Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Div. 2 Cup

Originally posted by Blaze rep.1
Last year we didn't stand a chance as Cliff Ave. had the division won so we basically made the cup our priority...beating Cliff Ave. in the process.
ya and quite the win it was.The mighty orange knocked u around the park for 89 minutes only to have a fluke goal scored on the one chanche blaze had all day.You guys definately got lucky that day and you know it.However,a "win" is a win and blaze got the cup.With cliff on to bigger and better things,i think it will definately be a team from 2a bringing home the cup and i do think the blaze are the team to beat,but they can be taken.

btw,what happenned to your big cb?(dude with the afro)
he was the difference in the cup win last year.when we played u guys you had one of your forwards back there

Duke

Jun 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Champlain's Keeper
hey Duke if we can help out in your cause can we get some Stella's as well?

DONE!!

Now show me that can surprise the league!

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes we were lucky that day Rikajoke as C.A. dominated most of the play, but they squandered the chances they did have as our D had a great game.

a team from 2a bringing home the cup and i do think the blaze are the team to beat,but they can be taken.

I'd only agree with that if CA was back in Div. 2a......Haven't seen any teams from 2C play this year but the Cougars gave us a great game last year.

Our centre back was away for a while but he's back in tha house now. We've had to play around with our lineup a bit during his departure and things have gone fairly well without him. It will be nice to have him back.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Underdogs prevail?

Gurps- I believe you may be right judging from the previous result we had against them( before I joined) and their general results but I always show up at the park looking for a win:) Looking forward to our meeting as well but I think we'll be fortunate to get a game this week judging from the downpour I just finished working in. There's also another 2cat match before us at noon if they even play which might just do in the pitch :mad: Good luck this weekend!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Angryman, I was just trying to get your lot pumped, so that you could beat Westside, thus keeping some distance between themselves and us:D

As for David Lam, it was a very nice pitch at the start, two weeks ago, when the pitch was suppose to be closed, they played three games on it. I believe that was the day you scored two goals;)

Anyways, good luck.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 6 - United nationals 1

I'll keep it short. There not very good and the only thing that caused us trouble was the horrible condition of Mcbride. Axl Rose, their goalie in headband and sunglasses during play, shoc-king.
Onto the Primos next week.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Consider it mucked. Actually it's not as bas as it sounded. there were a few spots of standing water(puddles). the side away from 4th by the half was a mud patch but most of the rest of it was allright. We've played on worse before but i have no idea how it will look tommorrow. Any rain and i thinkk your screwed. the ref said he would start the game today but if field started to tear up he would abandon. The field in a few spots started to tear up about 10 minutes in but i guess he forgot. 20% got chewed up i think. bring a towel to clean up with afterwards.

Heater we have at games is money though. No cold sideline for the Blaze. Didn't even need Brandy today.
:D

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 1- WFC 0

What a game!
We were badly outplayed in the first half as WFC took it to us for the whole 45, as we just tried to weather the storm. We had a couple good chances, but they hit the post and should've scored a couple. 0-0 at the half. Second half was more even with them hitting the bar and both teams having some chances. We pushed forward towards the end, looking for the win, and sure enough we got one in second half inury time. It was a clinical finish low and hard to the corner. They pressed on till the final whistle but couldn't get one back. We needed this game more than any other this season. We still have an outside chance at promo, being 6 pts out of first with 2 games in hand. WUS still has the upper hand, but hopefully we can get some help from the JBs. Anyways, on to PGS B, and hopefuly another win to continue the roll into the break.

Go RFC

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ay Caramba

Keeper- I know you are probably very depressed and\or sh*tfaced-What up?

Tsenghera- I hope you are sh*itfaced after that win. Your version?

My "a" team seems to have been smartly spanked by Alemania 4-nil. Not what I was expecting. Anyone got any info?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos - Blaze

I'm not playing next week. Either my wife is going to deliver this week or will be induced next weekend, so the game for me is a no go ... :( So from a selfish point of view I would like to see the game PPD until after Christmas.

That said, if the game is played I expect our boys to play a stronger game than last time. I don't know if we could come out any flatter than we did in the first game anyways...

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From my selfish point, I would like to see that there are rain outs til Febuary as I have a fractured ankle. Keep on coming rain! and maybe some snow!

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen vs Power Rangers

I missed the first half of the game, so I will only comment on the second half. 0-0 at the half. Power Rangers went up 1-0 on a defensive screw up. Firemen were carrying most of the play. About five minutes later we scored two quick goals and tht was how it ended. We had no subs until I showed up the injuries are starting to creep up. Just in time for the Christmas break.

Somebody needs to beat THe BLAZE. Come on Primos lets keep this 3 way race interesting.....

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Axl Rose- Goalkeepr

I was parked behind their goal for the second half. Before i subbed on i was looking for someone to have a Guns and Roses CD with November Rain on it. i thought I'd crank the car stereo and have it playing in behind him. Unfortunately noone had a cd with it and we didn't think the radio request would be played quick enough.

on another note, you gotta love the fact that the United Nationals have Madame Cleo's sponsorship on their jerseys.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. T

I heard Richmond won. Congrats, I hope you guys got high and wasted; or vice versa. Whats going on, new signings or what? Who you got? I heard you got some Akal guys and Reshams boys. But anyway congrats on your promo run and good luck. Its good to see that games being played after November actually mean something!

Pover

Oct 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus, if you guys spent less time posting and more time practicing, you might not be in Div 2 anymore.

Priorities though, I suppose.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last week I went to watch Clan vs Trollers at Hillcrest. I was more intrigued, however, with the Bingers vs Bosna game on adjacent pitch. The match bordered on ridiculous. Bingers looked like a Div 1 club, but Bosna looked everything like a middle of the road Division 2 team. There are 4 teams in 2A who would have given Bingers a good game (Blaze, Primos, Firemen, B United), with a good chance that 2 of those teams could have got a decent result out of the matchup.

It's somewhat infuriating that there really are some quality teams in Division 2 when you see crap like being played in Division 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0