Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Men's B Provincial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting how we can only assume that one Richmond team accused another Richmond team of using a player who was suspended at the end of league play. Accusations and phone calls between league officials were flying, but all for not. What a waste of a sunny day. Sometimes you'll try anything to win....

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
delta won this morning against rival titans 2-1..then lost second game 2-0 but we're through play richmond all blacks 11:30am...tired as f*ck..had a good night in hottub though we'll see how the running will be...out

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
kurgan said:
Apparently, Burnaby Inter is coming out of group A.
Don't tell me the All Blacks protest worked again??!! Those fcuking whiners, they do it every cup round to eliminate the toughest competition.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the protest about? I saw the All Blacks play against the Hurricanes and they are a shite team as well with a few decent players. I don't think they'll be able to win this thing but you never know.

The Hurricanes were winning their last game 3-0 Franchise late in the second half when I left.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just checked the BC soccer website and it says that Richmond Dragons were disqualified for the use of an ineligible player. That's crap. They went 3-0 and outscored the opposition 17-2 in 3 fcukin games. So, semis are:Juan de Fuca v Burnaby Inter and NDFC v Rmd All-Blacks.
Personally, I'm surprised N.Enderby Timberwolves didn't get out of group D. We played these guys last year, and they were good. They beat us in pks in the first group game. Strong team. I've played against the all-blacks many times over the past years, they're solid through the middle, but not a team I would pick to win this thing. Don't know anything about the 3 other semifinalists. I'm sure Rmd Dragons would've won it, if they weren't dq'd. Anyone know who the player in question was? or who filed the protest?
I'll pick NDFC to win it all.

TS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW!

Maybe No Right Peg actually used it in a match?

For a tournament that allows you to put players on your team that didn't even play with you during the season, it seems it would be pretty tough to launch a protest? Really, how the hell would an opposing team even know?

TBH, that 'rule' alone makes this 'championship' a farce :rolleyes:

(and no, I'm not knocking the teams in it, just BC Soccer for using FVSL-style rules for cups) :D

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We saw Burnaby Inter play before our first game and they did not look strong. A few hotheads and not a lot of skill. NDFC to win it all.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
it seems it would be pretty tough to launch a protest? Really, how the hell would an opposing team even know?:D

Their goalie received a red card in his last league cup game. Dragons were going to sit him two games in the tourny than play him but after talking to whoever organized the tourny, they were told if he sat his two game suspension in his summer league than he would be eligible.

How would an opposing team even know? How would any team even know? Well, two players from the All Blacks watched the goalies final league cup game and knew he received a card. That is the only way anybody would have even known without doing some intense type of research. The ref never took his player ID card and his red card isn't even posted on the RSSL website. What a classless act by a team who has down this before. The two teams wouldn't even have met until the final for christ sake!

In a nut shell, Dragons got screwed. They thought they were doing the right thing and they could have won their first two games without a goalie.

Championships are decided on the pitch not a political forum.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right then,

We, the Dragons, picked up a player for the tournament who had received a suspension at the end of the Richmond season. We knew about it - we had a player of our own who also had a suspension from summer league. On Friday we checked to ensure the eligibility of the players. We were told that because the player playing in the summer league got a card on Tuesday night, he was not eligible for the first game as he needed to serve his suspension. Accordingly, we did not play him. We were also told that the other player's suspension was deemed to have been served as he sat out an appropriate number of summer league games. We played him.

The catch here is that the summer league in which he played his games is not officially affiliated with BC Soccer and, thus, doesn't count. We were ruled to have played an ineligible player and lost the points. The kicker is that this was our keeper who probably touched the ball 5 or 6 times in each of the three games. We were perfectly willing to sit him out until told differently.

Up until now, I've been quiet about the tournament and our team, but I'll say this without hesitation now. We were the strongest team there and the Richmond Dragons should be Provincial 'B' Cup champions. If we were going to lose it, it would have been a lot easier to handle if it happened on the pitch.

We do not know who made the protest and, really, the point is moot. I would ask that people not point fingers unless they can back it up with facts. I would not like anyone else's championship to be unfairly marred with accusations of unsporting behaviour.

I'd like to thank everyone involved with the dragons team this year. The management has been simply the best I've been around in years and I've had a ton of fun playing with a great group of guys. It is pretty heartbreaking to work for something for the whole year and lose it this way. Rest assured that the team will be back in force next year. With a large chip on our shoulders.

Good luck to the teams remaining.

-kurgan

(Oh, and the first game was actually 6-2. 3-0, 18 for, 2 against and out. Sigh.)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy crap - Dragons disqualified??? Kurgan/NR Peg - what gives?

Dragons ALL class this tourney and were head and shoulders above all the other teams - EASILY. Really sorry to hear they are out as there are some good fellas over there.

As for Belmont - we were an embarassment. 0-3 record and played all games very shorthanded. In hindsight we should not have accepted the invitation but I thought we would be able to put a team together on short notice. Many thanks for the help from our 3 Bombastic and 1 PG United additions.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
kurgan said:
We do not know who made the protest and, really, the point is moot. I would ask that people not point fingers unless they can back it up with facts. I would not like anyone else's championship to be unfairly marred with accusations of unsporting behaviour.

Good point, and one that we all should listen to. I only know the facts that I stated and what the RSSL told me on the phone. No names were mentioned, just hinted at.

Good luck to the teams playing in the downpour this morning...

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan said it all!
I would just like to say that everyone needs to stop pointing accusing fingers unless they have first hand knowledge. It was not the All-Blacks so leave them out of it!

Good Luck them and may the winners truly earn the title!

The Dragons are out but we are far from gone. We WILL see you next year!

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Muck,

There's always room for you! However, I fear that with 2 left footers who have blinding pace and limitless lungs it will simply be too easy! Although. we could use a player who has done what few have done....won the quad in what is unquestionably the most difficult league anywher...the RSSL!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta FC 1 - 1 Richmond All Blacks (All Blacks won in PK's)
Juan De Fuca 2 - 0 Burnaby Inter

Delta took a 1-0 lead on a nice play with about 20 mins to go, and then choked right at the end and gave up the equaliser on a bit of scramble that first got headed off the cross-bar and then finally into the net.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it looks like the FVSL has "difficulties" at both the "A" level AND the "B" level... maybe they should start a women's division? :D

Or maybe the league should make all teams take in at least one Masters game a year to see how it's done :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts