Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2004 Imperial Cup Results and various

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2004 Imperial Cup Draw

Bby 5 - 0 Peg "B"

Peg showed up with 10 men! Shocking to say the least. If I were on that team I would be furious. The 1st team transfered 6( I think) players at the deadline and left them with 12 on a roster in a Cup tournament they had no business being in.

As for us we had 11 with me returning late that day from the East Coast and another coming at halftime which forced us to dig really deep into the bag of unsigned players and we found 3 new faces. Three kids that were part of the past two Championship teams out of Abbotsford Youth! Kids played well and have a good future in the VMSL with us :D

OntotheSerbs:eek:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2004 Imperial Cup Draw

Ready for the game, Regs?

I'm going to Pro-Am Sports right now to use my $50 gift certificate. Do they carry air horns and flares?

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peg 2 - Croatia 1

Very entertaining game, especially in the last 5-10 mins. Costley with the winner in the second half, lots of yellows and two reds.

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

john said:
Bby 5 - 0 Peg "B"

Peg showed up with 10 men! Shocking to say the least. If I were on that team I would be furious. The 1st team transfered 6( I think) players at the deadline and left them with 12 on a roster in a Cup tournament they had no business being in.

As for us we had 11 with me returning late that day from the East Coast and another coming at halftime which forced us to dig really deep into the bag of unsigned players and we found 3 new faces. Three kids that were part of the past two Championship teams out of Abbotsford Youth! Kids played well and have a good future in the VMSL with us :D

OntotheSerbs:eek:
There were only 2 at the transfer deadline. 10 players with 1 on cards, 1 working, 1 in TO and 2 MIA.

Average age last night 18.5 years old and BBY Premier only beat them 5-0

Good showing for the young lads, might be a better result with some youth call-ups but MGR. missed permit time to call up from Youth Program.

Peg 2 Croatia 1

I've heard less whining from my ex-wives than Johnny S. today. Did someone forget his bottle or what!!!

Peg palyed 1/2 the game a man down because of a Red but hung on and got a lucky bounce off the Keeper's back.

NTG

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AFC 3-1 S.Temple
AFC have a mixture of good players and mediocre players. Imperial finalists is a bit of a stretch.

Cliff Ave. 2-1 Polska
This game could've gone either way. Polska with a great chance to finishin extra time. Then 5 minutes later Cliff with the golden goal.

Richmond beat Sportstown!!
This only a rumour. Anyone?

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I.B
RUFC did beat firemen today 2-1, I will leave Animal with the details. Oh by the way which excuse do you think they will use?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If any team could afford to lose this weekend, it would have to be Firetown with the amount of league games they have left to play... great result by Richmond though! (even if Ginger's Footy Survivor is a pile of rubbish!!!!! :D )

In our match today, agreed that it was entertaining... Personally I thought we were crap for large stretches of the match but somehow we managed to dig down and do what needed to get done.

Johnny S. definitely doesn't mind a moan or two... very lucky to stay on the park with the amount of diving and rolling around he produced in the first 25 minutes or so... he was invisible after that though.

First half ended 1-1 with Reedy opening the scoring on a clinical header... Croats tied it up on a screamer of a strike off of a free kick. Gav was sent off for his second yellow briefly before the half.

About 15 minutes into the second, Jinky (the one who can play soccer well, not to be confused with the one on TTP that can't) sent a long ball into the box that Adam managed to get a head onto to put past the shakey Croat keeper (who I might add is much faster that he appears to be :D )

We hung on to end the game and break the curse the Croats held over us the last 10 years in Imperial Cup play :D

~Regs.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If any team could afford to lose this weekend, it would have to be Firetown

Afford yes, but nobody likes losing to the Idiots ;)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, I'd like to say Johnny S was mauled the entire first half. I saw him take an elbow to the eye by Peg's last man and the ref wasn't calling anything. Now I know Johnny S can be a moaner, in Croatian summer soccer last year I told him I was going to slap him all over the picnic grounds for calling me a cheater...he subbed himself off out of fear, but today he had every right to voice his opinion to the shite reffing. As for the result, Peg was fcuking lucky. They were out played by a faster, younger, better skilled, better looking team. Good thing Regs was too scared to take the bet.:)

Cheers
CDK

PS. The Peg birds were checking me out outside the change rooms.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
About 15 minutes into the second, Jinky (the one who can play soccer well, not to be confused with the one on TTP that can't)

wouldn't it be easier just to say dailly?

absolutely fabulous result for the idiots today. well done lads. pints will be flowing tonite. happy b-day kippax!!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done, RUFC. Hopefully a little bit of your fortune can rub off on the Hoops tomorrow because after last weekend's display, we will need it big time......

So far, the superior premier teams have certainly had problems with the inferior first division teams. It must just be the conditions of the fields...... :D :rolleyes: Hopefully that trend continues tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath though.......:(

lp79

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 1 West Van trollers 0 :bronco:

A tight one today at Ambleside, But had to pull out the victory for Bryan donalds 25th birthday. Continued the winning ways at mount seymour pub!!!!
Good game trollers played well with some good pressure towards the end but Sap scoring early in the first half was the key!!!!!!!!!
On to the second round..

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A tight one today at Ambleside, But had to pull out the victory for Bryan donalds 25th birthday. Continued the winning ways at mount seymour pub!!!!

I don't think so. He has underwear older than 25. :eek:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in a double header of matches today. First on the menu was the Trollers v. Sapperton. Beautiful day at Ambleside and Stella was making it an even better day. Fairly even game with Sapperton scoring about 10-15 minutes in. A little bit of a scramble that ended up in the back of the net. Trollers did not fold and had some good chances, but no finish. Trollers were unlucky not to send the game to Golden Goal. Trollers really missed the Carphins, since it was a hard working grind it out style of game. Shane started the match, but the hamstring injury he has had all year sent him to the sideline after about 30 minutes. I believe Ryan was serving a suspension. Trollers really lacked any bench strength that might have made a difference in the final scoreline.

Finished up the day watching the Cliff lads vs. Polska. Man of the Match by a longshot was Big Mario between the pipes. He made a bunch of key saves to send it to Golden Goal. Cliff took a 1-0 lead in the second half, but Polska fought back to send it to overtime. Mario had a few one on one stops ........ especially one in the second half when Jimmy Holiday was the last man back and coughed up the ball and it was a clear breakaway for the Polska striker. Mario denied the Polska player when he came out with the albatros like wing span and stopped the shot. Holiday was more concerned at checking to see if it was a boot problem that caused the turnover ..... when he probably should have at least thanked Mario for bail out. Hopefully Mario got a few pints after the game for his efforts. Off to Golden Goal it was. 5 minutes in and Mario made his best save of the game. A reflex save on a well hit ball from about 18 yards out. A couple minutes later, a nice overlap run by the Cliff right back and he crossed the ball hard and low into the box. It hit a few things and looped over the goalie for the victory. Cliff is off to the second round. Walks was in the middle and went unnoticed from my vantage point. So, in other words, he had a good match. At least he thinks he did. ;) ;) ;)

Jags

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 2- 1 Firetoon

Great result for the lads today.....and I am sure the party will go till the weeee hours of the night!

From players on both sides the result was fair.

I guess when it comes down to it when one team has everything to play for and another has everthing to lose this is what happens, and ain't it sweet :D

Again, well done boys and don't let one win satisfy you..................next week is just as big!

Congrats RUFC!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sapperton A 1 - Trollers 0

Overall I thought Sapperton were the better team on the day with more scoring chances including a bad hand ball (accidental but should have been called) they were not awarded in the second half.

The last part of the first half West Van showed a bit of extra passion and came on fairly well and again in the last 10 minutes of the game when Sapperton striker Trevor Todd was substituted for a midfielder. In what appeared - from a spectators view - to be an attempt to go to one strker to bolster the defence, Sapperton completely lost shape and its attack for the final 10 as they had all but Luke Hogan back. This could have led to the tying goal but didn't.

The odd thing about the Trevor Todd substitution was that it came when he was making great runs through the Troller back line following what I thought was a bit of slow first half for him.

The Sapperton goal by Shane Mummery came 15 minutes into the first half from a scramble started by a long Ted Ulrich shot that was deflect=ted to the right of the goal where Paul Favaro made a great slide to win the ball away from the GK and eventually it ended up on Shane's head. Too far away to see how if Paul got it there or not.

During the final 10 the only guy who seemed to realize that attacking was better than sitting back was central defender Brian Donald who had a terrific game anchoring the back line. Other than this last part of the game, Sapperton were never in danger of losing this one despite the tight score.

The WV side sure complain a lot. If they made a 25% shift downward in their overall rate of complaining and a corresponding increase in their work rate, they'd do much better on the score board. I am not sure if this side is the overall worst group of whiners in Premier or not, but the whole lot would stop at times to complain rather than play. The complaints at times may have been justified but it was the number of on field players complaining simultaneiously rather than playing that caught my attention. These guys had enough fans, coaches and subs to let them do the bitching.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0