Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003/2004 VMSL Rumours and Scuttlebutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately Cptn. Sham,

There is no truth to that rumour....Our team is looking good and we are looking forward to our match against Peg this weekend.

Some cuts were made and both team lost a few players but in order for a merger to be successful both teams have to sacrifice.

I just hope I get a chance to kick Regs this weekend (In a nice way)

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firetoon

Captain

I will confirm your report that there is turmoil in the Sportstown/Firemen camp. I was one of the former firemen that have been let go so I have very little to report. The latest i have heard is that there should be several of our key players from last year that will be joining the Firemen 'C'lects in Div 2 this year. The problems are not over yet as there is still some things to sort out, but that is the latest that i know of.

revolutionarylookingforateamtoplayfornow!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, Revolutionary/Zeus. Obviously two sides to the story and that is understandable. However, I'm sure EVERYONE involved in the merger must have had their doubts. I know I did and I wasn't even playing within the team. Good luck to everyone involved.

There is always a place here for you, Rev, if you're interested. :)

Captain

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pippo, rumor has it that the Inter Camp is begging Tomasi to sign.

Doug Roselund new coach at Columbus!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have only played One Game

Originally posted by zenga
new coach at Columbus!

Coaches don't have a very long life span at Columbus, you loss the first game of the season and you are out. How long will the new guy last.
I hear that Columbus has many good but very young players this year.

hos

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS

He was let go before the season started.

We have some great YOUNG talent. Three from the U-17 National team.

We will be ok not taking anything away from Sporting (they spanked us) but when we get eveything together we will be ok.

Hopefully sooner than latter.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not DAMAGE

Originally posted by Zaurrini
Inter have signed DAMAGE for this weekends game....

I would like to change my pick from Weakside to Inter please:rolleyes:

Is he bring out the Red Boots.
You guys must be short players, are you the 13th man Zaurrini?

hos

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo???

Can anyone comment on how Indo look this year, I see they have lost their first two games, I know it is a long season, and the first couple of games are hard some times when you have a some new faces.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours at Camp Croatia

Well, Bronco has made his return to Croatia, and now there has been a player expelled from training. Babic was asked to leave training this week, and rumours have it that he has signed with Khalsa for the rest of the season. This should add to the depth at the Khalsa Camp, with Leetchy Tactics on his way back from his term at SFU.
Sorry to Spictacular, I hurt the big man at training on Tuesday, sorry bigman, take care of that peg.

Any other big Mid-Season rumours out there.

hos

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It'll be tough for Babic to add depth to Khalsa while he's still scoring goals for Croatia, like yesterday!!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just Stirring the Pot

He defenitly won't add as much Depth as Bronco brings to the Croatia Back-line. Did I say Depth, I meant width;) ,
You guys scored some cracker goals on Sunday, very nice.

hos

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

Why would you change the game from the Mercer Turf to Queen's Park, in the middle of the rainy season?...........Unless, I should assume that if QP gets closed, we will be moved to Mercer?

Sandman

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mercer & QP

Sandman

Your question, though on the surface seems like a simple question, is a rather complex one.

1. We get the Mercer turf through New West youth. However, this week the youth have some sort of playoff games going on and they need the field. Thus, Sap is out. We get moved to QP.

2. But wait, QP is always closed in the winter. You think I don't know this? However, QP is open for Khalsa Friday nighters, but not for Sap Saturday nooners.....go figure...that's the parks dept. for ya.

3. I mentioned to Ruben to maybe schedule us somewhere else; perhaps Adanac. If this can be arranged, great.

4. But, frankly, I hate turf I will not play a home game there unless I absolutely have to.

So really, I don't know where our game is going to be. But if it keeps raining, all games will be cancelled, and my points are mute ;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Latest Notice

Did not want to start another thread for this, so it goes here, but it is not a rumour.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE #3

2004/01/08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRANSFERS: The transfer deadline is January 15, 2004. In order for a player to transfer to another team, the proper form must be completed. It must be signed by the player, the manager of the outgoing team, the manager of the incoming team, the registrar of the outgoing league, and the registrar of the incoming league. Furthermore, the player’s ID card must be presented with the transfer form and the $15 fee to the VMSL office. The VMSL office will be open on Friday, January 9 and on Saturday, January 10 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. We will also deal with last minute transfers on Thursday, January 15 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

TEAM FINES: By now our teams should be aware of the fact that fines are issued for a variety of reasons. The most common are: Field preparation (lining, nets, flags); appropriate uniforms (the home team must deal with colour conflicts); misbehaviour by players, officials, and fans; delaying the start of the match—for whatever reason; lack of identification cards. Please remember that the referee does not have to remind you of any of the above infractions. It is your responsibity!!!

Any complaints about referees are to be done in writing, using the Referee Assessment form that we provided you at the beginning of the season.

IMPERIAL CUP: 31 teams have entered the Imperial Cup. As always, the 4 semi-finalists will qualify for the Province Cup. We have yet to establish the date for the Imperial Cup draw. As soon as we have set a date, our members will be notified. Please remember that the CAT system will not be in effect during Cup play.

DIVISION 2 CUP: All 48 Division 2 teams have been entered in the Division 2 Cup—a competition that leads to the Provincial ‘B’ Cup. In fact, the two finalist teams—and maybe one or two more—in the VMSL Division 2 Cup will qualify for the Provincial Cup. The CAT system will not be in effect during Cup play.

UNDER 21 VMSL CUP: At the conclusion of the 15 game regular season—if time permits—the Under 21 teams will be divided into two seeded groups of 4 teams. The teams will then play a round-robin within each group. To two top teams will qualify for the semi-finals. The winners of the semi-finals will then play for the VMSL Under 21 Cup. If time does not permit round-robin play, we will revert back to a single knock-out format. The CAT system will not be in effect during Cup play.

PROVINCE CUP: There will be 3 different Provincial Cup competitions involving VMSL teams this year: 1) The Open Men’s Province Cup will start on April 17/18, 2004. The final will be held at Swangard Stadium on May 15, 2004, just before a Whitecaps game. The VMSL will be represented by 8 teams, 4 of which will be the Imperial Cup semi-finalists. The other 4 teams will be the top teams in the Premier Division—regardless of which group they come from. 2) The Under 21 Provincial Cup will consist of 12 teams—four of which will come from the VMSL. The final will be held on May 8, 2004 at Town Centre Stadium in Coquitlam. The top four teams in the final standings will represent the VMSL. 3) The Men’s ‘B’ Cup will consist of a 16-team tournament and will be held in June 2004 at a site yet to be determined. The VMSL will be represented by 2, 3, or 4 teams. The CAT system will not be in effect in ANY cup play.

Play ON

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know who Platinum is?
He has torn the Indo camp apart, accusations are abundant! We have heard that he played his youth soccer in Delta. Must be a teacher, being a valley boy and all.

Platinum, you out there?

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
While I'm at it...anyone seen Ollie Heald? He is MIA, hasn't been seen since his freekick landed on Riverway Golf Course vs Bby. The transfer deadline is looming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0