Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[2003 OVER 30s POLL] Who will win group 5?

Who will win

• Scotland

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • England

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • India

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Slovakia

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[OVER 30s POLL] Who will win group 5?

Just for Crafty :D

Rumour is that Scotlands O30 squad is vastly superior to their open squad. OK, not a very well kept secret :eek:

Scotland it is.

~Regs.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, yes.... but....

Never discount the ability of a true Scottish team snatching defeat from the jaws of certain victory.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
This is true :D

~Regs.

PS. apparently you can have a custom title now. :rolleyes: :D

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GROUP 5

Cheers Regs,

Scotland are stacked once again. I don't know why they don't just say England, India, Slovakia & Surrey United.:confused:

Anyway, we have some new and younger additions this year to replace some veterans from past years and we do look stronger on paper. Having said that, once you hit the beer garden mixed in with the sunshine you can throw the form book out of the window.

As a member and captain of this squad, this will probably be my last year in this section as at 42 I think I'll be the next veteran for the chop next year.:eek:

ENGLAND ALL THE WAY

Craftyhopingtogooutwithawinnersmedal

Cheers:D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland is missing a few 3peat champion regulars this year (K Bey, B Rosalund, D Ellenwood,...D Rosalind playing over 38's...no Glen Johnston...Ron Cuthbert(coaching not playing)...a few additions but we'll be in tough in our group to move on that's for sure.
Especially with all the tactical and line-up permutations that Crafty and company have been simulating since last year.:D
I'll be in the back again trying to stymie 5bigtoes' quest for glory.

England are definitely overdue :eek:
and most doubtedly the team to beat :cool:

...then again India has a lot of skill and don't drink pints in between games

Scotland will certainly have their hands full with a Slovak squad that Czechs out fine...but of course they're no Greece Lightning and lack that Ballbaby bravado.:wa:

The most important issue in our group however is the 5:45 start time and the poor beer garden logistics:mad:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can We re-vote

Aves, you named more good players missing than you have said are playing (with the exception of yourself). We voted here under false pretences!

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
secret weapon

Plus we have a secret weapon:D Super ally ( Alistair McCoist) He won't be able to make the first game, he is in Whistler, but he is going to try to get to the second, against England, but Sunday looks like a sure bet.
We will definatley be competitive, but we have lost some quality players.

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just played in a summer game last night with a guy that plays for Slovakia over 30's, and he was saying that they have picked up numerous players that played with England over 30's last year. It seems that these players are absolutely choked with the way things were run last year by England (Peace Arch/Delta United) management. With these additions of many ex pros (NASL) and ex provincial champs, the Slovaks could be a force. They're not worried about winning their group, but they want to hammer England. Keep your heads up Limeys!:D :cool:

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weird combination

Originally posted by futbol
Just played in a summer game last night with a guy that plays for Slovakia over 30's, and he was saying that they have picked up numerous players that played with England over 30's last year.

I find it odd that there are numerous guys who qualify to play for both England and Slovakia. Slovakian Englishmen, that's unheard of :confused: .
Scotland wins anyway

SILVER

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JOIN THE CLUB

Originally posted by futbol
They're not worried about winning their group, but they want to hammer England. Keep your heads up Limeys!:D :cool:

Them and everybody else in the tournament. We get used to it. Same shite different year.! ;)

Craftywillbereadyforslovakiansnipers

Cheers:D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
england vs. scotland

We looked over at the 20 something crowd of red shirts in the warm up and it felt like a scene from braveheart with the scots outnumbered...we were under the gun a bit in the 1st half but managed to take it to them in the 2nd half...England was less than happy with the referee but Scotland comes out on top.:D

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dreams can come true

Miracles do happen and there is such a thing as fairy tale endings.
For all you kids out there, follow your heart, you never know what may happen.

Two miracles in one day..... Ben Curtis wins the British Open and Scotland wins in the Over 30's...;) :eek:

Cheers

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a great weekend.

Many thanks to Ronnie, Tommy, Cainy and the rest of the Scotland side for giving me the last minute addition into the squad.

I just soaked it all in and two things at the end stuck with me.

1.) Captain my Captain:

Immediately after our captian Sully accepted the trophy he looked at me, showed me the cup and said:
"Freeazar: You'll never know how much it means to me to accept this trophy".
Stating the obvious, not the winning of it but the inscription.
Here's to Danny Burns bhoys.

2.) Jinky:
When McCoist put on the Scotland top, shortly after he was asked:
"How do you feel wearing a jersey with Celtic on it?"
His reply:
"It's really what it's all about isn't it?"
All class.
He was very cordial and gracious to both the Blue Noses and the Hoopsters.

Wearrrapeepl,

Scotlandforever

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by CDK
Any of you see Lui Miljanovic humiliate the O-30's England midfield on Sunday?

I did.

In a game that we dominated the midfield in the first half, we certainly let Lui and the rest of the Slovakian midfield have their way with us in the second.

Englandthebestfirsthalfteaminthetourny

Cheers

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0