Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WTF is wrong with our society?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am puzzled how rules change for different people.

First off I love animals and don't agree with what Vick has done but...

Something to ponder... Vick gets caught killing dogs in a dog fighting ring, gets charged and spends 2 years in jail and now faces a 10 game suspension this year in the NFL.

Then you have Dany Heatley and Donte Stallworth kill people from drunk driving and did they see anytime or suspension....minimal! Stallworth served 24 days of his 30 (must have been good behaviour:rolleyes:) and Heatley got no jail time and three years probabtion....WTF

or as of yesterday Ben Roethlisberger who is up for a rape charge...if convicted will he get anytime or suspension...not likely.

What is wrong with this picture?

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
.....as of yesterday Ben Roethlisberger who is up for a rape charge...if convicted will he get anytime or suspension...not likely.

quick clarification for me please....the way I read that, Roethlisburger is being sued civilly for rape. No investigation was done, no rape charges were ever laid. Was he charged?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
quick clarification for me please....the way I read that, Roethlisburger is being sued civilly for rape. No investigation was done, no rape charges were ever laid. Was he charged?

The girl who is suing him also sees a psychologist for her pretend boyfriend

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am puzzled how rules change for different people.

First off I love animals and don't agree with what Vick has done but...

Something to ponder... Vick gets caught killing dogs in a dog fighting ring, gets charged and spends 2 years in jail and now faces a 10 game suspension this year in the NFL.

Then you have Dany Heatley and Donte Stallworth kill people from drunk driving and did they see anytime or suspension....minimal! Stallworth served 24 days of his 30 (must have been good behaviour:rolleyes:) and Heatley got no jail time and three years probabtion....WTF

or as of yesterday Ben Roethlisberger who is up for a rape charge...if convicted will he get anytime or suspension...not likely.

Puppies Behind Bars - Photo Essays - TIME

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think Heatley was drinking in his crash.

Suing civilly is a smart move when you are dealing with someone who has cash vs going criminal. Unlike criminal the standard for proof is far less (OJ case) in civil cases.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Basically, to prove something in a criminal court, the yardstick is beyond a reasonable doubt. For you numbers people out there, that equates to about 95-96 per cent. Civil cases are on the balance of probability, so if it exceeds 50 per cent, the plaintiff wins.

Only works if you are suing someone who has money though. So rich people tend to get sued a lot more, oftentimes vexatiously. It is very telling in this case that a criminal complaint was never initiated though.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0