Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your Trevor Linden favorite moment!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Your Trever Linden favorite moment!

Here are my three most memoriable moments....

Best hit ever laid...

Best goal he ever scored....

Best Picture

Last edited by a moderator:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Game 7 Stanley Cup Final he was a beast.

Also taking the bus after school one day to meet him at Safeway on First Ave!

Thanks Trev!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

(1) Game 7 Stanley Cup Final 1994

(2) Conference cup lid falling off when lifting over head

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

After playing a hardfought game a dogtired Trevor spent time talking to my son in the dressing room, gave him a stick and then headed out to the corridor to take have his picture taken with him. He looked like a bag of shite but he did it with no questions asked. I was a bigger fan after that...

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tying up the Game against the Czech in the olympics.

My brother in laws nephew passed away May 21 this year to cancer at 13 years old. Trevor was at the Childrens hospital everyday the Canucks were in town. It meant alot to Spencer. Trevor is nothing but pure class. Spencer enjoyed many games at GM place because of Trevors generous nature.

Nothing but heart and class, something that is truly missing from alot of players in the NHL.

Cheers,

Trev

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That last one from robj sums him up for me.

Pure class!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow...not surprised to read that story though.

On the ice: '94...all of it, especially his unwillingness to conceed defeat in game 7.

He is a great example of an athlete who used every tool in his box as well as he could, who needed to do that in order to be competitive. Nobody will say he had great skills, speed, or finishing ability. He was an above average hitter in his prime. But, in terms of heart, he showed more "want" and desire than most, and it elevated him as a player to the upper echelons of the league. As it turned out, he probably wore out all his "tools" a little early, but he never left anything on the table.

I get the feeling that in terms of impact, we haven't seen anything yet. This guy just "gets it", and he will continue to make meaningful impact in peoples lives, and accomplish great things.

Thanks for representing us with such class, Trev.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Absolutely the classiest and best Canuck of all time.

Wasn't the most skilled, or toughest, but over the duration of his career was the best Player to wear the Nucks uni.

I remember when I was younger and my hockey team went to the Coliseum to play between the first and second period. We watched the Canucks get dismantled by the Kings and Gretzky that night. (90-91 season?)

We went to the place in behind the rink there where the players exited and the guys were off to their cars asap...Larionov, Smyl (Surprisingly), Adams, Lumme, Nedved, etc...

Then Linden, Kron, and Didcuk came out together, and Linden stopped, and I don't know if the other two stopped because he did, but he stood there signing jerseys, programs, and hockey cards for a very very long time. I was at the back of the pack and he and Diduck made sure everyone had their stuff signed, and told off the Old Guys that were climbing over the kids for Memorabilia autographs...

I have had the luck to avoid ever having to be at Childrens Hospital or Canuck Place, but you see through the media and through peoples stories about how Linden's committment to that cause is second to none, and that for me is probably the most important thing about Linden, was that he gave back to this city and community more than anyone could have asked or expected him to.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

All class as been said before, and because of that can the thread title at least spell his name right?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

We have come to expect general unintelligence from the thread starter. Call it apathy.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude Trevor Linden was at the All star game in the early 90's and competed in the fastest skater comp. anyway for a big guy he could skate. I met him a few times after games or at autograph signings he stayed two hours longer then he was scheduled for at Haney place mall to make sure everyone got there Jersey's, sticks, cards whatever signed. All time favourite Canuck.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I knew that would come up.

He also blew a tire in that comp, if you recall. Believe Mike Gartner won it.

Yes, he could skate, but he wasn't the fastest, and wasn't known for his speed. Get where I'm going? Not spectacular in any one skill category, but definitely spectacular between the ears, and inside the chest cavity.

We made a corporate donation this year to Canucks Place and they sent us a nice 8x10 of Trev. That'll go up in the bar downstairs.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

they should get rid of that stupid orca logo and replace it with Lindens face

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trevor Linden snubbed me for an autograph outside of the Pacific Coliseum back in 89'.

I got my own back and sharpied his white Chevy Blazer. I'm not terribly proud about it. I just wanted to clear my conscience.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trevor Linden snubbed me for an autograph outside of the Pacific Coliseum back in 89'.

I got my own back and sharpied his white Chevy Blazer. I'm not terribly proud about it. I just wanted to clear my conscience.

THAT WAZ PAVEL'S BLAZER! Now we know why he left town:eek:

Goalsmith

May 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
My favourite moment was a relatively little known one, when Trevor punched Geoff Brown in the nose outside of Shark Club for sleeping with Kirk Mcleans wife. What a team guy...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe it was Geoff and that's why it was relatively little known? Everyone knows about Jeff Brown :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0