Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Rants (and Raves ?)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How can the league already find itself in the position that a team has dropped out? I really don't have any inside information but Pegasus Akal is obviously not playing Div 1 CAT.

I see from the excellent site that teams that were supposed to be playing them now have a bye. Why isn't there an explanation of some sort? Maybe that portion of the league generates very little interest and they didn't think anyone would notice or care... I'll have to ask TTP's Cricketeer Nutbar for his thoughts on the matter I suppose.

~TB.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup regulations

We can only assume the following will also apply to the Division 1 Cup as well.
The division 2 cup will consist of 5 groups (chosen from the non-CAT divisions) of 4 or 5 teams each playing a round-robin round. The groups will be seeded according to the standings at the time of the draw. The top 2 teams from each group will advance to the single knock-out round and will be joined there by 6 division 2 CAT teams. This will give us 16 teams in the single knock-out round.
How are the "6 division 2 CAT teams" being decided on? Will there be a playoff, round-robin, or by season ranking?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some of the div 2 CAT teams opted out or moved up to the div 1 cup play or the Imperial cup play.

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, I believe the div. 1 cup is a little different due to the fact that there are not as many teams and many of the div 1 teams will be playing in the imperial cup instead of the div1 cup. I'm guessing there will only be about 8 teams actually in the div 1cup, however whataboutbob said that some div 2 cat teams have joined the div 1 cup so there maybe more than my earlier guess.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 Cup

In case of a tie for first or second place—or for the wild card team—the following criteria will be used to break the tie: a) Goal difference in games played between or among the tied teams; b) Goal average (goals for divided by goals against) in games played between or among tied teams; c) Goal difference in all games played in the group; d) Goal average in all games played in the group; e) Replay or replays.
In a round robin system where there are 3 groups of 4 teams and 2 groups of 5 teams, my question is this: how can you possibily compare goal differences between teams who are in groups of different sizes?

Dumb.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They don't learn do they?

After further analyis of the knock out phase, they've got 2nd place finishers matched up against each other, and 1st place finishers against each other. What's the point of trying to win your group if you just get to play another 1st place team in the first round of the knockout phase?

This happened last year as well -- why don't they fix this?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Communication

It amazes me how the league can make sudden, unannounced changes to the Cup competitions. I've just discovered that the entire round-robin phase of the Division 2 Cup has been trashed and replaced with a simple knockout phase begining with a round of 32.

Fair enough -- after many PPD's, I imagine there's some concern on whether we'll have enough time to complete all the necessary games. However, don't you think they should made some sort of announcement, rather than quietly changing the website and hoping someone notices?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
fcuk me

Keeper,

I would have never known so I'm glad you brought this to my attention. Now I have some work to do in getting the VSC 2002 pool updated :rolleyes:

Did you notice the new link for all the results? very progressive :rolleyes:

~TBwhothinkstheexcellentsitecoulduseahugeoverhaul.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go Back to Ten Teams

I watched two Div. 1 games on Sunday at Hillcrest, both games involved the Top Team on each side of the First Div.
Pac. 96ers 6 vs. Vancouver Shite Team 1
AC Milan 1 vs. Norburn 0

Both games were terrible, and I was not impressed with the two possible teams that will join the Premier Div. next year.

There are too many teams in the Premier Div., because we played against a fairly good Westside team on the Weekend, that had a 17 year old kid in the back line, you would never see that with ten teams in Premier.

The league is watered down so much, that good players can play regularly without having to practice because you can't bench these players, there is no real compitition for spots any more.

We the players and our clubs pay to play in this league ever year, maybe we should have more of a voice in how it is run.

Or is HOS the only one that feels this way.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the reason for the league not being as competitive as the last couple of years is that there about 10 guys who are premier players playing in first with the Clan and 96ers. Kindel, Sneddie, Niel Young, Iand and Chris Clarke are all top notch players who should be playing in premier. The whole Clan team is a premier team. The only team thats shite in premier is the Serbs. All the other teams can win on any given Sunday.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every Team is Shite

The league is still competitive, but at a different level than it was when it was only 10 teams.

Just because a few players go and play in Div. 1, should not cause the quality of play for every team to go down.

If a team loses one or two players to injury or suspension, the whole team can go for siht, there is no debth on the benches anymore.

HOS

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe for Caps

Speak for yourself HOS just because your team only has 11 good players...:rolleyes: doesn't mean others have shallow benches. Surrey hasn't had a full squad yet this year and we're doing ok.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MADE MY POINT....

We have such a deep bench we don't have to cheat and put on suspended players.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNOB

Are you ever going to get past the fact that we beat you guys. Fine the player in question should not have played, but it's not like we imported some ringer from Europe for fcuk's sake. He is a regular starter on our team. Are you suggesting that we the "lowly" Croats need to be somewhat less than at full strength for you guys to beat us???? I know you don't mean that. :rolleyes:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have such a deep bench we don't have to cheat and put on suspended players.

The player in question sat out his suspension and was eligable to play. His card wasn't there, though everybody including the ref knows who he is. You took advantage of a technicality and Croatia should have known better. That's all.

Btw, this is a VMSL rant so I'm on topic.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To make excuses is silly. You need player cards to proove not only that he is signed to your team, but also that he is not otherwise supposed to be sitting due to cards.

It's not difficult to bring all necessary cards to the appropriate games. Regardless of who's fault it was, if you can't keep the simplest of things organized, your opponent has every right to protest.

Move on.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0