Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the note on keeping on-topic, curious...I've started a 'canes/Clones thread with a poll, so you can all opine there if you like, or in the Div 2 league thread. Let's keep this one for ND-NDFC final chatter, and anything else on matches already played in the Cup.

~Shaven

TheRegulator

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know tons has been written already about the NDFC vs Canes game but it was a fantastic game so I will right some more. I just missed on my early season prediction of a 3-2 win by NDFC but I was close and the game lived up to the hype. It was like 2 heavyweight fighters going toe to toe. There was tons of offense and some great defensive plays. NDFC started out stronger and controlled play for about the 1st 15 or 20 mins but then momentum swung to the Canes who then created the majority of the scoring chances to the end of the half. It was 0-0 at half but not becuz of a lack of scoring chances by both teams. The Canes went up 1-0 early in the 2nd half and rode the momentum in creating some gloriuos scoring chances. They were unable to finish though and NDFC then began attacking and creating scoring chances. ND was rewarded for their work late in the game with a beautiful tying goal. The 1st OT was wide open as both teams seemed intent on finishing the game before PKs. Both teams had great scoring chances before #10 showed some brilliant finish for ND and put them up 2-1. Canes had some quality chances to tie as they did not quit but ND put it away late in the 2nd OT with the 3-1 goal. This was the most entertaining game I've seen this year in any division, other than the first VMSL Sikh Temple vs Akal game, as both teams played entertaining soccer. There was some great individual performances as well as I thought #7 and #10 stood out for North Delta and #5 and #9 stood out for the Canes. Both teams played great though and it is too bad this wasn't the showcase final. I look forward to seeing these 2 teams play in the Promotion playoffs.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRegulator said:
I know tons has been written already about the NDFC vs Canes game but it was a fantastic game so I will right some more. I just missed on my early season prediction of a 3-2 win by NDFC but I was close and the game lived up to the hype. .

YOU ARE SOOOOO DOPE. please PM me the odds for all games next year. i am trying to get sports action to put the FVSL on their cards for next year, and as you've stated so many times this year your ability to pick the winners and scores is absolutely brilliant :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a pretty good prediction walls. tough day at work? :D I got to give Franchise the respect for best predictions he always seems to be on the money. He even predicted the overtime victory he did say penalty shots but either way a solid prediction. not to mention saying we would beat the stars 5-0.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
It was a pretty good prediction walls. tough day at work? :D I got to give Franchise the respect for best predictions he always seems to be on the money. He even predicted the overtime victory he did say penalty shots but either way a solid prediction. not to mention saying we would beat the stars 5-0.

my bad, i clicked the wrong icon.was looking for this one :cool: . wasn't trying to disrespect him, and i know how you enjoy his weekly BJ's, so we'll leave it @ that. you going to the game ?? could give a whole new meaning to thursday night lights.
i'll check the ticker for the latest.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
my bad, i clicked the wrong icon.was looking for this one :cool: . wasn't trying to disrespect him, and i know how you enjoy his weekly BJ's, so we'll leave it @ that. you going to the game ?? could give a whole new meaning to thursday night lights.
i'll check the ticker for the latest.

Isn't it next thursday? You better check that ticker Michael buffer

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Cup final is going to be a hell of a game. Honestly, I don't know if it will be the beauty of a game to watch like NDFC vs 'Canes, but I can tell you know that it will be good. Other teams question or talents/skills, and if you want to that's cool....but what we always bring to the table in big games is heart, fight and determination. The Final is going to be another example of that. We will do whatever it takes to win. If it means ugly (but clean) soccer, then to all those planning on watching...prepare for some ugly soccer. But hey, whatever it takes. We'll adapt to the conditions and styles and bring whatever we need to in order to see us hoist the Cup.

We seem to have a thing for taking teams to shootouts, so maybe that will be the way Sunday goes. Like NDFC, we have a strong defence...sometimes scrambly, but strong. The goalkeeping for both teams is fantastic. The edge is in finishing. NDFC is considerably more consistent with finishing their opportunities. However, if we put away our chances this one will be interesting. I am predicting a low scoring match with no team getting more than 2.

Can't wait for the final as its going to be great to see two ND teams fighting for the Cup. Regardless of who wins, our Club finishes #1 and #2. Not too bad.

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titan4Life said:
we have a strong defence...sometimes scrambly, but strong. The goalkeeping for both teams is fantastic. The edge is in finishing. NDFC is considerably more consistent with finishing their opportunities. However, if we put away our chances this one will be interesting. I am predicting a low scoring match with no team getting more than 2.

I wouldn't say that I am fantastic but thank you for the compliment. Other than that, you are spot on.I am not sure If anybody can handle Ellis and Otten up front, but our defence will sure make them work hard. Win or lose for the Titans, we can come out of this game with our heads held high. Say what you want about easy draws, but easy draw or not, it is never easy to make it to a final of any cup.

The final will be fun and no matter what happens, I am sure that both teams will be having a few beers after, and maybe even together.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise, you really need to get over losing to us, this obsession is getting to a very unhealthy level. Seriously, I do not think you go more than two posts without pointing out how a bad team beat yours. I think you need to meditate, you know, cleanse your aura, align the shakrahs, achieve nirvana, and have a sobe because you are reaching a very dangerous area with all this negativity. I truly hope you will be able to find some balance in the future and you are able to come across some larger meaning for yourself beyond the fvsl div 2 ND Titans.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Franchise, stop being so bitter about not being in a cup final yourself. Bluenose has given you some valuable advice and I think you should take it. Maybe if you do what he suggests you will have a much more positive outlook on your dreary soccer life. There is always next year for you.

And as far as your "thats for sure" comment goes...who is in the final. We are. So we must be doing something right. Thats more than I can say for you!

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titan4Life said:
Hey Franchise, stop being so bitter about not being in a cup final yourself. Bluenose has given you some valuable advice and I think you should take it. Maybe if you do what he suggests you will have a much more positive outlook on your dreary soccer life. There is always next year for you.

this is great...youve never posted here before ever then you get to the cup finals sign up and start talking a bit of sh*t...where were you this whole year bud..your name is titan4life but really it should be titan4thenext2weeks...i just think its funny you never opened your mouth at any point during the whole season until this point...out

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the motivation shaven, I like have we have been given no chance to win, I'll be sure to let my team know.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just where do you get that you've been given no chance to win, bluenose? I merely posted a poll with scorelines, with nothing mentioned about who the victor might be. Personally, I think this match could go to either of you, and am looking forward to a tight, even match. Really though, where do you see that I've predicted a NDFC victory, Titans loss??? :confused: C'mon now, with your hair cut now I know you can see properly, so there's no hair-in-my-eyes excuse for not reading the poll right.

~Shaven ;)

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
[/QUOTE]this is great...youve never posted here before ever then you get to the cup finals sign up and start talking a bit of sh*t...where were you this whole year bud..your name is titan4life but really it should be titan4thenext2weeks...i just think its funny you never opened your mouth at any point during the whole season until this point...out[/QUOTE]

Hey dope...I just started posting because I didn't really know about this site until LittleKeeper told me to check it out. Its a pretty cool idea and I thought I'd sign up. And I will be posting more than for 2 weeks. If I knew about it sooner I would have been on here more...but now that I am its Titan4Life not 2 weeks. Peace.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose, I don't think anyone has written you guys off. You guys are underdogs for sure, but you deserve respect for getting to this point. NDFC is playing some great soccer right now though, and it will take your best game of the year plus a mistake or two by NDFC to pull this one out. Personally, I think NDFC will win 3-1 but you guys are in the finals for a reason. Anything can happen in a 1 game showdown...

Bluenose said:
Thanks for the motivation shaven, I like have we have been given no chance to win, I'll be sure to let my team know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0