Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Preseason Rumours and Scuttlebutt

coastal

Jul 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Subs

And not to forget.
Where are all these teams in Div 1, 2, 3 with 11 supertar 90 minute players.
When I assess my team I see 7 - 90 minute guys.

6 - 60 minute guys based on skill, fitness etc.
2 - 45 minute guys
2 - young inexperienced 30 minute guys.

Who do I screw for time with 5 sub limitation.
the 60's become 45's? Or stretched to play 90.
the 45's become 30's?
the young guys get no game experience at all?

What I notice here is a very short sighted vision. If you want all my part-timers (who all love the game and are capable players) to fcuk off, your attitudes will certainly bring this about. The VMSL will not attract young players and growth is at risk.
I guess though judging from some of the comments you guys will be happy to move on into the O-30's wearing your black high top boots and short shorts and say remember the good old days.
Changes are needed to bring players in and keep them there. The Fraser Valley league is unlimited, and players are going there because of this, not just for geographic location.
Humbly I remain a shite disturber.

L

limey

Regs,
Did you hear that while wearing your shiny fleece top with the flying horse embroidery?
Since there was no way of removing the embroidery without damaging it.
I gave it to me unsuspecting brother so it's wandering around the UK somewhere, I could not be seen in it in this country.
but was a nice try to convert me.

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
rumor has it that sal cuccione has packed his bags again, leaving inter to go to bby canadians, can anyone confirm this? :confused:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Sal Cuccione the guy who played left back for Inter or is that another Sal?

Theyalllookaliketome

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why do we even use 5 subs? Fifa allows only 3, not 5, per game. The 5 sub rule just makes a mockery of FIFA then, don't it?

~mynineoclockmeetingcametooearlythismorning.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tps

What happened to any loyalty to your teams?

There is just a few teams that have actually stuck together and are still the stronger of the field ie Westside, Peg and Metro Ford!

We have a good nucleus but at the same time not much loyalty outside the 10 of us!

CDK

No, he plays right midfield for us!

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
subs

Coastal,

QUOTE:

I agree with this but there are more obvious reasons why there is not as much interest in the VMSL.

A. The cost of putting a team in the VMSL is ridiculous. I don't have any hard numbers but I know other Lower Mainland Leagues are cheaper.

B. In other leagues you don't have to deal with all the political crap. The favoritism and unfair rulings.

C. When a player is red carded and has to pay the fine, why do you only have to pay in cash (I heard this from someone else, tell me if I'm wrong). Does this money go into the leagues coffers or someones pocket?

There are probably many more that I have not mentioned (ie. the big push on the club system).

All in all these make it difficult and senseless for people to bring in new teams and players into the league.

In defence, I have to say that the quality of the players and the game is far better than any other league that I've played in or watched. And yes captain, even the Richmond League!!!

BitemeofftotheKamloopstourney

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
subs again

Sorry about the second post...

Just wondering how other leagues in different cities/countries deal with their subs? Can anyone provide any first hand knowledge? Obvisiouly, it is not fair to compare it to the leagues that are semi-pro or a much higher calibre than the VMSL.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Premier League

Biteme,

You have only been subjected to the Richmond Summer League, which is only a summer league. Why else would they let 4 Westside teams in? The Richmond Premier League was the best league in the province and might still be. However, the Metro 2nd division has taken huge strides and might be vying(sp?) for top spot, this season.

BTW, the Richmond Premier League used unlimited subs in the winter and it catered nicely to all ages.......

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
get off the Richmond League Bandwagon

I stated in my early post "played in or watched[/B] ". If you compare the VMSL Permier to Richmond, I still fell the talent and calibre is higher:cool:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 Westside teams?

Captain, have you forgotten your long journey to Menoah Steves last week where one of those "4" Westside teams didn't show? I think there are 3.5 Westside teams in the RRSL.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point

Peter,

They didn't make a full team tonight again. I just went down to watch a bit of the Richmond Utd/Westside Knights game and surprisingly, they only had 4 players there. I talked to the guy in charge of the refs today and he said they would definitely have a team, made up mostly of the division 2 team, Forest. No such luck. Brutal really.

Yours in forfeit,

Captain Shamrock

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry

Sorry, TB, I just noticed that this is in the wrong thread. It should have been in the Richmond Summer League thread. My mistake.

Yours in apology,

Captain Shamrock

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jimmy vacanza,

i have no idea why there is no loyalty to the team (inter). frustration seems to run like wildfire and clouds everyone's judgment.

Actually, and ironically, i won't be back with inter, can't commit 2 times per week anymore. i'm going to play with milan. that's what kids does to you.

hey cd kid, who looks all the same?

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow,

Good to hear from you. How about this weekend? Make sure you bring your hammer. Bang in a few nails then we'll be set. Anxiously waiting your arrival!!!!

T

M

meanreds

looking for players

Hey all

Point Grey United Mens Div 2 VMSL are holding tryouts for the upcoming season. We play in Kitsilano and are looking for players in their 20's with decent skill. If interested reply to ryanr@disinfo.net Cheers

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0