Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Week 13, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg-Olys v. Firefighters “A”
Firefighters should win this one easily but then again, they tied City last weekend...

Clan Alumni v. Meralomas “A”
Will the Mermaids get another win? Another tie? Not this weekend - maybe next.

City FC “A” v. Sikh Temple “A”
Sikhs are a way better team and this should translate into a win

Pt. Grey Rangers “A” v. Richmond Utd. “A”
I'm not in net this weekend. Will this help? Probably not, but at least I'll get to whack a couple of idiots and maybe challenge for a ball or two in the air. The small pitch at Trimble will keep it close. Nah, no predictions, but, I'll post the score win or lose (unlike some...)

Pacific 96ers. v. Deep Cove Royals
City and Wallace (I mean Piper) will have a good shot at promotion if they win...but I predict a tie.

THURSDAY :
Cloudy with showers
High 7°C
Low 3°C

FRIDAY :
Flurries
High 8°C
Low 2°C

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Well, appears to be a light weekend, according to the VMSL site only 2 games:

Lomas 1 Clan 1 - yes, feels like another tie is coming our way. Looking forward to playing on the turf tomorrow though!

96ers 1 DCR 3 - the cove seem to be now focused on playing soccer and less sidetracked by TTP.

Anyways, off to the canucks game vs a forsberglessavalanche.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robbed again

Another game that got away.

Both teams came out strong and the Lomas could have gone ahead early on.

Not the greatest field for our strikers and had they been able to put some of our possession into goals, we may have had the game sewn up early on.

The referee didn't help either, with some mind boggling calls.

The Lomas will feel dissapointed here, having been unable to build momentum after their historic victory last week.

Clan, like so many teams before them this season, will have come off relieved at the end.

Anyway, great game.

Final result:

Clan 8
Lomas 0

Daz;)

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should have paid money ...

Holy shite, is all I can say... we were completely blown out today. I believe I paid money to watch Steve Kindel this summer several times, and he didn't dissappoint today. The clan really dominated this game on the turf with several highly skilled players. The first time we played them they only had 10 men, but were far more organized this go around.

Big one next week vs PG at fort Mcbride!

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "Professionals"

That's why I will never pay to watch the 'Caps. If Kindel and the other "pros" that were playing are indeed "pros" what the hell are they doing in our league.

Not playing at their level - that's pretty sad.

Clan only had two of the starters from our first game starting this one. Basically a completely different team.

I can't see them losing the league now. They are the best and most efficient team we have played all season - by miles!

If the 96ers and DCR game goes ahead today, the result will be crucial to seeing who finishes runners-up to Clan. If DCR wins today my bet is that 96ers self-destruct and finish 3rd or 4th. They won't have the mental strength to stay in the hunt.

On the games we've played, Clan and DCR are the two best teams in the league as far as I'm concerned.

dazhopingforsomegoodweatherthisweeksowecanstuffpgrnextweek:D

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dcr/96'ers

caught the first half and am looking for the final score? anyone?

interesting game. hard and chippy with the 96'ers #22 getting hucked out early for booting a dcr defender (piper maybe?). totally senseless but he booted him so hard that i think the ref threw him out based solely on how bad it sounded. let his team down big time but i'm not sure that these guys are really a team anyway so it's no big deal. 2 more reds a little later with the dcr player overreacting to a cleats up tackle. could have had a 2 man advantage.

1-1 at the half. dcr looked more dangerous though and i hope they pulled it out.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR - 96ers game

2-1 DCR - and they looked strong albeit playing 10 men vs 9.

Chippy game with a referee that seemed more intent on what was going on on the sideline rather than on the pitch.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all over for the 96ers

There you go then.

That's what I expected. 96ers have shot it now, and as I said earlier I can't see Clan losing it all from here on. Man are they strong!

Clan and DCR will finish 1st and 2nd as they should.

Well done DCR.

Daz

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The "Professionals"

Originally posted by Dazza
That's why I will never pay to watch the 'Caps. If Kindel and the other "pros" that were playing are indeed "pros" what the hell are they doing in our league.

Not playing at their level - that's pretty sad.

Sorry Daz, I totally disagree with your "pros" point. I think this division has been brilliant this year with so many tight games and upsets. Personally I relish the chance to play against good players and good teams. It raises everyone's level. I think it makes all of us play better football.

Lots of quality players don't play "at their level" for various reasons. Some for money and some for club loyalty, etc. Hell, the Captain Sham is playing in Div 2 this year. Is that sad? No, cause he's doing it for the right reasons.

Having said all that, I agree, Clan are a quality side right through the lineup.

Willy

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can learn a lot from the pro's...

A well organised squad made the Loma defense & Keeps looked worse than the 8-0 score line (6-0 at the half) suggests. The help from the midfield and marking was non-existent. Clan were allowed to pick all the rebounds, deflections and mistakes :eek:inside the area and the Lomas got punished for it.
You think the marking strategy:confused: on Kindel was to trade chances with him:rolleyes: rather than man-marking him. He pretty much had a free reign.

Kindel scored a world class goal. A volley from a cross from the right wing into the area. A cracker:cool:

Learn from it, bring on the next game.:)

hedKandi.

Piper

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR 2 Hired Guns 1

DCR did what it had to do. We now control our own destiny. The 96ers are self-destructing, all they could yesterday was bitch at each other. No team Unity at all.

Bandcamp, it was not me who got whacked by #22 on the 96ers. As far as I am concerned that was the TSN turning point. What an ass.

Daz thanks for the support. DCR is pulling for the Lomas to stay up.

Piper

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Pros

Willy,

I take your point about this league being competitive this year and it has been great. I have enjoyed it immensely and loved the challenge.

That being said, on Saturday Clan were a couple of levels above us and it defeated the whole purpose of challenging us once they scored four times in about a five minute spell in the first half.

It will be interesting to see what they do to a few other teams during the stretch to the end of the season. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they still have to play City, PGR and Peg Olys, so there could be some cricket scores in there.

Hedkandi,

Thanks for posting the obvious. It's pretty easy to criticize from the sidelines. I guess you would never know how difficult it was playing a team like that unless you were on the field.

Of course you can learn from games like that. I just think it makes a mockery of everything when they can field a completely different team later in the season when all of the "pros" have finished getting their arses kicked in the A-League playoffs. We had a great game against them the first time round, but this was just pointless after about 30 minutes.

The sooner they fcuk off to Premier the better. They should be there - absolutely no question.

I understand they have an exhibition this Thursday evening on the turf vs ICSF Inter, so that will be interesting to see how they match up against a Premier team.

The are very, very strong!

Daz

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas

Lomas are too good to be in Division 2. They eked us out last year to move on up, and they would just come back to Division 2 and dominate, especially if they picked up some guys to help out in Division 1.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done dcr!!!!!

Congrats to dcr on the victory over the hired guns. You guys heard it by Hard Ballz from his early prediction last week. Hey Piper, who was #22 on 96ers?

Dazza.........Clan are a very strong team and you just can't make any mistakes against them or it's in your net. Well everyone learns from the mistakes they make.

BTW.......I totally agree with Willy that it makes our league that much better having the so-called pros in our division. Just look at all the upsets taking place.......it's great......it gives everyone a chance.

The weather is not making the weekend look to good right now.......but i guess we'll just wait and see.

Hard Ballz:D

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Upsets

Hard Ballz,

Yes the upsets have been happening.

Our game was a total surprize.

It should have been 8-8!;)

If only we could score more :p

Daz

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
pep talk

dazza

a little birdie just forwarded me a copy of your pep talk to your merry group of mermaids.

i must say that it moved me greatly and i am so fired up to beat those pg rangers fcukers that i am just bursting.

BURSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw - is the pep talk a weekly event and if so, can you put me on the distribution list for future motivation?

mattfoley

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for Week 14

It's been very quiet around here lately. Doesn't anyone have anything to say?

Looking out my window at work, and it ain't raining - yet. Looks like some of the games could be on.

Predictions:

Lomas 1 - PGR 3 :eek:
RU 2 - 96rs 1
Shitty FC 2 - POlys 2
Firefighters 1 - Clan 3
Sikh Temple 2 - DCR 3

mehmetstillinmourningoveraustaliascollapseinmontevideo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens