Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Banter

Which is the toughest side of the draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Feb 12, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - February 2005

Big T said:
ok enough these cheating allegations, they are frankly bullshite. As a 3rd party, I know 98 % of the guys who play on GN and I can tell you that them bringing in players from other leagues is not true. These guys have played together for a long time and I know they never have outsiders except youth players that they call up.

As for the team lists well yes GN should fill them in correctly, and as an opposition coach you should tell the ref that when he gives you the list. To accuse them of cheating because its not filled in is a little far fetched.

If you got names of guys on GN who said they cheat then I think you should put them out here, cuz I think you got jack squat.

Oh, is that right? Just cos you say so, eh? Have you ever considered that it's just maybe because you know them so well, they haven't pulled this stunt with you? Knowing what they did against your team doesn't make you an authority on anything. I know, and the GN players know, what's gone on with their teamlists in the past. And just to spice this up a bit, there's a certain FV Official who also knows. Quote, "What's the problem, you won anyway". As for naming people, no, that's not my style (or appropriate either imo), but I will remind them of our conversion, in private, at a future time.
Respectfully yours, True Blue.

TrueBlue

Feb 12, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

TrueBlue said:
Oh, is that right? Just cos you say so, eh? Have you ever considered that it's just maybe because you know them so well, they haven't pulled this stunt with you? Knowing what they did against your team doesn't make you an authority on anything. I know, and the GN players know, what's gone on with their teamlists in the past. And just to spice this up a bit, there's a certain FV Official who also knows. Quote, "What's the problem, you won anyway". As for naming people, no, that's not my style (or appropriate either imo), but I will remind them of our conversion, in private, at a future time.
Respectfully yours, True Blue.

Before the spelling police get on here, I should advise that the last sentence should have read conversation. To set the record straight, at time of posting, we have not been converted.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

This whole GN fiasco certainly has garnered a lot of attention. I am a bit torn on the mater to be truthfull, and my thoughts may not be popular with the likes of Crafty and others posting on the matter (btw, nice to see Crafty's right hand man joining the ranks of TTP. Welcome True Blue ;) ), but I'll share it none the less if for no other reason than to further inspire debate.

GN seem to be very disorganized of late, and I'm imagining that they have been dealing with some adversity with regards to bodies up and leaving on them, injuries etc. They made a poor decision in not dotting their I's and crossing their T's with the team roster in the Pak game vs Delta, and they have been made to pay the price.This whole debacle leaves a very indelible black mark (once again) on our league, and GN have been made the focuss of it for obvious reasons.

However........

I can't help but wonder if some of the blame should fall on the league, and perhaps even moreso, the officials on the night. If an official is checking IDs prior to a game, and there is insufficient information given and/or lack of consistency between ID and rosters, shouldn't the coach/manager be alerted to that by the officials prior to the start of the game!? I think yes! Just suppose for a moment, that the official that night had told GN that they had a player who they had some concerns over with regards to their ID/eligibility. Do you think GN would have played that player, and risked having to forfeit the game?! I doubt that very much. It seems to me that there are many different messages given to officials from the league, and in the end, the league looks bad because GN was allowed to play an entire match, only to have their win nullified by a protest.

I can understand Crafty protesting the game, but to be honest it's a bit cheesy advancing to the next round when you were beaten outright. I wasn't at the game, but from unbiased accounts I have heard, GN were full value for the win, and the player(s) in question were non-factors in the result.

Before anyone jumps all over me on this, let me say that I am a fan of neither GN or Delta! :D I'm just an FVSLer who's a little embarassed at the fact that this is allowed to happen, and dissapointed that yet another blemish has been revealed. One more reason for the VMSLers to look down upon us in my humble opinion.

~Skip

TrueBlue

Feb 12, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Skip. thanks for the warm welcome. You made a good point when you wrote

"I can't help but wonder if some of the blame should fall on the league, and perhaps even moreso, the officials on the night. If an official is checking IDs prior to a game, and there is insufficient information given and/or lack of consistency between ID and rosters, shouldn't the coach/manager be alerted to that by the officials prior to the start of the game!? I think yes! Just suppose for a moment, that the official that night had told GN that they had a player who they had some concerns over with regards to their ID/eligibility. Do you think GN would have played that player, and risked having to forfeit the game?! I doubt that very much. It seems to me that there are many different messages given to officials from the league, and in the end, the league looks bad because GN was allowed to play an entire match, only to have their win nullified by a protest."
To clear this point up, I have to say that I did in fact question the officials prior to the game over some missing registration numbers and also that players were listed with wrong numbers. We had kinda sorted that out when on reflection, I questioned the Identity of the "Youth Players", all three actually. I advised the official at half time, when the core was still 0-0 and he told me that two of them could not produce ID of any kind to match the Youth Permits. I still don't think they actually were Youth Players!
If that was my team I would have sent someone home to get some ID for them. We didn't stay mum on this and try and pull a fast one. We told them up front. Actually, in the rules of appeal, it can work against you if you knowingly withhold information that could be used for an appeal. It's all on the website, people only have to read it.
And on that note, I'm pulling out of this debate, it's over, it's done. Maybe, on the positive side, people will pay more attention to teamlists, ID etc.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah I know Crafty this has nothing to do with me, but I just gave the facts as I know them to be. I don't know who this True Blue fellow is and my response would have been different if this type of info came from reputable poster (if there is such a thing) on ttp instead of a true blue McCarthyist. Who knows maybe next week this guy could be spreading stuff about my club, and saying all the brown boys cheat and are in cahoots with the FVSL league and the North Koreans. Or maybe we are ;)

I have seen my share of GN games in the last few seasons to know if they fielded ineligible players, so my facts are not based on the 2 times we played them this year.

I really don't give a sh!t about GN and their ugly green and white jerseys and the stupid little bunny hop dance number they do as a team. They make me want to puke !!! :p :D

TrueBlue

Feb 12, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Big T said:
Yeah I know Crafty this has nothing to do with me, but I just gave the facts as I know them to be. I don't know who this True Blue fellow is and my response would have been different if this type of info came from reputable poster on ttp instead of a true blue McCarthyist. Who knows maybe next week this guy could be spreading stuff about my club, and saying all the brown boys cheat and are in cahoots with the FVSL league and the North Koreans. Or maybe we are ;)

I have seen my share of GN games in the last few seasons to know if they fielded ineligible players, so my facts are not based on the 2 times we played them this year.

I really don't give a sh!t about GN and their ugly green and white jerseys and the stupid little bunny hop dance number they do as a team. They make me want to puke !!! :p :D

Big T, sorry to dissapoint, but no McCarthyist here, anything but. And I have have never suggested that colour or creed are in anyway connected to misuse of the rules. Sorry if you got that impression. We actually have lots in common, you and I. I don't give a sh!t about GN either, as a team, although there are a few young guys on the team that I have a lot of respect for, both as players and people.

PS I pity the missus that fools with Mr T.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

True Blue - Thanks to Skippy the Squirrel I now know who you are......:D I waas trying to make a point that sometimes anyone can come on here and say anything without any facts. I was just trying to play devils advocate with the McCarthy statement. I always take it to the extreme :D

Can someone on GN please pay me my regular retainer fee for defending your team ?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rules are rules folks and without them we would be living or playing in one very grey and cloudy world. Like a speed limit or any other rule or regulation somewhere there has to be a line that is written on paper. Absolutely sucks if you fall one percent on the wrong side of the line. Sounds like GN did. If you let this one go, then you open up a can of worms for the next one.

As one of the guys who fills out team lists, especially at this level, I am paronoid of making a mistake. It is a fairly simple procedure if you are half way organized. As far as ID, I think the league is actually lenient in regards to allowing any ID if no FVSL ID with a pretty insignificant fine. Read the VMSL thread in regards to a similar issue a few weeks back. As far as the referees or linesmen being responsible, not sure what they do in this case. I have never had someone go through the check without some form of picture ID. I would imagine the officials should and likely do let the team know the repercussions. But really guys, how much simpler does the system have to be?

T- there would have been no chance that I would not have questioned your list and the sort a few weeks back if we had lost. It was actually quite comical, you sitting all by your lonesome in the changeroom 40 minutes before kick-off and guys running from the parking lot at kick-off. I would hope and trust you guys were fine, but looking from the outside you have to wonder.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

LFC - oh yeah I did bring some ringers for that game and we still lost by 5......they all told me they were ex-86ers ;)

Now if you had lost to our CAT team(which is who you played) that really would have been funny !! :D Don't worry everyone was legit with ID.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Big T said:
LFC - oh yeah I did bring some ringers for that game and we still lost by 5......they all told me they were ex-86ers ;)

Now if you had lost to our CAT team(which is who you played) that really would have been funny !! :D Don't worry everyone was legit with ID.

Who was that lone striker running miles up front? Never seen him in a prem game before, so I am guessing a has been over the hill still trying to hang on to the glory days, or a young up and comer. A little Dudeish actually.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

LFC2 said:
But really guys, how much simpler does the system have to be?

Don't get me wrong. I'm big on accountability, and ultimately, GN needs to be held accountable for not following the 'rules'. I deal everyday, with kids that don't want to take any responsibility for their own decisions and actions. It pisses me off (Did I mention I really love my job). I guess all I'm wondering is: Can the officials help in making the 'eligibilty' issue apparent prior to the match starting, so we can avoid this kind of unfortunate circumstance??......or at the very least, can they issue some babysitters for the GN management team so that they can be supervised while writing up their team sheet?? :D

~S

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, for the umpteenth time, what's going on with the DMU CAT/Div.1 game?!

The Sched. indicates it has to be played so that the winner can play the Rangers on Friday night. That leaves only a few days to play this game.

Info???

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding is the officials are supposed to note in their game report whether a player didn't have ID. The FVSL review each game report, so they would have come across the lack of ID whether DMU protested or not.
At least that is the way I think it is supposed to work. :confused:

Sometimes mistakes are made, those are unfortunate. :(
Sometimes people try to cheat, hopefully they get caught. :wa:

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

LFC2 said:
Who was that lone striker running miles up front? Never seen him in a prem game before, so I am guessing a has been over the hill still trying to hang on to the glory days, or a young up and comer. A little Dudeish actually.

That guy was quite good a few years back in his prime.....but he just doesn't have it any more. This was his first Prem game and his last, we cut him after the game.......someone said he showed up to the game on time and you can't do that on our team. :D

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver said:
So are you guys playing a full game or just 1/2 a game for the makeup?

1/2 game, they protested the original game, FVSL ruled in favour of continuing the game from halftime.

Players not on the original roster cannot be added. It doesn't matter that we picked up 3 injuries this past weekend including our keeper. :mad:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
perhaps dave black should change his name to Balsa2... what is his total playing time this season? like 62 mins?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver said:
So are you guys playing a full game or just 1/2 a game for the makeup?

If they played a full game at this kick-off time, the lights would just go off on them again......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0