Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Men's B Provincial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

advil junkie

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hack,
if you are wondering who knew about the Dragons suspended player. The answer is the entire Richmond league and the entire beer gardens at the provincials so I guess it didn't involve intensive research after all. I agree that the Dragons are an excellent team and were favorites to win the cup but that's what blows my mind. How could they be so stupid to even take a chance on playing the player in question. The two games he could of sat out were blowouts and the second team they played only had 8 players to start but yet they played him anyway. The Dragons have alot of class guys that don't deserve this headache but B.C soccer makes their decisions based on the information the team manager gives them and in this case they were fed a lie. If all it takes is the player in question to sit out 2 games in an affiliated league why didn't the Dragons just sign him to the Richmond summer league (B.C affilated) that the they have been playing in for the last couple of months?

Pooner

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs and Captain... its Pooner. I finally had to join in after years of just watching the rant.
As you know by now, we've be done in by a technical point. And to answer advil junkie... BC Soccer's VP - Bruce Yule, gave us the green light to play the keeper even though he knew that he missed the games in the Ladner league. He overturned the ruling which we were more than happy to abide by. So, you're right that everyone and their dog knew about it and we were not going to jeopardize the tourney by trying something stupid. We were given the greenlight 15 minutes prior to the first game on Friday. Otherwise, we were sitting him. This issue was bantered about for a week prior to the decision, so it wasn't something we tried to slip through BC Soccer.
Our issue is why they overturned it or if they weren't sure about the overturning of the suspension, they should have told us to wait.
As to how it came about, it is a moot point now.
For those thinking we put together this team just for this year, not to worry, everyone is coming back and we'll likely have some quality signings for September as well. Cheers!

advil junkie

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pooner,
you make some excellent points. My information comes from the beer garden rumour mill and I was not aware of all the circumstances. I guess you should of got confirmation from the B.C soccer vice president in writing. A decision being made 15 minutes before kick-off is cutting it close. I know that over the years when there is even a hint of doubt surrounding a suspension it is always better to sit the player, tempting as it is. Also remember that Vice presidents always have a boss who make the real decisions. I saw your team play a few times this season and I am surprised you needed any pick-ups. I agree with REGS that it is a stupid rule that you can pick up players just for the tournament. I am sure the players that come out every week thru the winter aren't to happy riding the pine watching a couple of passengers take their spot.

abcd

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talking about using an ineligible player, it has come to our attention that the Richmond All-blacks have used an ineligible players!!!!!!!!!

Rav Kumar, midfielder.

Plays for Oasis in the Chinese league which is affiliated with BC Soccer.
Plays for All-blacks in the Richmond Summer league which is affiliated with BC Soccer.

The rules state that no one player may play for more than one affiliated league in a given season. If BC Soccer does not look into this, another black eye for soccer in our province.

calvin klein

May 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
abcd said:
Talking about using an ineligible player, it has come to our attention that the Richmond All-blacks have used an ineligible players!!!!!!!!!

Rav Kumar, midfielder.

Plays for Oasis in the Chinese league which is affiliated with BC Soccer.
Plays for All-blacks in the Richmond Summer league which is affiliated with BC Soccer.

The rules state that no one player may play for more than one affiliated league in a given season. If BC Soccer does not look into this, another black eye for soccer in our province.

I know there are lots of players who play in multiple affiliated leagues in the summer. But if this Rav Kumar is proven to play on both leagues, definitely BC soccer should be consistent and disqualify the All-blacks. This is all turning out to be a big joke for Bruce Yule and Ruben Tremarco. Aren't these guys veterans of BC soccer and should know the rules???

advil junkie

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What has this got to do with the provincials? Nobody gives a fcuk about summer league. Their are dozens of players playing three nights a week for different clubs in different leagues. I guess if the all-blacks player was suspended you could draw a comparison. I hope they don't crack down on the summer leagues as it gives me an excuse to get drunk a couple of extra times a week.

colleen

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
advil junkie said:
What has this got to do with the provincials? Nobody gives a fcuk about summer league. Their are dozens of players playing three nights a week for different clubs in different leagues. I guess if the all-blacks player was suspended you could draw a comparison. I hope they don't crack down on the summer leagues as it gives me an excuse to get drunk a couple of extra times a week.

Everything. If you get a red card in an affiliated league in the summer, it carries over to the provincials. This controversy all has to do with ineligibility. If it's proven Kartik Rav Kumar of the All-blacks is playing in two affiliated leagues, he is deemed an ineligible player and his team should default their games.

FYI
Richmond Summer League run by ****************
Chinese Summer League - call *******************

Confirmed Rav plays for Oasis. Player id #1186. You have to call Keith if you want to confirm if Rav plays on the Tuesday or Thursday night Richmond Summer league.

PS. We should all have the right to play in as many leagues in the summer!!!!!!!!!!!

advil junkie

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coleen, you are 100% right that red cards from the summer league carry over to the provincials but the player on the Dragons received his card in the Winter league and technically still hasn't served his two game suspension.

However, this is a technicallity and if B.C soccer said the player was eligible then that should be good enough.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please do not let this deteriorate into a 'who should be suspended' thread. Picking out a specific player is unfair. There are probably many players who play on multiple teams in the summer leagues. Unfortunately, the decision has been made.

What I'd like to hear about is who won.

(And of course speculation on how much the dragons would have beaten them by ... ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to hear from you, Pooner. I hope things are going well for you and your family. Unlucky on another BC Soccer fcuk-up. It seems to be happening FAR TOO OFTEN :mad:

As I predicted before hand, the Dragons would win the tournament and in my eyes the did, so the rest of the teams should just give them the trophy because they obviously deserved it. Remember the name of this site. Thanks in advance.

Pooner,

If you're looking for a 'reserve' player next year, let me know. :D

colleen

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
advil junkie said:
Coleen, you are 100% right that red cards from the summer league carry over to the provincials but the player on the Dragons received his card in the Winter league and technically still hasn't served his two game suspension.

However, this is a technicallity and if B.C soccer said the player was eligible then that should be good enough.

It was a technicallity for sure and if it's likely the Richmond teams waited to the Dragons played their third game to protest shows some thought was made. it wasn't like the Dragons were hiding anything from anyone. Everyone knew a Craig Edwards pickup would be sealing the deal and also that he was suspended for 2 games in the winter semi-finals. If a mistake was made about Ladner being an affiliated league which it wasn't, it was simply a mistake. BC Soccer should make a better effort in informing what leagues are affiliate or not. It's easy to add one web page to their website.

But if people are using a technicality as tool to win, IN PRINCIPLE, if it's shown that a player is playing in 2 summer affiliated leagues, that player is inelgible, thus making his team default. If not, that's a farce.

What some ttper's get pissed off is sometimes league/association officials do not keep their word. If they okay something, shouldn't they sometimes accept some portion of the blame if something goes wrong? They never do and that's a problem.

Wasn't there a situation in the winter where VMSL Premier Firemen had a player serve his suspension, didn't have his card. With VMSL officals at the game, the referee discuss the situation and the green light was given to Firemen to play the player with a card. Then a month later, Firemen were docked points for using an ineligible player and subsequently they missed out on provincials. Here's an example of the officials saying one thing, then changing their mind after the fact. Again, never accepting an ounce of blame.

All this is crap. Hope in the future, everything is settle on the field, and not in the forum or in the courts. Obviously if BC soccer says a person is eligible, be careful, he may not be.

advil junkie

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colleen,

The last thing the Richmond teams wanted was the Brag-ons to be disqualified. The Richmond league has 3 or 4 good teams and the rest are shite. Everyone enjoys playing the Dragons as it is always a clean competitive game but contrary to popular belief it is not always a blow-out for the Dragons and the games are usually close. To put things in perspective the Richmond league is an over 30's league and the Dragons still didn't win it. The Dragons are the team of the future but I have never heard a team self promote so much that hasn't won anything! Until you become like the Captain and have to put an addition on your house to store all your trophys I think I would keep my mouth shut.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the allblacks are one of the top premier teams in richmond you guys should be in the B cup. We outplayed them and are simply a better team we were missing 5 starters from the season and took it to them. Yes they got the win by tieing the game with exactly 45 seconds to go, says the linesmen, it was a fluke scramble goal shite happens they got the win. I know a win is a win but they would compete for top spot in fraservalley div 2 nothing more. Not to say they don't have a good team it was a tight game but I think anybody that watched the game would say we are the better team. it was nice too slot one past their keeper today he was one of my teachers in highschool.

leftrightout

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what sucks? Going to Bruce Yule in good faith to get a player ruling. Getting a definitive answer... Kickin everyone's ass then some scared chicken sihit team finds a "technicality" Lets play ball and decide matters on the field.

colleen

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
advil junkie said:
Colleen,

The last thing the Richmond teams wanted was the Brag-ons to be disqualified. The Richmond league has 3 or 4 good teams and the rest are shite. Everyone enjoys playing the Dragons as it is always a clean competitive game but contrary to popular belief it is not always a blow-out for the Dragons and the games are usually close. To put things in perspective the Richmond league is an over 30's league and the Dragons still didn't win it. The Dragons are the team of the future but I have never heard a team self promote so much that hasn't won anything! Until you become like the Captain and have to put an addition on your house to store all your trophys I think I would keep my mouth shut.

Who said I played for the dragons? I play in Surrey women's league.
Before the tourney, no one heard of the dragons. Not sure how they are promoting themselves except now people know they have a decent team that has lots of ex-VMSL premier players and can't surprise teams anymore.

If Captain joins them next year, does that given them more respect? He'll fit in no problem.

Hey Advil, if they are the team of the future and you say it's an over 30's league, then it's going to be a short future. :wa: :wa:

advil junkie

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going to apply the Brag-ons managers technique in dealing with B.C soccer to my dating life. No,No,No,No,No, -o.k yes but only if you stop asking. B.C soccer only said yes after the Dragons manager told them that the Ladner over 35 league was affiliated. Which it isn't. The fact that you don't fill out any registration forms is a bit of a clue.

advil junkie

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colleen,
I never said you played for anyone I just responded to your post. Signing the Captain would definitly give them some cred. and improve the social nights. Even if you sign half the Whitecaps and don't win anything your still a team that hasn't won anything.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
advil junkie said:
bulljive,
it must suck to lose to a really shitty team that couldn't compete in Fraser Valley div.2

actually you fukcin wank I said they would compete for top spot in div 2 in the fraservalley nothing more, and yes losing is shitty. However I still went home happy end of the day we did better then all the teams in VMSL and competed with a top premier team from the richmond league. They had a good squad I just thought we were better, but somebody had too lose today it was us. end of the day we didn't need to cheat like the teams from the richmond league :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts