Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your Trevor Linden favorite moment!

Goalsmith

May 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Reg, you are correct. It turns out Leslie Mclean had a fetish for guys with Brown as a last name. Just a coincidence there were two Jeffs/Geoffs.

Goalsmith

May 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a serious note, best moment for me was that last game. The crowd noise said it all. We love you Trevy!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really........the fork should have been stuck in Captain Canuck about 8 years ago.........

I don't think that is a fair or accurate comment.

Linden was an NHL allstar from around his 3rd or 4th season for about 4 or 5 years, Then he took on a different role where he would be a solid second line player and spend a lot of time on important faceoffs, chew up good ice time against the other teams top line, and kill penalties, while still piling up points.

He had 30 or more goals until the 96/97 season except his sophomore season with 21 and the abbreviated season where he would have potted 36 goals if his pace continued for the full season.

His trade to the islanders, then subsequent trips to Montreal and Washington effectively turned him into a top Defensive NHL forward. Remember he was in Nagano (rightly or wrongly) as a leader and top defensive forward.

When he returned this city's love affair was in full swing...For the person, not the player.

But just because he did produce offensively once upon a time does not mean that when he returned here that he couldn't be an effective defensive forward on the 3rd line...

8 years ago... He split the season between Montreal and Washington and put up 37 points in 69 games on two really horrible teams from the third line.

I wonder how long ago Derrian Hatcher should have had the fork plunge into him ;)

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think that is a fair or accurate comment.

Linden was an NHL allstar from around his 3rd or 4th season for about 4 or 5 years, Then he took on a different role where he would be a solid second line player and spend a lot of time on important faceoffs, chew up good ice time against the other teams top line, and kill penalties, while still piling up points.

He had 30 or more goals until the 96/97 season except his sophomore season with 21 and the abbreviated season where he would have potted 36 goals if his pace continued for the full season.

His trade to the islanders, then subsequent trips to Montreal and Washington effectively turned him into a top Defensive NHL forward. Remember he was in Nagano (rightly or wrongly) as a leader and top defensive forward

When he returned this city's love affair was in full swing...For the person, not the player.

But just because he did produce offensively once upon a time does not mean that when he returned here that he couldn't be an effective defensive forward on the 3rd line...

8 years ago... He split the season between Montreal and Washington and put up 37 points in 69 games on two really horrible teams from the third line.

I wonder how long ago Derrian Hatcher should have had the fork plunge into him ;)

Linden was an all star once maybe twice. This city has madly over glorified him. He scored 30 goals in a time when 80 goals were possible, so his stats don't mean too much.

Im with Captain on this one, happiest memory is of his retirement

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So when Yzerman took a reduced role and took on more defensive responsibilities and the Wings started amassing cups he was no longer an all-star?

obviously you have very little idea about how intangibles figure into the sport of hockey.

I am not trumpeting for Linden to get into the Hall of fame of anything, I just think people need reminding of how good, not great, Linden truly was before the whole Keenan/messier debacle.

And how many people ever scored 80 goals in one year!?
Hull (Did it once), Gretz (Did it Twice), Lemieux (Did it once),

Is anyone putting Linden in the same realm as those guys :rolleyes:

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linden was an all star once maybe twice. This city has madly over glorified him. He scored 30 goals in a time when 80 goals were possible, so his stats don't mean too much.

Im with Captain on this one, happiest memory is of his retirement

your an idiot. but i dont blame you. your parents must be cousins.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...not everyone is a fan. Chill out.

Frankly, he was above average everywhere else in the league, but reverred here for what he did in 1994 and before. That's OK, but if you aren't a 'Nucks fan, you are not likely a Linden fan.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...not everyone is a fan. Chill out.

Frankly, he was above average everywhere else in the league, but reverred here for what he did in 1994 and before. That's OK, but if you aren't a 'Nucks fan, you are not likely a Linden fan.

chances are all those sick kids and their parents aren't all canuck fans. for that alone he desereves to be madly over glorified by the city. these type of atheletes are very rare in todays society.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a fair comment, but again...you can't force someone to be a fan of his game if they aren't 'Nucks fans. Why would they be? He is not Yserman.

Chances are the Captain is a fan of him as a person, but not a player.

Just my suspicions. He may also think he's a total wank.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0