Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Banter

Which is the toughest side of the draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2005 Pak Cup Banter

Why don't you guys play 35 minute halves and only take 2 and 1/2 minutes for you oranges at half. Then you will have more than enough time left over for the two 15 minutes of OT and some PK's.

Next Goal wins allways works in the school yard.

hos

White Shoes

Jun 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

This Delta game that hasn't been played is a joke. Just watch who will be playing 3 games in one week. Rangers.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Re: Straight to penos in Cup games, I agree, this is very bush. Peno's has alwasy been an 'unfortunate' way to decide a match. To not give teams a chance to settle the result in OT is just shy of criminal. Add to this, the fact that the 'League' has decided to go against what they have posted on their home page, and it's another reason to shake your head at the FVSL.

This needs to be addressed at the next league meeting IMO.

Crafty,

How's the appeal coming? gonna appeal your way right to the final game?? :D

~Skip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Re: Straight to penos in Cup games, I agree, this is very bush. Peno's has always been an 'unfortunate' way to decide a match. To not give teams a chance to settle the result in OT is just shy of criminal. Add to this, the fact that the 'League' has decided to go against what they have posted on their home page, and it's another reason to shake your head.

Crafty,

How's the appeal coming? gonna appeal your way right to the final game?? :D

~Skip

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The DMU game will continue at the beginning of the 2nd half, score 1-0, officials the same, roster the same, earlier yellow card carries over...as for when the game is...maybe next week...maybe the week after...

The FVSL wants as much of the game the same, logistically that isn't easy...apparently Stepchild has to be there drinking as well. :rolleyes:

I argued the 70 minute ruling, the FVSL won't give me a reason for their ruling. Its simply here is the ruling accept it. :mad:

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I guess this means when Poco has to replay their league game against Delta Metro(which was called at half time due to the field flooding), we'll only have to play the second half.

Poco was leading 1-0 at the half.

Interesting ruling.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Milhouse said:
The FVSL wants as much of the game the same, logistically that isn't easy...apparently Stepchild has to be there drinking as well. :rolleyes:
DONE and DONE! :D Provide time and I will be there!

WS, if we play 3 games in one week.......are you going to be able to make it to any of them? :eek:

RF, you will be the over 40's Rangers very soon!

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Interesting point Sliver.

Suddenly, your team definitely has a leg to stand on with regards to the replay of that game vs Delta.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Your right about potential though. He needs to be developed. Perhaps he needs another quality striker to learn from. QUOTE]

Perhaps he needs some good coaching :D . No really...
I watched the last 25 of the game and thought the game was quite even.
Wade has had a phenomenal year up to this point, so its hard for anyone to knock the kid. I must say after watching him in those final minutes, I think his pride was hurt more than his ankle. He was cutting and sprinting just fine.

Im glad to hear the poco vs chilli game ended on the pitch and not in the protest booth. Not like many other games.It was worth the try though :p

Skip when are you playing your make up Pak game?

Man its been so long Im forgetting how to ttp. Im sure glad they are offering those Monday night classes..

Hey are we playing the fury next Sunday night at 6pm? Chucha madre :eek:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Osame bin madden said:
Skip when are you playing your make up Pak game?

Not sure. Cainy's too busy making wedding plan, and wiping ass these days to let us know anything that comes his way.
:D

We have turf on Tuesdays & Thursdays, so maybe if there is anyone from the Sporting team lurking here, drop my a PM. It'd be nice to get some plans.

~Skip

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The return of the jew from Nazereth

I wonder if this means Osame is buying the pints tonight??? Apparently Studs up seems to think so!!! ;) Not that he knows anything about that!!! :rolleyes:

GuinnesslookingforwardtotonightsmatchvsPoco

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

heard from a very reliable source that delta has been granted the win over GN in last weeks Pak Cup game... due to using 3 ineligible players.

soooooo... our young goalie can rest better knowing that the goal scored by the GN goalie NEVER OFFICIALLY HAPPENED. :D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
... due to using 3 ineligible players.

That is an absolute fcuking disgrace.
Get your shite together.
No matter what the fcuking song being sung to justify that is, it's fcuking weak.
I can't wait to hear it.

Good for Delta.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: cheating

To appeal or not to appeal??? I guess if you're Delta you have to protest in an attempt to salvage your season, but if you're from any other team, you call it sour grapes... :rolleyes:
If this is true, (which it probably is) GN should pay a greater penalty... That is absolutely disgraceful of them to use ineligible players!!! If they can't field a team honestly, they should forfeit the match... It's that simple, play by the rules or don't play at all... Again, I'll wait for the final word from the FVSL, but I can't believe they would resort to such ignorant tactics... BUSH!!! :mad:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

sixfyv said:
heard from a very reliable source that delta has been granted the win over GN in last weeks Pak Cup game... due to using 3 ineligible players.

soooooo... our young goalie can rest better knowing that the goal scored by the GN goalie NEVER OFFICIALLY HAPPENED. :D

What the hell are you talking about 3 players, your coaches were crying about one of our youth players not having any ID because he got a ride to the game from another player. Everyone else had their ID's including the other youth players had either FVSL ID or something else, so there were no ineligible players, just that Delta couldnt handle getting beat by two 17 year olds that they had to protest the game, even the ref was making fun of Andy as he was crying before, during and after the game. Go ahead and take the win, everyone knows that you got beat by a better team last weekend, hope that Andy eyes are dry now because he sure did shed alot of tears at the Cup game. fukcin wanker.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I was at that game. I know the G.N. team well and they did not have 3 ineligible players.
Maybe 2 faces I didn't recognize, but one barely played and the other was not really a prem. player. There were no ringers used or anything cheap.
But rules are rules.

Why I don't get is why G.N. plays these players knowing that if they win and the other team chooses to protest that they will lose the game.
or when the refs checking I.D.'s and one kid doesn't have his, the ref doesn't say " he can't play! or he can not play and if you choose to keep him on the list and the other team protests you will lose "

If the person is in the same club and forgets his i.d. a fine should encure. Not a loss.
Delta got beat that game fair and square.
you can never win this arguement cause like mom used to say "RULES ARE RULES"

sixfyv
how do you fell about taking that win?

LION
mustbenice

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

These kids slut around and play for like 5 different teams I say fukc them. Those rules need to be changed anyway. Imagine freddy adu played in fvsl youth and different teams just called him up all weekend. Its stupid their should be restrictions. I don't think teams should be able to pick up 3 youth players that arent on their team just to win a game. It always the same thing how does it feel to lose to 17 year olds. WE all know these kids are good thats why they get slutted around just like the surrey women. I have to agree with the LION however why do you play the kid when he has no I.D

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

LION said:
I was at that game. I know the G.N. team well and they did not have 3 ineligible players.
Maybe 2 faces I didn't recognize, but one barely played and the other was not really a prem. player. There were no ringers used or anything cheap.
But rules are rules.

Why I don't get is why G.N. plays these players knowing that if they win and the other team chooses to protest that they will lose the game.
or when the refs checking I.D.'s and one kid doesn't have his, the ref doesn't say " he can't play! or he can not play and if you choose to keep him on the list and the other team protests you will lose "

If the person is in the same club and forgets his i.d. a fine should encure. Not a loss.
Delta got beat that game fair and square.
you can never win this arguement cause like mom used to say "RULES ARE RULES"

sixfyv

LION
mustbenice

This was the same ref that we had a week earlier in the Peace Arch game but he was lineman then, he knew that these players have played with us all year and they were legit and he knows them personally, thats why he didnt have a problem with that one kid not having ID, thats why we played him because he said it was fine with him. But Delta coudlnt beat us so they had no choice to protest. Nothing we can do about it now. The kids that play for us in the winter are kids that we have known for along time as they played in our youth system in the summer.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

LION said:
sixfyv
many times over the past few years we have played gn while they have fielded illegal players... even when the illegal player has played for our coaches in the past and we know exactly who they are. a game comes to mind a couple years back when a certain illegal player went in cleats up on ian pool and sliced his thigh open to the muscle... after the game he rushed off into the car when one of our coaches was trying to talk to him... to ask him what name he was playing under... he smiled and jumped in the car saying, "gotta go, bye"

you want to know how it feels after seeing this team cheat game after game, year after year??? :confused:

give your head a shake. :mad:

that being said, i think most of the guys on that team are great guys... i just dont like the way they are mis-managed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0