Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2008/2009

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not going to say...........as it might come across as ripping into individuals as footballers, which I won't do.

I'm sure they were missing a few players so you never know. As mentioned, we were very pleased to split the points yesterday and we're getting ready for another tough game against Westside on Friday.

Who are you with, Soccerballer?

soccerballer

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
shamrock, i can't reveal such details! its a message board, the fun is hiding behind the screen! but i will say i am very impressed with your CIU team. congrats on a great season so far.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another quality win for S.U. Kudos to the "slickers" Lots of game but just need more time at this level. Still playing with a short bench but should start getting some help soon. Great game, with no subs in the 2nd half, the ladies took it to them and ran away with the game. Tues should be a good test tho' The Heat will be " bringing it ".

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shamrock, i can't reveal such details! its a message board, the fun is hiding behind the screen! but i will say i am very impressed with your CIU team. congrats on a great season so far.

Thanks, but I still want to know who you're with. :D ;)

I wish I could say the same thing to you..........:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond CIU 'A' 1 Westside 1

We started very well and really took it to Westside over the first 20 - 25 minutes, scoring one goal and forcing their keeper to make a couple of great saves. Westside had one free-kick in the first half which deflected off a player and our goalie made a very good save. Westside started to take over territorially over the last 15 - 20 minutes of the half but didn't threaten other than this free-kick.

The second half had us start off fairly well and then we sat back a bit too much and let Westside come at us a bit. They had one good partial breakaway which was shot right at our keeper. We were comfortable for the most part but then gave the ball away in our third with about 10 minutes to go.......a botched attempt to clear the ball....their striker took control passed the ball back and a quality finish which left our keeper with no chance. We then threw another player up front in search of the winner but it wasn't to be. Nice to see the ladies were a little disappointed with the result after the game but overall, it wasn't a bad game. Good luck to Westside the rest of the season.

4 - 2 - 2 now......definitely would have taken this at the start of the season and like everybody else in the league, we will be adding several players over the next couple of weeks.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coquitlam Heat 2 Richmond CIU 0

We held them for 80 minutes and then gave up a goal from nowhere......but it happened. Overall, if possession and corner kicks were a good indicator of play, Coquitlam deserved the game. :) Having said that, we had several quality chances to score ourselves. I think we gave them a decent game. Good luck the rest of the way. :)

HonkyTonkWoman

Nov 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
saw Coquitlam beat Richmond 2 -0. any reports on the Surrey v Westside game? In fact, i haven't seen conductor or nutmegs on here lately. Perhaps they could let us know how that went.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU 1- Westside 1, I arrived 10 minutes into second half due to work commitments. I had just missed SU's goal. The next 20 minutes SU had a few oppurtunities to ice this game, but in usual SU fashion they at times struggle to find the back of the net. So then the last 15 minutes SU decided to do what they do best and that is defend. Westside started to press and gain more possession of the ball, SU was doing well to defend, but with a few key players not dressed it wasn't to be on this day! Westside's goal was a cracker that pinned in off the crossbar, "T" didn't have a chance. But shoddy clearing by SU made this shot happen. In all fairness to SU, I only saw 7 regulars and the rest were call-ups from DIV 1. Who I might add did an admiral job out there.:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From last week........Richmond CIU 4 Abbotsford 1 - wasn't at the game but it was pretty one sided from what I was told.

NSGSC Selects 1 Richmond CIU 1

We started off very well today despite having two sick players and missing 3 starting defenders. Our passing was crisp and we were able to keep possession and create several half chances. They took over a bit.....more on a counter-attack than anything and they scored against the run of play after a ball deflected of a defender right on to the path of one of their players and girl finished it nicely.

We went to a more attacking 3 - 4 - 3 in the second half and it worked very well as we had them on their heels for the majority of the half. Several good chances with their keeper making two very nice saves too. We finally scored with about 10 minutes to go on a deflected cross. :) for a neat own goal. Overall, we'll take the point but we felt 3 points would have been a better reflection of how the game went. Oh well....on to Coquitlam on Friday who held a good Westside team to a 1 - 1 draw tonight, so it will be another tough one, as they all have been.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone heard why the abby team defaulted their game against Surrey last weekend?

Heard the team is in turmoil right now and having a hard time fielding a team. I think they may even want to fold but there's no way the league would let them do that 10-11 games into the season.

Surely, they must be able to find some UCFV or Trinity players to keep them going. It would be really sad if yet another team folded.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United Premier 11 8 0 3 27
Coquitlam Metro-Ford Heat 10 5 1 4 19
Richmond CIU - A 11 5 3 3 18
NSGSC Selects 11 4 4 3 15
NSGSC Renegades 9 3 2 4 13
Westside FC Premier 11 2 3 6 12
Abbotsford Mariners 10 2 8 0 6
Coquitlam Metro-Ford City Slickers 11 1 9 1 4

paige25 just by taking a quick glance at the standings it might help you answer your question!:D
Has anyone heard why the abby team defaulted their game against Surrey last weekend?

My geuss was they were afraid of SU!:wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United Premier 11 8 0 3 27
Coquitlam Metro-Ford Heat 10 5 1 4 19
Richmond CIU - A 11 5 3 3 18
NSGSC Selects 11 4 4 3 15
NSGSC Renegades 9 3 2 4 13
Westside FC Premier 11 2 3 6 12
Abbotsford Mariners 10 2 8 0 6
Coquitlam Metro-Ford City Slickers 11 1 9 1 4

paige25 just by taking a quick glance at the standings it might help you answer your question!:D

My geuss was they were afraid of SU!:wa:

:rolleyes:

I believe an e-mail came out to the teams this past week saying they had NOT folded and it was just a one off thing. It is surprising they can't draw players from the universities/colleges that Nutmegs mentioned. But then again, a lot of players just want time off after the University season and might start playing again in January.....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond CIU 'A' 4 City Slickers 0

We scored two early goals and two late goals.

The Renegades before the break, which means we only have ONE league game left after the break.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Renegades before the break, which means we only have ONE league game left after the break.

CS, don't worry, we still have the Fake Cup to look forward to:rolleyes:. They should just make us play each team one more time so the games actually mean something to all the teams, not just the winner of the cup. The league standings should determine who gets the top seeds in the provincial cup

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, don't worry, we still have the Fake Cup to look forward to:rolleyes:. They should just make us play each team one more time so the games actually mean something to all the teams, not just the winner of the cup. The league standings should determine who gets the top seeds in the provincial cup

So the league standings mean nothing in terms of the Provincial Cup? :confused:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the league standings mean nothing in terms of the Provincial Cup? :confused:

CS - the league standings do mean something for Provincial Cup - first place gets a bye and is the first seed from the lower mainland. I think that 8 teams make it to provincial cup play so I don't think anyone is eliminated but seeds are based on placings in regular season.

I agree that the League Cup is pretty much a waste of time as WW says but it does provide the second seed (and usually another bye) in Provincial Cup. The idea (I guess) is that teams not in the running for first can still get a high seed in prov cup and a bye the first week. For example, last year Surrey won the league cup after finishing third or fourth in the season and were given that first round bye.

I had heard that suggestions were made to the league to cancel this League Cup and then have one more round of league play - not sure what their decision was. But a third go-round on the schedule brings up the issue of who gets the home game (which would really only matter to SU and Abby since we're the only teams in the league who don't play on field turf). Will be interesting to see what the schedule will look like after January. I think SU would like the regular season to end after two more games since we would only need one win to clinch the title. :D

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've never been a huge fan of the Premier Cup, only because there's so few teams involved. But I suppose whether the teams play another round of League or a Cup, the argument is a moot one, as the point is to simply get the teams more games.

I'd prefer to see the Cup tournament played at intervals throughout the year, so everything was spaced out more.

I'd also like to see the Provincial Cup qualification criteria published on the website at the beginning of the season.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
C.S. what happened at your game Friday? How could the Renegades have played well enough to take the points at your home field?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0