Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Banter

Which is the toughest side of the draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
perhaps dave black should change his name to Balsa2... what is his total playing time this season? like 62 mins?

That's OK when we returned half his registration money, he bought a round. :wa:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse said:
1/2 game, they protested the original game, FVSL ruled in favour of continuing the game from halftime.

Players not on the original roster cannot be added. It doesn't matter that we picked up 3 injuries this past weekend including our keeper. :mad:
What were they protesting?

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know exactly, I guess the fact the lights went out and we being the home team should of had knowledge as to when the lights would turn off. We scheduled the game for 9pm not realizing the lights were on a timer for 10pm. :(

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
What were they protesting?

Everything.

Everything is being protested at Delta Metro these days.
Even if it means protesting against a team within your club.

I think you should counter protest to ensure all of those players on the CAT team had appropriate ID and had the proper youth permits.

:D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
perhaps dave black should change his name to Balsa2... what is his total playing time this season? like 62 mins?

That's 62 more minutes than I have played in over a year. I don't think anyone can use the name "Balsa" better than I. Maybe one of the most fitting knick names ever given. :rolleyes:

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - February 2005

Skip said:
GN seem to be very disorganized of late, and I'm imagining that they have been dealing with some adversity with regards to bodies up and leaving on them, injuries etc. They made a poor decision in not dotting their I's and crossing their T's with the team roster in the Pak game vs Delta, and they have been made to pay the price.This whole debacle leaves a very indelible black mark (once again) on our league, and GN have been made the focuss of it for obvious reasons.

However........

I can't help but wonder if some of the blame should fall on the league, and perhaps even moreso, the officials on the night. If an official is checking IDs prior to a game, and there is insufficient information given and/or lack of consistency between ID and rosters, shouldn't the coach/manager be alerted to that by the officials prior to the start of the game!? I think yes! Just suppose for a moment, that the official that night had told GN that they had a player who they had some concerns over with regards to their ID/eligibility. Do you think GN would have played that player, and risked having to forfeit the game?! I doubt that very much. It seems to me that there are many different messages given to officials from the league, and in the end, the league looks bad because GN was allowed to play an entire match, only to have their win nullified by a protest.

~Skip

I haven't been on here for a while so I will give it a try again. Sorry to Quote this entire post, but I thought there were alot of good points that need to be mentioned.

First off, if we knew about the ID for youth, we would have made sure that all youth players would have it. I found it interesting that the league would take us out of the cup for this, because league officials have reffed our games throughout the season, and knew we have never had id's for any youth players and never said anything to us about it. It may be our mistake for not knowing this but we have tried and always do follow the rules.

As for our unorganized club, well, we had a new coach this year, but quit half way through the season because of the league not returing his phone calls, and not giving him any information for all his questions. I personally emailed the league 3 times and spoke to them via telephone about changing our team contact information and they replied back saying we will once we have time. I still do have the emails if the league ever wanted to make that an issue. The league not once called him to tell him that any of our game times or games were changed. Myself and most of our players found out from this site about what was going on about our games. We personally told our coach after hearing things on this site, and he actually found out one time the game got cancelled while he was driving to the game. He got pissed not at us, but at the league and then stopped coaching. Personally I dont mind him quitting, I just find it shitty that a league that is suppose to help teams, actually was breaking us apart.

Its crappy that we are out of the cup for this, ohh well, we all live and learn. Its just shitty learning from people that are making mistakes themselves.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta CAT over Delta Highlanders in penalties...

Some MASSIVE saves by ol' Dick Nibbler for the senior club to try to keep the Highlanders in it... but he failed to convert the penalty at the end.

I am truly blown away by a protest within the club though... very odd... very disappointing.

Good luck to the Mini Deltas... hope to meet them in the Finals!!! :bronco: :D :bronco: Wouldnt it be wild to have a double protest when tied at the end of regulation in the finals of the Pak?!?!?!

Delta is turning into the new Poco... eh Osame? :D

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They outplayed us, but we were able to scramble home a corner with around 10 minutes left. We had a bit of a patchwork squad out there but got the goal we were looking for. PK's are always a crapshoot. We were 1 goal from winning but our 5th shooter pinged it off the post.

Good luck to the DMU CAT squad.

Go Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J D Walker

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
prediction for the moody div.1 vs poco prem game.......... poco's gunna get rolled...... 4-1, sampsonite picking all four corners. ;) god damn that guys on a roll.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - February 2005

kokanee said:
As for our unorganized club, well, we had a new coach this year, but quit half way through the season because of the league not returing his phone calls, and not giving him any information for all his questions. I personally emailed the league 3 times and spoke to them via telephone about changing our team contact information and they replied back saying we will once we have time. I still do have the emails if the league ever wanted to make that an issue. The league not once called him to tell him that any of our game times or games were changed. Myself and most of our players found out from this site about what was going on about our games. We personally told our coach after hearing things on this site, and he actually found out one time the game got cancelled while he was driving to the game. He got pissed not at us, but at the league and then stopped coaching. Personally I dont mind him quitting, I just find it shitty that a league that is suppose to help teams, actually was breaking us apart.

Kokanee, I feel your pain, its hard enough to win the Pak as is,. but really how can you blame the league. I find your reasons for your coach quitting a little surprising. The last 2 years I must of made 10-15 phone calls to the league regarding fields, permits, lights, cards etc. and always got a quick response, always. Either Neil, Robby or Dennis returned my calls the same day or early the following day. There other ways to contact the league if you dont have a phone.To blame the league for your coach quitting is a bit of a stretch. My guess is that this person who was passing himself as a Prem coach didnt want to be there or the players chose not to have him coach.Every team has 1 or 2 guys who knows better then the coach.. no really ;) . I hope we never have to discuss permits and protests again..
So the Rangers still have to play and win before playing Langley....too lazy to check...Go Rangers......Did I just type that..... Herb... Herb Green where are you.....

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, what's the scouting report on Surrey Sporting? Do they have a "Wonder Wade" we should worry about? :D

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
So, what's the scouting report on Surrey Sporting? Do they have a "Wonder Wade" we should worry about? :D
No wonder wade, but a few decent players. They have a weak defence and an average goalie, so goals should not be hard to come by. They are more of an offensive team with guys who like to carry the ball.....
SHould be a PAU victory by 2!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sporting scouting report

From the game I took in between Sporting and Rangers earlier in the year, I recognized two faces from my SU days... Anson is a talented and useful player up front or out wide, he's got pace (obviously due to being black) :rolleyes: and likes to run at guys... Joe is a thick wop who usually lumbers through the middle and gets stuck in... Other than that I don't remember much else as I was busy drinking on the sidelines!!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally!

We have our first PAK cup game....while others are on to round 3...nice.

Come to think of it, this is my first PAK cup game. Bless the Valley!

I really do enjoy Friday night games....

Stretching,(insert jokes here)
Zaurrini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0