Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LittleKeeper said:
(maybe if that midfielder of yours learned to make a pass. You know who I speak of) .

gotta prove you wrong on this one point little guy. that mid that you speak of doesn't play for ndfc.................. he plays for himself, and only himself :eek: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alright here is my take...i dont understand why redwoods thinks that our left back played well cause that was me and i thought i had my worst game of the year that day.....up 2-0 then sh*t fell apart..i disagree with walls yes the titans did have many subs on at many points in the game but that is not our style to make 4changes all at one time and i think that fu*ked up our game..when all our subbing occured funny thats when they scored their goals..so i will put a bit of the blame there but players win the game and i dont think we were good enough that day to sit back and thats what we did....titans played hard the whole game through not making anything real easy for us all day...i feel we should have scored a few more but sometimes the ball wont go in......the titans scored on their chances and worked their ass off so well done to you guys....

id also like to say peace out to this website as of today my soccer life is conflicting with my real life and im not sure if soccer fits my schedule anymore......hard decisions to make...c-ya in a year or so...out for the last time in a while........

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
dopeashell said:
id also like to say peace out to this website as of today my soccer life is conflicting with my real life and im not sure if soccer fits my schedule anymore......hard decisions to make...c-ya in a year or so...out for the last time in a while........

i don't buy that.....not even for one second. this site is like a bad rash.....you can try and leave it alone, but you know its still their and when nobodies looking you'll pick at it :D .

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
dopeashell said:
alright here is my take...i dont understand why redwoods thinks that our left back played well cause that was me and i thought i had my worst game of the year that day

Dope I thought you played well and controlled your side of the park. It was not your fault that your team allowed the 2 goals. I also agree with you that 4 subs at once is stupid. Whoever was running the sidelines felt the game was over and started messing around which cost you the cup. There is a reason some guys don't play all game and get put in with 10 min left when the game is out of reach because they aren't that good!!!!! Win the cup then pat the guys on the back who didn't play and say we couldn't have done it without you.

I also think you will be back sooner than later Dope. I blew off the whole weekend playing 7 aside and watching cup games and got in shite from the warden when I got home SUnday but the pints were cold!!

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
gotta prove you wrong on this one point little guy. that mid that you speak of doesn't play for ndfc.................. he plays for himself, and only himself :eek: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

what number is this guy? #23?

B

Blahzay

walls said:
i don't give a fcuk what anyone says about the subs made by fc late in the game, that is not what cost them.
You're kidding me right walls? 2-0 is the worst lead any team can have, especially when we're talking about the Titans, a team who is well known to pick up it's play late in the game and battle for a full 90 min. Why we made 4 substitutions with 20 min left in the cup final is beyond me. Nothing against the players but you can't throw 4 guys who haven't seen the pitch yet into the most important and intense part of the game and expect them to compete. It also sends a message to the rest of the players that the game is over and in the bag, ridiculous. I thought that move was insulting to the Titans and cheers for shoving it down our throats. Then when the score is tied I get put back into the game after freezing my ass off and I pull my calve muscle, I'm most likely done for the promotion tournament. This is me right now. :( :mad: :(

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hard lines blaz, thats bad news, i was wondering why you went off because i turned around and there was danny and jive. get healthy and get into div 1.

B

Blahzay

redwoods said:
I thought #10, 11, and the left fullback for NDFC were quite good and helped control the game. I couldn't pick one player on the titans who I thought was a difference maker just felt as a team they worked hard.
I think you missed #12 for NDFC our left mid, he made a great pass to set up our 2nd goal and scored a terrific header in OT, not bad for an 18 year old kid. Who knows why he wasn't put into the game until halftime. For the Titans you definitley missed their goalie, Johnny played great and must have saved atleast 10 quality shots on net nevermind his 2 huge PK saves, nothing our shooters could do. I also should mention that bulljive was our player of the game, even when he's not been given much offensivley he gets stuck in and always seems to find the ball.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
I think you missed #12 for NDFC our left mid, he made a great pass to set up our 2nd goal and scored a terrific header in OT, not bad for an 18 year old kid. Who knows why he wasn't put into the game until halftime. For the Titans you definitley missed their goalie, Johnny played great and must have saved atleast 10 quality shots on net nevermind his 2 huge PK saves, nothing our shooters could do. I also should mention that bulljive was our player of the game, even when he's not been given much offensivley he gets stuck in and always seems to find the ball.

I can't mention them all...but you are right the goalie for the titans looked solid in the late going which was odd because in the first half and early in the second he looked shaky,bobbling a few shots at him then after that he stopped pretty much everything which kept them in the game.
just curious what # is Bulljive?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to the Titans on being the 2005 President's Cup Champs, and congratulations to NDFC for a great season, albeit a disappointing end from their perspective, I'm sure. I knew this would be a close match, and I also knew that I could not predict a winner. It appears I was spot on in thinking this match could go either way, and it did!

This year's Cup play had its share of surprises and upsets, and produced some cracker matches, some of which I was involved in. All in all, a pretty solid Cup run this year overall, and congratulations again to the Titans for emerging from it at the top where not many thought they'd be. Well done lads.

~Shaven

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just thought I would share these. Here is us celebrating at the bar, and the oldest Frampton showing everybody how it's done.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
You're kidding me right walls? 2-0 is the worst lead any team can have, especially when we're talking about the Titans, a team who is well known to pick up it's play late in the game and battle for a full 90 min. Why we made 4 substitutions with 20 min left in the cup final is beyond me. Nothing against the players but you can't throw 4 guys who haven't seen the pitch yet into the most important and intense part of the game and expect them to compete.. :( :mad: :(

blahz, i don't think that there are many teams in the league that train more times a week, train harder or train for longer hours than you guys do. so tell me this, why are the titans so well known for battling back at the end of games, and playing a full 90mins when they have one practice a week with usually less than 10 guys there :confused: :confused: .

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
blahz, i don't think that there are many teams in the league that train more times a week, train harder or train for longer hours than you guys do. so tell me this, why are the titans so well known for battling back at the end of games, and playing a full 90mins when they have one practice a week with usually less than 10 guys there :confused: :confused: .

Sorry to tell you this walls but on your view of the game is totally wrong. The titans are all young 22 and under with 18-20 guys who are athletes. They make subs all game long keeping everybody fresh with the exception of 3 or 4 guys. They don't have talent they just work hard and pretty much play a gritty kick and run style. It doesn't matter if they have 4 so called starters off at the end of the game because they are no more of an impact player then the guy coming of the bench. they are disciplined, but honestly I don't think they have the team to ever get out of div 2. They will always be fighting for it, but inconsistent play, often lack of commitment and numbers, lack of skill will leave them to be nothing more then a top div 2 team. Anyway that is why they battle back although the fact that I had to explain this too you leaves me wondering how much you really know about soccer.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Sorry to tell you this Mike but on your view of the game is totally wrong. The titans are all young 22 and under with 18-20 guys who are athletes. They make subs all game long keeping everybody fresh with the exception of 3 or 4 guys. They don't have talent they just work hard and pretty much play a gritty kick and run style. It doesn't matter if they have 4 so called starters off at the end of the game because they are no more of an impact player then the guy coming of the bench. they are disciplined, but honestly I don't think they have the team to ever get out of div 2. They will always be fighting for it, but inconsistent play, often lack of commitment and numbers, lack of skill will leave them to be nothing more then a top div 2 team. Anyway that is why they battle back although the fact that I had to explain this too you leaves me wondering how much you really know about soccer.

sorry i thought this was a curling website ;) .......what the fcuk happend to Ferby's rink bulljive?

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
its an outside opinion from someone who has watched a lot of both your teams this year. you played 120mins that game and i think i may have had a better view of the whole thing. you don't have to agree with me, thats not the point. why are these "subs" not ready to go in and close out a game that in my eyes was wrapped up?? yes they shite the bed but why?? did they not see enough field time during the year?? when the players put in on the weekend would go in during the season you guys would normaly be up by 4 and the other team had given up. all i'm saying is that with the amount of time left, and the lack of raw tallent on the titans(sorry titans), you guys should have almost been able to play three men down and just continue kicking the ball down the field to run out time. not the prettiest way to play the sport but i bet you guys would have the cup in your possesion if you did. the more i think about it though........that is a coaches error too.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A quick slap on the wrist, boys...there is to be no use of proper names here, at least not first names, accurate or not ;) ...not everyone on this thread knows who one may be referring to, so lets keep it to TTP monikers and/or numbers...I'm going to edit out the proper names in the last few posts...its just offside, not going to happen. If you wish to use nicknames or last names, fine with me...but no first names. Carry on then.

~Shaven

B

Blahzay

Shut up walls, anyone who thinks National Bank is a good team name doesn't know shite about soccer. Why dont we change NDFC's name to ND One20 Whaler Neighbourhood Pub & Grill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0