Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Warm-Ups to the 2003 Province Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensible Action

I don't doubt the player in question laid the hit on deliberately as I recall him doing similar damage to one of the smaller Sapperton players last year when Peg was losing and there was 20 seconds left in the game. The guy was out for some 6 games with a severe concussion not to mention that he had to miss work for some 8 days or so and also night classes at college. The guy laying on the hit got a yellow despite the Sapperton guy not getting up!

But, to have the players get into a brawl that would bring both teams and maybe sidelines guys into the battle is not right either. If it got out of hand like that, you bet the league or BC Soccer would get involved as a result of a referee's report and possibly having the police turn up to break up the riot. Then more guys would get suspended for sure and that would be wrong.

What players should be able to expect is for referees to manage the game and do their fcuking job if crap like this happens! That means if there is a serious red card situation, they put the card into the league office along with a report indicating the seriousness of the incident (ie the guy ended up in the hospital with a broken jaw like serious). I am not suggesting putting all cards in by the way, only the serious stuff.

I have had referees before exhibitions simply tell both sides that he will submit red cards for vicious play. I have seen refs even give a red (two yellows) to an undisciplined idiot during an exhibition only to tell the guy/team after the game that the card would not go into the league office and that it was only given to prevent the game from deteriorating into a kick fest.

To suggest that no cards should ever go in no matter how bad the incident is lunacy! But it would be equally dumb to say that all cards are going in. Common sense should prevail.

Do people recall some years ago when a top SFU player was red carded for an incident with a ref in an NAIA game. Following his suspension in that league, he signed onto play VMSL as his university season was done and the suspension did not carry over. However, the refs refused to ref any game in which the guy played and he had to serve a suspension despite it being in another league. That probably is a good example of common sense being used in a serious incident. I think he punched or pushed the ref. Can't recall now but it makes the point.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Precedent has been set now I suppose... Mastro's player ID card has been requested to be turned into to BC Soccer by Saturday morning. BC Soccer did not indicate for how long they will keep said card.

I've stayed away from this discussion so far, because it was a no-win situation for me, and really, it still is.

I will, however, put my 2 cents in here after the weekend.

~Regs.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs are you serious!!!!! Honestly thats a fukcing joke!!!!

Hope Westside hammers the fukcing Caps 4-0!!!!!!

Forza Westside!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ask Tommy How Funny It Is

Originally posted by zenga
Regs are you serious!!!!! Honestly thats a fukcing joke!!!!

Nothing against Mastro, but should he be playing if Tommy is on the Sidelines having a shake for lunch, funny stuff, not.

I didn't see it happen so I shouldn't comment, but a guy does have a broken jaw.
Zenga, you are one player closer to getting in now, you should be happy:eek:

HOS

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 8 Chinese Nations World Cup National something-or-another team. 0

Not much a game, I expect pretty much the same result next week vs. Westside. KNVB with 3 megs and two goals today. Look out Smaslly. ;)

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB with 3 megs and two goals today. Look out Smaslly

And you're making fun of my Special Olympics league? You fcuking cheater. Can you see a Hun in Europe? Nooooooo Nooooo Can you see a Hun in Europe? Nooooo Nooooo we can't hear/see a fcuking thing.......Nooooooo Noooooooo oooooo

.........................................................................................

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You Guys are Ready with This Result

Originally posted by knvb
Not much a game, I expect pretty much the same result next week vs. Westside.

You guys should have no problem now against the League/Imperial Cup Winners.

If you guys are playing good teams like that, you might as well play some really tough teams, like ones from the Valley:rolleyes: .

HOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0