.

One can only hope so.......Your team is shocking. :)

Bend over......

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now I really want the LL to pump you clowns! What will be your game plan? Let me guess... You'll have your shite keeper hump the ball up the park and hope that shirtles putz with the wrist band seagulls a couple of goals? Perhaps the league will EARN you another win.

Putz. Gon on, earn another win by checking LL's list.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, and wow.

Been gone all weekend, and just took the time to catch up. All I can say is I can's agree more w/ all of the Muckers whom have posted opinions, and honestly, they are all correct on the matter, if one considers "Sportsmanship" as being the shinning beacon we can all look to in conflicts like this.

Do what is right.

A lot of you guys know that summer soccer isn't my cup of tea. I can't stand it, in fact. Hate playing in the heat, and frankly, have better things to do in the summer. For me, personally, that's why I have September through (hopefully) May blocked off on the calendar: soccer.

I started playing w/ the LL because they needed players one evening, and besides, it gave me a chance to hang with friends after and enjoy an evening of bar-b-q, pints, and banter. The only thing better would be to play the Muckers, because I have a lot of friends on that team too. I was very much looking forward to this final, honestly, more for the evening after.

Now, well, I just don't care to bother. The only reason I will is because the guys will probably need the numbers, and because Gary asked.

We should play this final between the two real, deserved finalists. Surfer...weak. Do the right thing: refuse to play.

As I said, I've been out of town, but will call Utah tomorrow, and see if we can't bring some reason to the situation.

Hopeful but not overly optimistic,

~Dude.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To: FVSSL and members

Just thought i'd respond. For this league to have any credibility, it needs to have rules that are followed. Teams cannot just pick the rules that they adhere to as they see fit. Making a minimum amount of games played to be eligible for the playoffs is a fair and just rule, without it teams can and will use players just for important games (ie. playoffs). And having dealt with the league executive for 10+ years, compassionate excemptions would be made for real circumstances (ie.injury).

While the Muckers may not have used ineligible players for an advantage, it is still breaking a rule, and doing so needs to have consequences. The honor system does not apply. This will hopefully show other teams in the future that it is and will not be accepted.

As to the complaint the Muckers could have filled a full roster sheet fraudulently for every game, I do believe when the ref looked at the team with 6, 8 or 9 players on the field and saw a roster with 20+ players, as the Muckers claim to have, some alarm bells would go off. As they would for the opposing team's coach. Very simple math would have caught that. Did the league check every single player at every single game? No. It seems that the Muckers have shown, you don't have too.

As for the classless insults to the Arsenal, I will point out that this disqualification did not come from a complaint from the club. This came from the league, whom even though the Muckers claim couldn't keep track of clubs breaking the rules, they seem to have caught the Muckers just fine. As the letter seems to lack any denial of breaking the rules, it would seem they did there job.

And for the record, the muckers won 2-1 in the regular season, and 3-1 in the semi-finals, which included an own goal by the arsenal and it was the arsenal down a man in the secong half. A "pumping" of the Arsenal ? You decide.

To the Muckers I say this. If you can only get between 6 - 9 players out for games, out of a roster of 20+, maybe it IS time to retire from the summer league. You obviously don't have the commitment or passion for the game to even show up 50% of the time, as the teams "beneath you" seem to be able to do.

Thank you,

Rod Gibson, Arsenal Div.II

PS And being the only club with teams in both divisions, We have the greatest opportunity to cheat with our players. We don't and look down on any team that does. The league rules are explained to the players at the start of the season, and league minimums for appearances are laid out at the start. If the Muckers do grace us with there precense next summer, I suggest they do the same. And perhaps pick there team's players according to there commitment.

The only farce I see is a team that can't even get a 3rd of it's players to games. I'd love to see your practices.

Just got this emailed. Funniest part about this is the part about teams practicing for this league.:rolleyes:

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rodney,

get all the facts before spouting off. We had players with other commitments and guys who went down with injuries. This season, we were not even going to put a team in the league. The only reason we did decide to put a team in is that they we were told that we would have most of our games at home. That did not happen. I think we only had 4 actual home games.

As for getting a small portion of our players out, the league knew about this as I spoke with Him after most games and told them how many players we had out. Even with that short amount of players we still pretty well dominated this league and do you honestly think that if we had our full squad out of players who have played with us throughout the past couple of years, that any team would even come close to beating us??? Look at it as giving some of you guys a chance :)

We only played 6 out of 9 games and still finfished second on our side of the table.

Our real beef with the league is that they knew exactly our player situation from the beginning of the playoffs and they still continued to let us play. WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL US FROM THE BEGINNING. They had our team sheets and we were completely upfront with who we had on our roster from the beginning.

Also why give Arsenal the final. Why not let FV Storm and Mission FC play each other, then let the winner play Arsenal to see who goes into the final??? Wouldn't that be the fairest route???

I'll bet you'd love to see our practices. NOT!!! This is summer league!! What try hards actually practice in the summer for this kind of league???

Yours Truly
Nick Figliuzzi, Muppets F.C.

And my response back to this Muppet

Ha ha ha

Jul 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have practices sunday's for anyone who wants to. With 36 players it's not hard to get enough for nearly a complete game. With the Muckers barely able to get a full team for games, I'd imagine drop in scrimmages just aren't something you do.
Face it. You guys knew the rules and assumed you wouldn't get caught. Tough break.
We had one of our teams play in the 2nd div this summer bacause we were forced to. They told us our B team was relegated at the start of the summer because we lead the league in cards the year before. This was the first mention of this ever, and in the league rules this year, there is still no mention of it. I'd say this was getting screwed too. Your not the only guys with problems.
But the letter sent to the league executive and all the teams by a Mucker was unjust to the other teams and to Arsenal. They took there loss with no bitching. You wanna slag us and all the other teams because of this, if you weren't hated before, you sure are now. Way to drag your name in the mud.
As for the the FV storm or mission in the final, they couldn't get out of the quater-finals, who the hell would put them in the final. If anything, the fair thing would be put the 2 losing semifinal teams together, and have the winner play the lizards. But that's the leagues call. Cry a river to them.... not everybody else.
As for the bitching about coming out to Bateman for games in the lower mainland, read the fine print. It's the FRASER VALLEY summer league. Buy a map.
Good luck in the Fin.......oops. Never mind

Rod

PS Buy some humility pills. People will like you more.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give your fukcing head a shake man. You're actually posting about the other team breaking the rules. Grow the fukc up and get on with your life.

PS I don't think they care.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rod,

You have zero class, and zero sense of sportsmanship. Most people would be embarrassed to be in the situation your team finds itself in, but you're not only playing, but continuing to rub salt in the wounds.

When you look at all the facts, you don't deserve to be playing in the final. Full stop.

Nick was a bit hot when he wrote that note, but I can't blame him one bit after seeing your note to the league. Again: classless.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ha ha ha said:
As for the the FV storm or mission in the final, they couldn't get out of the quater-finals,

Do you think you would have gotten out of the quarter finals if you had played the Muckers then?

Rod, you have to re-read the title of the website, grow a backbone, and find some witty banter.

If there was a problem with our roster, the league should have said at the start of the playoffs. Sorry guys, the lineup you had in your first playoff game did not conform to league rules. You're out.
But they didnt.
I think that is the real issue here. Arse-N-All are just easy targets. Deal with it.

We have the greatest opportunity to cheat with our players
The problem here is it still wouldnt benefit your team.
You have 40 players who should be playing div II.

When Alkira is beating you down the right side with his speed rather than his skill...something is definatley wrong....or when Rangerforever can use his .... ah, never mind.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man I wish I hadn't been as nice in my email after I read on TTP how fcuking classless this clown really is.

Rodney,

I’m not going to waste my time mud-slinging and name calling with you because, frankly, it’s useless at this point, but I will say this while most of your points have some validity, please be honest with yourself and step out of the box for a moment. The FVSSL doesn’t have a registration process and is an unsanctioned league, there-for, instantly, taking away from giving “the league credit” as you put it. What it is is a fun recreational league. If you see it as anything else you’re only fooling yourself.

You sound like you’ve been around the game for a while and know full well that Nick could have had 15 names on a list and told the ref “these guys said they’d be here and will be late”, being honest or not. It happens a 1000 times a year in a 1000 different and higher quality leagues. You know full well the ref wouldn’t even bat an eye at it because there are no ID’s or name checks. That fact is, Rodney, if we truly didn’t do anything wrong for the purpose of “cheating” or “winning a cup game”, you know that, I know you do. Our only fault was our own stupidity for following the belief that this league was a recreational one used for off season fun. And it is off season, Rodney and should be used that way in my opinion.

If Arsenal chooses to have two teams and train, that is certainly your right and business, good on you, but we don’t need it like you do. To be completely honest, I really enjoy this league. We have, we they show up of course, a lot of top quality premier players be it in the FVSL and VMSL and we all loved being able to come out and knock the ball around have some decent competition and get a good sweat and run in, but most of all we enjoyed being able to focus on the after game pints, BBQ and parking lot BS more. We all go our separate ways in the winter, but with-out a word of lie, we talk about “The Muckers” season all through-out the winter. The games and the result were truly an afterthought, win or lose.

The attacks on Arsenal aren’t really what they seem. They’re just shots of frustration at a completely ridiculous and totally avoidable situation. All we needed was even an ounce of communication from the league. I’m sure you’re saying they shouldn’t have to tell us anything and you’re right. We, well, I believe anyway, from talking to other team heads that we were singled out. We forfeited two games in Mission and played very short in another and we were still winning and I think the league had had enough, whether they care to admit to it or not, I guess is irrelevant.

This decision is, and pardon the language, a ****ing joke. I do understand the rules, but what I don’t understand is why they choose to impose them, now, after 3 games. Some of the same players were involved in the first two as the third I bet. I can guarantee one of the others teams in the final could suffer the same fate if they even bother to look. We were singled out. You’ll never convince me otherwise.

Good luck to you to in the finals, have fun training,

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Do you think you would have gotten out of the quarter finals if you had played the Muckers then?

Rod, you have to re-read the title of the website, grow a backbone, and find some witty banter.

If there was a problem with our roster, the league should have said at the start of the playoffs. Sorry guys, the lineup you had in your first playoff game did not conform to league rules. You're out.
But they didnt.
I think that is the real issue here. Arse-N-All are just easy targets. Deal with it.

The problem here is it still wouldnt benefit your team.
You have 40 players who should be playing div II.

When Alkira is beating you down the right side with his speed rather than his skill...something is definatley wrong....or when Rangerforever can use his .... ah, never mind.

I'm not sure how to take that. :D

As for Arsenal, may you be bent over in the final like you were against the Muckers this year. Now, was that one of the games I actually played in? :D I somehow remember the coach saying......we really want to beat Arsenal, as they are the class of the league. He only said he wanted 9 players though because 11 players would have ended up a cricket score. :)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the the FV storm or mission in the final, they couldn't get out of the quarter-finals, who the hell would put them in the final.
They shouldn't but why are they eliminated and you're allowed in? They couldn't beat us and neither could your rubbish squad of players. I guarantee the same "ineligible" players that are part of the roster scandal played in the first two matches when we were short handed. Where was the fcuking roster check then? Why was there two more weeks and $200 in air fare out to Batemen if they wanted us out? I would have had no problems, other than with Demo for being a fcuking shitty manager, if they dropped this on us after the first match. None of us would.

Rod, you're a classless cnut. You don't in anyway deserve to be in the finals and should be fcuking embarrassed and humbled that you are. I hope LLL kick your sorry asses into next week, not because the league put you there but becuase you think you should be.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well put KNVB.

Spoke w/ Utah this morning, and this is a done deal. As for a pseudo final, apparently not in the cards due to the fields being booked up for try-outs / pre-season training through August. LUFC has a boat load of teams between Mens and Youth, so completely understandable.

We'll be playing in this "final", and I doubt anyone will really give two shits. The only, and I mean, only motivation for playing through the playoff format was to meet the Muckers in the final. That would at least make playing in heat stroke conditions, wearing heavy, ugly, double cotton LL tops, with no few subs, worth while.

Honestly, to take this league more seriously than it seems the LL and Muckers do is sad. Going through the playoffs, we played against at least one team that really does take it seriously. Some decent young players, too. Where are these kids in the winter, when the bullets fly for real.

I don't get it. Not looking forward to tomorrow night, and playing against a bunch of keeners that don't get it. It's bush.

As for the Muckers: we are doing up a Bar-b-q after the match. Come on out, and let's have a pint anyway. KNVB...be happy to pick you up on the way...wouldn't mind the company for the drive.

Ha ha ha

Jul 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lack of class and sportsmanship would've been when you insult the Arsenal to every team in this league with the e-mail sent out to every team. If we'd bitched about losing, fine, but we didn't.
You wanna insult, expect some comin' back.
And some type of realistic player check wouldn't be a problem, but, again, that's the leagues job, not everyone else's.
And seeing how you didn't have a full squad until the semi's, maybe you hadn't used a player that was illegal (hadn't played 5 games) until then. I do hope the league checks other rosters like they have checked yours, but, only the league knows that.
If you guys want sympathy, next time , don't insult eveyone in the league, and then email it to them. It kinda throws the sympathy out the window.
Embarassed and humbled? The Muckers should be the one's feeling like that. They were so sure they'd win the league, they didn't bother showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0