Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandbagger

Aug 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 1 Blaze 1

WOW...I have never seen a team so committed to defending in my life. The fact that this team has 14 points is a credit to their coaching staff who has them convinced that it's fun to protect a DRAW for 65 minutes. We scored a PK 20 in, then gave up a goal 5 minutes later after a dreadful giveaway led to one of the Blaze's two chances on the day, which was clinically finished (of course). From then on they gave us 70 yards of the field (I'm not exagerrating). Woody (our centre back) was allowed to carry the ball to their 35 before their SWEEPER would finally release to put pressure on him. It's kind of hard to find space when 21 guys are playing on a 35-yard-long field, especially when there is someone literally following you around for 90 straight minutes with absolutely no concern for playing offence. If I sound bitter it's because I've never been involved in a game so frustrating in my life. The worst part is that we actually broke down their 8-1-1 formation numerous times but could not finish. As a result, they fully deserved the 1-1 draw and we have no one to blame but ourselves for not finishing our chances. Congratulations to Coach Blaze. After all, if the Lord gives you lemons, make lemonade, right? You have 14 points, we have 7.

Time to go tear what's left my hair out.

On to Indo next week.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 3 - Norvan 2

As mentioned by Sir M, first 4 goals came within the first 10. First off the kickoff when I slipped on the wet surface, trying to knock it over to my rightback - would have loved to get that back. Their striker recovered the ball by the corner and crossed it in, somehow ending on the foot of their right mid I believe. We got back ~3 mins later when they brought our striker down in the box. Next goal came from Firemen this time with a ball from our back line, which was cut off around half and a through-ball that mysteriously made it through to the foot of their big striker - apparently could have been offside, but I'm not sure. We then bounced back with a beautiful buildup from our backline with one-time passes right through the entire Firemen squad, resulting in an unlucky strike off the post - would have been our best goal of the season. Few minutes later had Norvan equalize with a nice attack from our right side and a beauty finish off a near post cross. All this within the first 10 minutes!

From that point, it was rather even for almost the entire game. Not a lot of major chances from either side.

Second half goal from Firemen came at around 65 minutes, I think. Jarvie was ~5 yards (confirmed from sideline) offside, which left our backline at around half, waiting for the linesman to raise his flag. Even the ref had the opportunity to overrule this decision as it was clear that he was off. In retrospect, we should have kept playing to try to cut off the cross, but we had already lost a few yards to their forwards.

Norvan tried pushing for their goal, which left us quite open at the back - Firemen were close not to get one right at the end. We couldn't seem to create much, as Smack and co. did well to defend.

If not for the offside call, I would have been happy with the match in what should have ended in a tie. Not a bad performance for our squad, except for maybe my own! - never played in a match where I've been so sick :-(.

KillerJ

Jun 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get a grip you dippers......We all belong to the same community! We should be supporting each other, not cutting our clubs down!

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 2-1 over Columbus

Col. scored off a corner 20 mins in. 1-0 at half. We came out stronger in the 2nd half, made it 1-1 off a good finish with 20 to go, then got the winner with about 10 to go, and held on for the win.

Good game, with Columbus obviously being tired from there trip to nationals, and we were missing 3-4 key players as well.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 7 - AFC 1

2 men sent off 5 minutes in the second half 1 for a second yellow the other for telling Walks he was and I quote, "a fcuking disgrace" . A bu-bye... who is the disgrace now?

AFC are turning out to be this years Olympics. Ouch.

Surrey 3 - Wesside 1 on Friday night

It was 2 nil 15 minutes in and 3 by 25. You can see the old boys on Westside working that old magic at times, but unfortunately they don't have a very strong supporting cast at the moment and struggled with our pace up front. It's too bad the old boys really work the ball and play some nice football. Did I say old? I meant superlative veterans.

Surrey pretty much stopped "playing" after the first half and basically defended and countered for 45. Not pretty, but being short on staff still we'll take the early points.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW...I have never seen a team so committed to defending in my life. The fact that this team has 14 points is a credit to their coaching staff who has them convinced that it's fun to protect a DRAW for 65 minutes.
If we play for draws, then how did we manage to get 4 wins so far? And yes... we do our best to defend well.

Signed,

Lemonfyv

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 1 - Blaze 1

Sandbagger is bang on. The old Canadian national team mentality at it's finest for the Blaze. Sit right back and not even wait for a counter; just sit there and do absolutely nothing. Not even move from the spot. Sap has the ball at it's 30, 8 Blaze players at their 25. I was surprised the very few times they got the ball in Sap territory they didn't run into the corner to kill time. Heck, they were asking how much time was left 10 minutes into the second half and celebrated the tie afterwards.

What a shite-hole of a team. I don't care if they have 14 points, the luck will run out eventually. AFC is a better team. Period.

On a related note: Samuel was coached well by Tony Waiters. Lenarduzzi and the Caps would have been proud - that whole era of Canadian footy - bravo!!!:rolleyes: Put Canada in the shiter for years and I guess they want to bring it all back again. Disgraceful.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to go on record to say that BlazeArmy has no affiliation to Delta Metro Blaze. I would like to also go on record to say that Walks has great hair. Not quite a nice as Dude's... but pretty slick. I would also like to note that I think Walks has lost a bit of weight, and that his butt is looking quite firm.

Tommy Johnson

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
They seem to have gotten some great results. But that has been West Van/Peg Oly's/ Deep Coves way of playing for the last ten years. They always compete, work hard and give you a game, but in the end dont really produce. What will things be like when the other teams find their stride? West Van should get all the points they can get now, because they will be struggling to come qualifying time.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandbagger is bang on........

....... What a shite-hole of a team. I don't care if they have 14 points, the luck will run out eventually. AFC is a better team. Period.

relax!!!! it was one game....I didn't hear any excuses from Delta and I think if you asked them they wouldn't be happy about the effort on the day??? but then everyone has a poor outing every once in a while...well maybe everyone except for Whataboutbobby:D

as for the AFC barb...speak volumes for your credibility:eek:

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello VMSL,

Again i apologize for my stupidity, it does not look good on me or my friends that play in the VMSL. We can only learn from our mistakes (what a muppet i was). I have now hired a personal trainer so i will play next year and then i will let my footy do the talking.

What has happened to AFC and Mighty Ford? And looks like Indo's fortunes or going to get better with key signings.

Sneds

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
relax!!!! it was one game....I didn't hear any excuses from Delta and I think if you asked them they wouldn't be happy about the effort on the day??? but then everyone has a poor outing every once in a while...well maybe everyone except for Whataboutbobby:D

as for the AFC barb...speak volumes for your credibility:eek:

True enough. Frustration sets in for WAB and Sap.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for Inter, they didnt really look that great. Right where they should be in the middle of the table. Whats their story anyway?

I think they finally learned from the last 5 years that it doesn't matter how you start, it's where you end. This year they've taken it slow at the start (a little portly and out of shape, I admit), but they want to hit stride come the new year. That's the last thing the rest of the league wants - Inter peaking come March/April.

Inter wants the Provincial Cup. They have won the Imperial and League Cups. It hurt them a great deal when Sapp won the BC's, and even more when their Italian rivals won last year.

This could seriously be their year.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello VMSL,

Again i apologize for my stupidity, it does not look good on me or my friends that play in the VMSL. We can only learn from our mistakes (what a muppet i was). I have now hired a personal trainer so i will play next year and then i will let my footy do the talking.

What has happened to AFC and Mighty Ford? And looks like Indo's fortunes or going to get better with key signings.

Sneds

Am I missing something here? Where did all this come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0