Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Warm-Ups to the 2003 Province Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where was Zenga during all this?

I couldn't help but notice that he was online checking out the Page 3 girls at around 11 am when I believe the match started at 10:30 am.

What's going on? Does Peg have a bench or a terminal?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Asshole

Jinky we aint all rich like you.

Some people have to work.

Just like a Scot a fukcing sleezy rat!!!;)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Page 3 gazing, Nice work if you can get it.

Zenga, è un'operazione facile disturbarli. Ha Ha Ha!

~Rich Uncle Jinky

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here we go.

The game was good and fast up until the incident, both teams playing hard, but also with a sense of amusement.

All of a sudden as Tommy is trying to control a ball on the run just outside the Peg box, here comes Danny M. from about 5 to 10 yards away off of Tommy's right shoulder.
He bolts in hard and could have tackled hard and probably clean, but instead throws everything he has into the tackle including his fist and elbow and the elbow ...at least...connects with Tommys' jaw, knocks him out and hard to the ground breaking his jaw in the process.

Tommy was hurt pretty bad and if Danny wasn't suffering slightly as well, there could have been a few fistacuffs.

In my opinion, a terrible tackle and completely deliberate.

Funny enough....confused to why he even did it!

Although he does have a history....?

BRUTAL!!!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shame on Mastro, But that is the way the Guy Plays

Originally posted by besty
In my opinion, a terrible tackle and completely deliberate.

BRUTAL!!!!!

Best of Luck to Tommy recovering from the injury, he is a good kid and had a great year for BBY. this year up front.

As for Mastro he plays hard, and sometimes goes in harder than he should, but I would never call him a cheap shot artist, but I hav'nt played with him in a few years.

Brings up the BIG question of exhibition games sooo close to the first round of Cup.

Not play, risk no injuries during games, but don't go into Cup as sharp as you might be with some quality warm-up matches.

Play games, get better prepared, but risk lossing key players right before Cup, from Bad Tackles, by players that don't risk suspensions due to these actions.

Tough Call.

HOS

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besty I wasnt there due to work commitments.(Page 3 apparently;) )

But I know Mastro and I dont think he would do it deliberatly, but I say tough to call when I wsnt there.

I agree its too bad Ive known Tommy for a while was fitting his boots since he was a wee young lad during my North American days all the best to him on a speedy recovery.

HOS I agree with you on the chances of getting hurt in friendly matches, big chances of injuries especially on the turf, but hey we can get run over by a car crossing the street its the chance we take.

All the best to all the teams in the BC cup.

zengawhosfutureisunsurewithpegnowthatlondonisback????

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mack Truck or Mastro Elbow

Originally posted by zenga
HOS I agree with you on the chances of getting hurt in friendly matches, big chances of injuries especially on the turf, but hey we can get run over by a car crossing the street its the chance we take.

You are right zenga, but you don't have your head down crossing the street, you may when crossing the pitch.

Tough to replace the 10 or so goals that tommy scored this year, lots of pressure put on old Larsson, so I think BBY. will be looking for goals from the back now;) .

Question, if there is a bad enough foul in a exhibition game, could the Ref in charge take the issue to B.C. Soccer to have that player suspended for the incident, just woundering if it has ever happened?

Khalsa took the weekend off for games, so now HOS has to be carefull crossing the street by Jinky's place.:eek:

HOS

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any news on Tommy??

What was the result of Peg/Caps???

Did the game continue after all the shite happened????

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought I’d check this out after hearing all about it from Notty on Saturday and today.

Hos brings up an interesting point on appealing to B.C. Soccer; apparently this game was called right then and there when the incident occurred, and no cards were shown. Having said that, this was obviously officiated, so BCS would possibly hand down a suspension for a foul like this, wouldn’t they?

It’s understood that in a friendly, you hold back on the 50 / 50 tackles, not let things get heated, and generally try to avoid injuries…thus the term “friendly”. If someone is injured unintentionally, or through no contact, that’s the risk the player and the team take…but a deliberate intent to injure is a different matter.

Having not seen it, and only heard Notty’s side of things, I’m can’t comment on this particular incident either- but it seems to me that the foul itself isn’t being disputed, just the intent to injure. Whether the offending player meant to injure or not, doesn’t seem to matter…he either meant to do what he did, or he is so used to doing it that it didn’t occur to him that he could seriously hurt the other player. Either way, shouldn’t a suspension be in order? I’m not sure if cards issued (none shown here, apparently) in exhibitions carry over to league or Cup play…

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tommy

Dude... that is a pretty dangerous precident to be setting in having cards from friendly's carry over to the real season. That would almost punish the teams who seek out exhibitions. In my opinion if this tackle was as grusome as what has been said on here, maybe Notty, or Steve Millar should take justice into their own hands next time the two teams play. Those are the messages that really make impressions.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's a good call rev. that's all we need is Aussi rules football. This isn't the Valley. :rolleyes: BTW, Miller is the last cnut that should bitch about bad tackles and such. He nose what I'm talking about. Karma's a bitch ask simon, he'll get his one day. Mastro that is. Miller too.

I also don't think cards in freindly's should carry into league. (not that there should be any anyway) Why play them then?

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rev.

Does this mean I can go out in any friendly and try to break peoples legs or skulls just because it is only exhibition?:rolleyes:
That is an interesting precedent to set...

Lets be honest...there is no room for intentional dirty play in any game!

:mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The last thing you want are guys taking matters into their own hands.

I don't agree with cards in exhibitions either...but isn't it an even greater deterrent to playing friendlies if you know guys could possibly be out to intentionally injure one of your players? What's the worst scenario? At least cards would somewhat ensure everyone is on their best behavior.

Again, if this incident is as bad as reported (again, I've only heard Notty's side, and he's adamant it was dirty), shouldn't the offending player be made to sit whatever BC soccer rules acceptable? The Caps lose a guy for at least a week or two...

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A week or two?

Tommy will be done for a few months at least!

Broken jaw in two places and will need two metal plates to hold it together..

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
Karma's a bitch ask simon, he'll get his one day. Mastro that is. Miller too.

KNVB

Thats all I am saying. The way I see it, play them again and send a message, or just never play an exhibition against them again.

Besty

I agree completely that there is no room for intentional dirty play but from what i have heard this is not the first similar incident involving this player. And obviously all previous deterrant techniques have failed.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The card issue is moot really.
There is an expectation that players can bang and kick a little bit, but we all know when an incident is over the top...at least most of us:rolleyes:
Every game you play you expect the opposition to play hard but not be dirty, and it's a fine line at times when players get jacked up.
Ultimately, the players have to police themselves for the most part in friendlies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played for the Pokes for many years and had this happened to us we would have kicked his cnut in. Repercussions or not. Everyone at that level knows the difference between a hard tackle and assault. Inaction must be questioned.
Nevermind the midgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0