Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Week 13, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mehmet - A little gamesmanship by making 'Lomas the underdog? Alas we'll have to wait. I'll make some predictions when we see what games are still on...

Maybe a side-trip out to Richmond to watch tonight might be in order though!:)

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Piper,
I'm with you - good luck to RUFC - or anyone that plays the 96ers for that matter. I'd love to see them implode entirely! They're already close to a complete collapse. Did anyone figure out what position no.22 of 96ers plays (he was shown the red card last round)?

Animal,
How's the leg going? Are you still out for the year?

Mehmet.

Piper

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mehmet

That #22 Donkey was a front runner. Also Snedden went down with an injury late in the game and was spotted outside the dressing room with a 26er of jamaican rum drowning his sorrows after the game.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 14 Predictions

I don't feel like starting a new thread and Mehmet's predictions are already here....

Richmond Utd. “A” v. Pacific 96ers.

Big game for the 96ers - they need the points. Desperately. And a gut check for Richmond.
1-1 tie

City FC “A” v. Peg-Olys
My upset special.
City 1-0

Firefighters “A” v. Clan Alumni
Another Doozy. Clan looked very strong against Meralomas last week. FF haven't played for a week or two...was their last game the tie vs. City? Clan will win but it'll be quite a battle.
Clan 3-1

Sikh Temple “A” v. Deep Cove Royals
Deep Cove can make a real statement here. These are probably the two quickest teams in the league. Sikhs will be in tough with the physical play though.
DCR 3-0

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen v Clan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Kurgan:

".... Clan looked very strong against Meralomas last week.... "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That must be this thread's understatement of the year. Clan looked like they could have beaten anyone (including most premier div teams) last week. Firemen should be greatful that this game isn't being played on Clan's turf - otherwise it would be real ugly for Firemen!

Lomas v PGR cancelled.

Mehmet.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan

FYI,

ICSF Inter beat Clan 1-0 in an exhibition last night. Apparently it was a good matchup and my colleague here at work who plays for Inter tells me that Clan had many of their big guns out.

Bandcamp,

That would be one strange bird.

Daz

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Week 14 Predictions

Originally posted by kurgan
Clan looked very strong against Meralomas last week.

How could they not, Meralomas did not appear they wanted to be even playing. No intensity (sp) just chasing the red shirts around the park.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan Strong

Yes,

".... Clan looked very strong against Meralomas last week.... " was a bit of an understatement. I'd hate to rile up the opposition though...;)

I will rephrase it now that we don't play 'Lomas this weekend:

Clan kicked the living shite out of the Meralomas. 6-0 at half time gave me a warm fuzzy feeling and, although I don't like to see games that lop-sided, after the crowing that some players did after our huge losses earlier this year, it made me feel a little better about myself. I'm good enough. I'm smart enough and, doggone it, people like me.

Now, just to stir things up a little,

Daz, should you even be playing next weekend after the horrible tackle on Sumner? Fcuk, that was a straight Red if I ever saw one...

Finally, to all the Meralomas: If you think that little things like emails really get a reaction out of players, give your heads a shake. I will play just as hard whether or not I get called a mean name. This is an adult league. Relax and cut some slack.

Gaffa, as the voice of reason, I'd love to hear your thoughts.:rolleyes:

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OUT FOR THE SEASON

No fukcing chance, I will be playing again near the end of January(hopefully). I am trying to walk on the leg now and figure I will be able to walk fine in the next two weeks. I don't have a cast on it is a brace that only goes to my knee. I should be able to start getting some exersice in tthe next litle while which will help me when I am ready (no hamstring pulls)

Animal

Thanks for asking Memet

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
games........

Are any other games cancelled yet? I hope RUFC kicks ass against the hired guns and then we'll see the 96ers explode and go there own ways. Good luck to the teams that play this weekend.

p.s............it's kind of wierd seeing Piper routing for RUFC but I guess we all know why! And hey Animal........... take a fcukin hit and stop your whining........have a brewsky!

Hard Ballz:D;

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Animal ya fcukin' mennonite,

Put the jigsaw puzzle down and take up drinking for a change.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
drinking???????

Hey Jinky, are you going to tonight's match? Look for two sikh fellows nicely dressed and good looking with a 24 of Canadian beer on the sideline. Don't ask for a beer just grab one we don't bite and we don't carry guns............ask Animal!:confused:

Hard Ballz:D

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain, I do believe you are mistaken there were no Lomas chasing after any red shirts, they were all standing around as the clan scored again, again, again and so on. I realize the clan was a far better team and maybe it just looked like they weren't moving because the Clan was so much faster. Man did that game hurt.:(

Cheers Lawts

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond United 1 Pacific 96ers 3

It was cold when the wind picked up. Several TTPers present:

Animal, Lean, Captain, Kurgan, City/Wallace?, Mucker?, Sensei, Gomesy16(apparently)

Wrong thread but on the oval:

Surrey Utd 1 Pink Uniformed Team 2

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sumner

Kurgan,

I didn't take Sumner out. I wish I had had the chance though.

He maimed me in our first meeting with his studs up, in the middle of the park.

You must be thinking of someone else.

There's nothing wrong with sending out e-mails to your team to get them thinking about an upcoming game. I'll have no hesitation in doing that again.

Forwarding it to the opposition is low though.

Anyway, whatever.

Daz

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daz,

I apolgize. I was at the end of the pitch watching the Pinkies and the Caps on the next field.

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Card?

Hardly. But the foul definitely warranted the yellow card that the ref showed me. Having said that, the yellow that I got for that foul still didn't cancel out the two yellow card fouls that Clan committed against me in that game.

Clan play a brilliant brand of footy, but they can certainly get down and dirty when a game requires it. Good teams are like that.

Just my opinion.

How'd the RUFC v 96ers game unfold, anybody?

Mehmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0