Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Rants (and Raves ?)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS that last post of yours was so confusing I am not sure you know what it meant.
Now I understand why Khalsa's kit was not at the weekend game.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos

Let me try to clarify and see if i have the skills to decode this:

He is saying that the VMSL suggested either a midweek game or a game on sat and a possible game on sunday assuming burnaby wins. He made implications that Burnaby may not be able to field there full team during the midweek game which would not be fair in the eyes of HOS :D . As well playing two games in one weekend wouldn't help either winner of that game between Burnaby and Richmond. He then went on to say the following "It is a bad move by the league, if a team can get a game changed for that, then why can't other teams have games changed in the future for similar reasons". and then "Should be interesting when Burnaby and Richmond meet."

Hope this helps :knvb: :wa: :bronco:

Cheers
JB

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB, you are hired Full Time, now I have one question for you, Do you put softener in the washing machine or do you add it in the dryer?
I need someone to do the kit for me too.

Reccos, you have been reading too many of Sid's and Larsson's posts.

hos

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant, JB. That makes it clear.

That HOS post was as clear as a Rick Titisus post as chief spokesman for the AFC Leopards during his binge on Friday night er Saturday morning.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay just have your people contact my people and we will work on something.

Cheers
JB

For Reccoss I am telling Jinky to call me :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league doesn't know what games (league/Cup) will be played Mar 19/20th weekend. It seems they are just making it up as they go. But I was assured by Reuben that it's all a matter of field availability which determines what games will be played. :confused: :confused:

Okay

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are they planning on closing the fields this weekend because of all the rain we have been having :rolleyes:

Cheers
JB

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you want to see how f...ked up the CAT system is, check the VMSL site this weekend and the number of defaulted and postponed games and that just about says it all!

If the games meant anything and they don't, then they'd be played. But they don't so clubs are defaulting CAT games as they are meaningless.

GhostRider

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unless some parks were closed (which I doubt) I assume that teams who postpone couldn't field a team. Why are those teams allowed to postpone and not be charged with a default?

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Bud's 4 You said:
i dunno wat thread to write this in so im just gonna ask here....is J_B that referee???....i dont wanna PM the wrong guy

From what i know, J_B on ttp plays for Sporting in Vancouver, he is not the motorcycle riding referee that we know in the valley

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GhostRider said:
Unless some parks were closed (which I doubt) I assume that teams who postpone couldn't field a team. Why are those teams allowed to postpone and not be charged with a default?

Some of the parks were closed on Friday and Saturday. No team is allowed to postpone a game due to the inability to field a team. That is known as a default. Many of the Vancouver fields were closed Friday and Saturday, and some teams did not find this out until they got to the park, and their were no goal posts. :rolleyes:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point is not the fine for a default but the rather large number of defaults with CAT games as CAT is crap and is leading to the reduction in the number of decent teams around. CAT is not working -- look at the defaults this past week and the last while.

The irony with CAT is that it doesn't exist for cup play. What a laugh. What then is the purpose of CAT if you can't use it during cup play? I rest my case. Either CAT works for all games or it doesn't exist.

If CAT exists to build strong clubs, what is the record of Willi's great invention since CAT came in? Sportstown - Firemen merged and Sportstown is gone- down a decent team. Columbus - Clan and one of these good teams is now gone.

MF - home of the CAT system has struggled all this year. Where did CAT help them?

Khalsa - can't field a CAT team anymore.

Pegasus - probably couldn't have cared less about CAT but they are now defaulting like in other years.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
joely_the_goalie said:
From what i know, J_B on ttp plays for Sporting in Vancouver, he is not the motorcycle riding referee that we know in the valley

That is correct I am a player that plays with sporting club of Vancouver in the VMSL and I don't think I could be a referee with all the shite the take :D

Cheers
JB

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos , the cat system is a good idea, as long as clubs use them wisely or properly. The teams that you have mentioned , that have defaulted lately is more to the fact that they don't use their cat team as feeder system , they just use it as an insurance team , because I know of about 8 clubs that have a cat team and still have 5 or 6 first team players playing for them, the players play with the first team on Sat then play on the cat team the next day , therefore the cat team games are not as important when they can't field a team. When it comes to filling a spot on the first team the club usually finds someone they know who wants to leave another club that is either in the same division or better, they won't give the kids a chance, this is espiecally true for priemer clubs , because they don't want to get reliagated, and mergers happen for the exact same reason, plus alot of the older priemer players don't realise that the kids need a chance to play competative soccer, just like they did when they where younger.Look at your cat team , I have played against them, you have some good players , and you use them on your first team as well, but if they didn't get some first team experience how long do you think they would stick around, not long, because like all of us they just want to play, and for most players they would rather play 90 minutes in div one, than 20 minutes if they are lucky on a priemer team.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast... you make good points. I no longer am coaching just to bring you up to date.

I am not convinced by what I have seen as a CAT coach (former) of teams there versus the competitiveness of teams in the competitive divisional play. Even teams fighting for relegation are involved there.

My other point... CAT is not in effect during cup play so what good is that.

The joke is that the VMSL wants CAT play but is not prepared to adopt the sub rules that are in effect during Provincial and national cup play (5 subs during play stoppage and unlimited at the half from your 18 man roster) thus putting VMSL teams at a bit of a disadvantage when playing teams used to these rules all the time. That rule would improve the game and give more CAT players time in higher groups as a coach doesn't have to worry about the 5 sub rule if he makes a change or two at the half giving chances to CAT players.

gideon ariel

Apr 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
faults on both parts:

1) VMSL for locking CAT team out of playoffs and making them play their own "CAT CUP"
2) Teams for shafting their CAT teams
-if you don't utilize your youth, what's the poing?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0