Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kiss my fcukin feet, franchise, we beat ndfc, what a hard fought game, losing 2-0 with 6 min left and tie it up, down 3-2 in overtime and tie it up, then winning on pk's, fcuk all the naysayers, we earned this, we were patient and we won, good luck to ndfc in div 1 next year, i would not want to be in their way after this

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa, thats quite a shock. Nothing against the titans as they are a well run team but i thought that ndfc would have easily won this one. The question now is will the nd titans be one of the representatives for the fraser valley league at the provincials?

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is a huge upset. I’m still shocked that they even made the cup in the first place. I saw them play the Wolves and I was not impressed. Every once and a while, a random unpredictable event happens for no unexplained reason, and this is exactly what happened today. Today is proof that a team with very little talent can some how defy the odds and go all the way. What a shocker.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
its too bad that didnt happen for you guys this year sheep, but hey, at least you defied the gods and stayed in div 2

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
watched the game today and thought that NDFC were the better team skill wise but the titans just had more heart. They battled till the end and came away with the win. Titans just started beating them to the ball and were rewarded. I thought #10, 11, and the left fullback for NDFC were quite good and helped control the game. I couldn't pick one player on the titans who I thought was a difference maker just felt as a team they worked hard. #6 for NDfc was on the ground all game flopping around and diving. not so pretty. anyway congrats to the titans.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Titans, definately a touch of shock when i heard the final result, and then even more when i heard the way it ended, well done littlekeeper

Hard lines to the NDFC boys, good luck in the div.2-div.1 playoffs.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods said:
but the titans just had more heart. They battled till the end and came away with the win. Titans just started beating them to the ball and were rewarded. I couldn't pick one player on the titans who I thought was a difference maker just felt as a team they worked hard

Talk about a hell of a game. As I said all along, don't underestimate our heart and desire. We know we aren't the most talented team....but obviously that doesn't matter if you just want it bad enough. I'm still shocked at the comeback in the final 6 minutes. NDFC had given up 7 goals all year, then we pot 2 in 6 minutes...wow. And then to win it in pk's....storybook ending. Lilkeeper was fantastic as usual. Big stop after big stop. Our defence was pretty solid at slowing down the scoring force of Otten and Ellis. And the midfiled busted their butts all over the pitch, even when down 2-0. The forwards never gave up as well. For a team that has trouble finishing...3 goals and all of our pk's....WOW.

Congrats to NDFC on a hard fought game and good luck in Div 1 next year. Everybody knows you will be in Div 1...so represent ND well boys, I know you will!!!

To the rest of the Titans' players and fans....great game. The fans were awesome as they have been all year. Would have been nice to see more despite the rain...but hey, at least ours cheered when we scored. You couldn't even hear NDRC's when they scored. Superfans for the Titans!!!

Congrats Titans. Time to get back to drinking from the Cup. This bender aint stopping anytime soon!!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
Kiss my fcukin feet, franchise, we beat ndfc, what a hard fought game, losing 2-0 with 6 min left and tie it up, down 3-2 in overtime and tie it up, then winning on pk's, fcuk all the naysayers, we earned this, we were patient and we won, good luck to ndfc in div 1 next year, i would not want to be in their way after this

Congrats....hey a the very least we can say we lost to the cup winners :D Good luck at provincials!

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks franchise, and i promise that we will do all we can to become a more talented team over the summer so that we can earn the respect of everyone, good luck next year in league and hope to play you guys again because im sure that we are both not the dolts we are on here

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm...no word from Bulljive, dopeashell????? Tough loss I guess.
I expected more from this "great" team.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw two guys fitting dopie and Bulljive's description standing on top of the Port Mann Bridge last night. Quite a crowd had gathered. It didn't look good.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Titans on the Cup win! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't very surprised, but one thing you can always say about the Titans is that they play with heart and play for 90 mins. What was additionally surprising was that NDFC gave up 3 goals in this game as the Titans one weakness is usually their ability to finish, but they got it done in this big game. This is heck of an accomplishment for the young Titans team. Good luck to you guys next year as with a young team you will be even better next year with one more year of men's league experience under your belts...

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
a shocking result yesterday. fc had this game bagged and then decided to play like azzuri and try and sit on the lead. continued playing the short pass game in their own end even after giving up the first and got stung for it. can't be doig that kind of shite in those conditions. i don't give a fcuk what anyone says about the subs made by fc late in the game, that is not what cost them. the titans had a lot of subs on the field as well for both of their goals. this may just go to show everyone how deep this team really is. definately the more skilled of the two, but the titans dug deep into their huge hearts and pulled it off. heart wins big games. i'm glad my pants could dry off during the premier game. good luck to fc in the promotion round robin.......the last thing we need is 4 nd teams in div 2 next year. well done titans!!! look forward to another nd vs nd finals next year........i won't be drinking beer from a can!!!!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tried posting earlier but for some reason it didn't go through. WE were up 2-0 with 6 minutes to go although to be honest it should have been 4 or 5. Littlekeeper made alot of big saves to keep them in the game. Not that it wasn't a tight hard fought game but the titans really didn't get any chances until the last 6 minutes. We relaxed for 10 minutes pretty much feeling the game was over and we got burned. The titans seem to feel it was the greatest game of all time which i understand because i would probably be pretty jacked if we came back like that to win. i think for anyone except for the Titans fans the game was ugly to watch. It definitly wasn't a skill game. I thought we domintated the overtime and most of regulation. I thought we deserved to win but it wasn't our day and the Titans worked hard all game and took the win. i think we lost it alot more then the Titans won it. (deep right) Their penalty shot call was suspect and in overtime a pretty weak call to make. I hate losing in penalty shots it just doesn't feel like we got beat on the field but if you can't win in regulation after the lead we had you deserved to lose. In the end the titans deserve everything they get, no star players with the exception of maybe Russ,but pure heart and hard work. They worked hard to get here and deserved it so congradulations. I wouldn't want any other team to win it. except us of course fukcing bastards :D

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive, you are right in saying that it was not a pretty game, but i ma sure it was fun to watch. As for the penalty shot call in OT, I was quite far away, so I cannot comment but your OT goal was not wothout contorversy as at least I believe that I was clearly interfered with. Wether our not I would have saved the beautiful top corner header is not the point. I would also agree that your team was the better team through most of the game (I wuld say 80 of the first 90 and most of the OT) and on any other day your probably would have won, but the soccer gods were smiling on us. The ugly conditions were better for us, and the absolute craker by one of your guys off the inside of the post and out was unlucky for you guys. (Definatly deserved to be a goal). I thought you had a wonderul game and deserved a couple of goals (maybe if that midfielder of yours learned to make a pass. You know who I speak of) Anyway, it was a wet and wild one and it will be harder to deny our team from going to provincials now.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do have to say individually, we have not played well recently with the exceptions of russ and johnny, but we have as a team done enough to win through hard work and patience. I hate going to pk's as well, it should be decided on the field. Bulljive, you guys did have the majority of chances but you have to finish them to win a game. We had a few ourselves, most notably ryan's header the glanced off the post. Like walls and yourself said, you sat back, and when you do that, youre inviting a team back into the game. We didnt have our strongest game but we wanted it. We showed a lot of drive. Good luck next year in div 1 to NDFC and heres to hoping for another nd vs nd final with NDNBU.

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
whoops, I forgot to mention how opur team played. I thought everybody worked very hard and busted their butt, but I need to thank my defense the most. As usual, they played hard (especially Russ the MVP) and really made the NDFC offence work. I know that it sounds weird to say the played great and gave up 3 goals, but without their great play, it could have been a lot more. Also, our defence provided the offence as we got goals from 2 defencemen and a guy who plays midfield and defence. I also wanted to say that although the NDFC keeper played well, he probably should have had 2 of the shots in the shoot-out, but I guess that is the way it goes. Adn don't worry NDFC, I am sure you will go to provincilas and at least challenge, if not win the provincial cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0