Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2008/2009

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a ref Captain,

shouldn't the laws of the game be called no matter what the scoreline is or player personal numbers are?

Conductor,

They should be but sometimes what is happening at that time in the game should be considered? :confused: The girl should have been sent off but there was about 10 minutes left, Coquitlam was really tired at that point and were just playing to prevent any more goals. I wasn't really too bothered with the yellow card to be honest. As I said, sometimes a ref's 'common sense' comes into play. I don't think there would have been any argument from Coquitlam if the red card was given........

I don't know what the fcuk I'm saying at this point as I'm knackered....finally the two Cokes are wearing off.....:)

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RCIU 'A' 3 Coquitlam 0

Coquitlam had only 11 players at the game and had the majority of possession over the first 25 minutes of the game but failed to create any real scoring opportunities. Slowly, we started to come into the game and keeping the ball for longer periods of time. Our new Swedish girl scored a cracker before half-time and I believe this was around the time one of the Coquitlam girls had to go off due to injury. The second half was great for us. We scored two more goals while they were down to 10 and to be honest, we kept the ball for the majority of the half. Having said that, Coquitlam went down to 9 players with about 15 - 20 minutes left when the game was already decided. They should have had a red card for a last player back offense but we can only assume the ref didn't want to have them lose another player which is fair enough. I know Coquitlam will be a very good team this year so we're not looking at this game and thinking anything more than the fact we played some good football in the second half. With a full squad, I'm sure they will be one of the teams to beat come Provincial Cup time.

CS, I agree with your post apart from a few things. Our defender was injured after about the first 15-20 minutes and had to sub herself out so we played well over half of the first half with 10 players. It is likely a broken ankle but hopefully not. We were able to sustain some pressure and possession for awhile longer but then you took it to us.

In the second half we played the last 20 or so with 9 players, and I think at one point we were even down to 8 players. 2 had to sub themselves out due to cramping muscles.

As for the last man back rule, I think another reason the ref did not give a red card was because their 2 forwards who managed to get that far ahead were a good 10-15 yards offside, easily, so that would have been really unfair had the ref given the defender a red card. The linesman failed to call the blatant offside. Also, the defender really let up and did not intend to injure the player, as was evident by the challenge made.

RCIU is a good team and will definitely surprise some teams. I am definitely looking forward to a rematch though when we have a full 11 and our full team.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, I agree with your post apart from a few things. Our defender was injured after about the first 15-20 minutes and had to sub herself out so we played well over half of the first half with 10 players. It is likely a broken ankle but hopefully not. We were able to sustain some pressure and possession for awhile longer but then you took it to us.

In the second half we played the last 20 or so with 9 players, and I think at one point we were even down to 8 players. 2 had to sub themselves out due to cramping muscles.

As for the last man back rule, I think another reason the ref did not give a red card was because their 2 forwards who managed to get that far ahead were a good 10-15 yards offside, easily, so that would have been really unfair had the ref given the defender a red card. The linesman failed to call the blatant offside. Also, the defender really let up and did not intend to injure the player, as was evident by the challenge made.

RCIU is a good team and will definitely surprise some teams. I am definitely looking forward to a rematch though when we have a full 11 and our full team.

Welcome Wagon, both girls were in their own half by 2 yards. Your girls were pushed so far forward into our half at that point as you had a set piece that we had both our strikers in the circle behind the half way line. It wasn't close to be honest. So it should have been a red card BUT I still think the ref made the right decision so you wouldn't have to drop to 8 players. That is why we were surprised at your goalie who was yelling for offside when she couldn't see our players were in our own half. BTW, the goalie is very good and she managed to keep the score down too.

As for the rematch, it will be good to play your full squad to see how we stand. By then we'll both have our university players so it will be a better test for us. Good luck the rest of the way, except when you play us. :D ;) Great battle despite being short. Your girls never stopped until the last minute when I heard KJ say to the ref "Isn't it over yet?" :) ;)

BTW, please wish your player with the ankle injury all the best on behalf of our club. I didn't see what happened to her but hopefully it is nothing too serious.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finish a game with 9 players? At the Premier level? That's very disappointing. Especially for this club, which has a large, successful youth program to back it up (and U21 teams too), and on a Friday night no less, when there wouldn't have been any conflicts.

I feel bad for the players who played. That couldn't have been much fun. But knowing most of these ladies the way I do, I'll bet they bounce back; and when they play RCIU again, they will no doubt be looking for redemption.

Hope Sarah is doing better. Though I did hear it didn't look very good.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any update on the injured player? :confused:

We are looking forward to playing the full team too. We will have a better idea of the level we need to get to in order to compete with the better teams in the league. We're learning every week and hopefully we'll continue to improve.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any comments on the games this past weekend?

As per request, Conductor.......

Richmond Club Ireland United 4 Abbotsford 2

We went up 3 - 0 at the half.......didn't play all that well to be honest but we finished our chances well. We scored in the first two minutes of the game on a great through ball.....second came against the run of play and third was on a free-kick right before the half. They scored two goals in the first 10 minutes of the second half and we were struggling. We scored a 4th with about 8 - 10 minutes left, which was a big relief. Abbotsford has several very good athletes who are tough to contain but they only had one sub and it hurt them in the back.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RCIU 2 Surrey United 3

We were terrible tonight......Surrey United wasn't much better.....we had a player in goal, which happens periodically and I know she felt terrible. However, thanks to KJ for playing in goal as we have no other goalie at the moment. Surrey United had 12 players tonight and looked pretty average......they will obviously be better later in the year but our ladies didn't put a good enough effort in until the last 20 minutes when we made it interesting. Anyway, well done to SU for battling and earning the win. I'm confident at one point this season, we will beat SU, but not tonight. Well done, SU. :) Always nice to see KVale7 and Nutmegs. :)

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RCIU 2 Surrey United 3

We were terrible tonight......Surrey United wasn't much better.....

You guys weren't that bad CS - we just scored when we had the chances (although I think we should have had 2-3 more). Considering we had about only 5-6 or our regular starters tonight, I thought we looked alright. Props out to the young girls tonight who stepped with a nice physical game. My favourite quote of the night was when one of your managers/asst coaches walked up to MF and said "Man we were missing three players tonight." THREE PLAYERS!! Try missing NINE players!

Oh and by the way you forgot to mention that it was 3-buzz until the last ten or fifteen minutes and the second came with less than 10 seconds left. ;)

Always nice to see KVale7 and Nutmegs. :)

Good to see you too!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys weren't that bad CS - we just scored when we had the chances (although I think we should have had 2-3 more). Considering we had about only 5-6 or our regular starters tonight, I thought we looked alright. Props out to the young girls tonight who stepped with a nice physical game. My favourite quote of the night was when one of your managers/asst coaches walked up to MF and said "Man we were missing three players tonight." THREE PLAYERS!! Try missing NINE players!

Oh and by the way you forgot to mention that it was 3-buzz until the last ten or fifteen minutes and the second came with less than 10 seconds left. ;)

Good to see you too!

Yes, your NINE players will win provincials again. I don't know who said that from our sidelines.......then again, it might have been Bruce. We weren't missing anybody, except our university players. Not a big deal but to say you should have had 2 or 3? Yes, the crossbar in the first half after a giveaway but no comment on the two BLATANT hand balls in the first half? :confused: It was 2 - 0 at that point and one call would/could have made a difference. Anyway, to say you DESERVED two more goals is a stretch and yes, it was 3 - 0 with 15 minutes to go but it ended up 3 - 2 because your team was legless. I will say it right now....we will beat your team when it counts despite the fact you were missing 9 players tonight.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU dismantled RCIU again this year! Even though the scoreline was close 3-2, I heard that SU should have won this game by a touchdown! Maybe Nutmegs felt bad for the Captain, so in turn she shut down on putting on the red light numerous times. Give credit to RCIU although not that talented, they are a team who will bring their hard hat's and lunch bucket to everygame. What they might not have in skill they make up for it in effort and hard work!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU dismantled RCIU again this year! Even though the scoreline was close 3-2, I heard that SU should have won this game by a touchdown! Maybe Nutmegs felt bad for the Captain, so in turn she shut down on putting on the red light numerous times. Give credit to RCIU although not that talented, they are a team who will bring their hard hat's and lunch bucket to everygame. What they might not have in skill they make up for it in effort and hard work!

Conductor, nice effort with the wind up. :) I'm not biting. :)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, obvisouly I don't need to wind you up, according to your post in another forum! This time these are your words not mine!

Standings are misleading sometimes......... Our Premier team is in 2nd but are not the second best team.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSGSC Renegades 3 Richmond CIU 'A' 3

Another goalfest..........:) We played a much better game overall today than last week against SU but still managed to find ourselves down at the half.....one on a great own goal. We went down 3 - 1 on a turnover in our own third before battling back with 2 goals in the last 15 minutes. They were exhausted over the last 15 - 20 minutes but their coach didn't make any changes? :confused: Overall, a good point for the ladies today and well deserved. NS has some very talented players but TWO key weaknesses.

soccerballer

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry conductor. didn't see your request for my predictions til now. i'll make sure i am back for next week.

i'm impressed with richmond ciu. great to see another strong team in the premier. what are the two weaknesses of the renegades. from the one game i saw of them this season i am going to have to say speed (or lack thereof ?) in the defense. come on, fill the rest of us in on what you think the TWO key weaknesses are :)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0