Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter October 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for this week games.

Inter - Norvan: 2:1
Surrey - Sporting 1:1
Metro Ford - Serbia 2:2
RCIU - Westside 0:0
Delta - Croatia 1:3
Clanbus - Westvan 1:2

goodluck.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll bite.

Inter 2 : Norvan 2
Surrey 0 : Sporting 2
Metro Ford 2 : Serbia 1
RCIU 1 : Westside 0
Delta 2 : Croatia 2
Clanbus 3 : West Van 1

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

We, ( Sporting), started off with lot's of injuries to key guys at the beginning of the season but most guys are back now. We just aren't getting the bounces we were getting last year. We can't even buy a goal right now and when we do score like yesterday it was called offside by the linesman on a bogus call. Either way, i'm sure we'll start winning games and get on a roll at the right time.

hard Ballz

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van FC 3 Columbus-Clan 0 at Hastings this aft.

Well done to WVFC, and also well done to Jinky, Leo and the other boys winning the BCs over in Nanaimo with Cap this weekend.:)

FootieFan

Oct 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a long time soccer player and follower of the VMSL I must say it's good to see one of the North Shore teams (WVFC) playing well still, having fun and playing some decent football. On the extreme contrast to WVFC is Norvan. I have seen many of their games over the years dating back to their Div 1 days and also had the chance to watch the Inter vs. Norvan game on the weekend at Van Tech (1-0 Inter).

I was sickened by what I saw. It looked more like a rugby match from the guys in blue. Norvan looks to be in a whole lot of trouble this year. There new player/coach made a real twat out of himself and the club both on and off the field swearing at players and humping the ball up the park every chance he had and encouraging others to do also. They seem to have a good target man but if your only strategy is to hump the ball up to him .. good luck. Once upon a time there Coach played pro (86er's) but those days are long over. As a player coach he should be a role model and one of the better players on the pitch but he looked like a shadow of the player he once was and an average Div 1 sweeper at best. I actually felt sorry for the Norvan players as they looked dejected and out of words. Maybe there suppose to take the cursing and blame pointing home and figure out the problem on their own?

P.S Who is that Unathletic keeper they have playing in the pipes? Heard he was the old Surrey goalie (he got chipped on the only goal of the game which started from a cross he bumbled for a corner... He can hardly walk never mind make a save..

I've always admired the fight; spirit and teamwork from Norvan since they got promoted a few years ago even though let’s face it they have had a limited talent pool to select from. Now it appears it will be all for not. Is it a big surprise though? There new leader has a good track record of being cancerous and destroying any team he is a big part of. Just ask the now defunct Burnaby Canadians or the Surrey team he caused the collapse of. It appears to be a matter of time before Norvan joins suit.
A warning for teams considering him once he jumps ship or is forced to walk the plank.

Ratings for Norvan: (enjoy Mr Base we all know you love your points system)

The Team 4/10 (Some skill and speed but hump the long ball and that’s about it)

Coach: 1/10 (He can count to 11 and did have the required players on the field to start)

Player: 3/10 (No speed, fitness, touch or vision) 3 points for all the field goals he attempts

FootieFan

Oct 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess KNVB? That being said at the end of the day I'm a fan of the game and wish the best for Norvan , WVFC and all the other teams and players in the league.. Please continue to voice your opinions and thoughts (as i did as a neutral observer to the game and the league in general) after all isn't that why we have this wonderful site? It has been quiet on here ... give the pot a little stir

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Something about a great first post. I think. My mind tends to wander these days.

Why doesn't anyone talk about MetroFord in here? Top of the table after almost going down last year?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds to me that you once had a man crush on Millar, but the same feelings were not returned.

I have not played with the Norvan coach in some years (the Burnaby Canadains days), but I dissagree with you on your little rant. First, he was not the down fall of the Burnaby Canadians, it was a lack of players coming up through the system to keep the team going, rather than a coach they did everything he could for the team.

Second, perhaps the long ball is played more often than playing out of the back, because that is the best option for a Norvan team that may not be as skilled as other clubs in the VMSL.

Last, Millar has a pretty good track record in the VMSL, not only winning personal praise (all-star teams), but also winning more Cups than any other player I can think of in the last 20 years, so unless, you are still able to lace them up in the best league in BC, and get to Cup finals, you should keep it shut, or at least tell us of all the Cups you have your name on.

HOS - ManCrush

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First, he was not the down fall of the Burnaby Canadians, it was a lack of players coming up through the system to keep the team going, rather than a coach.
Tell that to Surrey United.

I think Millar is a great guy and a pretty decent coach. His wife is a stunner too which helps. To blame him entirely for the situation SU is going through is wrong. You must think of it this way, Steve was essentially hired away (call it what you like) and he did what any coach hired to do a job would try and do... and that is bring in the best players he can. Did he poach despite what he says? Yes. What I would be more upset with is the players that left the club so very willingly, ones that (I thought) were treated well, and for what? Gas money and the odd Thursday off training?

There is such a massive lack of loyalty anymore which is makes an old school guy like me sick. Will these players stay in N.Van when Millar moves on in a year or two? (and he will) Where will they go next? It's a vicious cycle.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or North Delta. They've been in trouble ever since they lost their, erum, goal keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0