Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oranje said:
Until the general level of officiating improves, the officials have no business being sensitive.

Probably the most ignorant comment I've read on TTP on quite some time :rolleyes:

Usually, I don't post in response to utter nonsense and uneducated bollocks but once again Oranje, you've outdone yourself. I have a lot of respect for everyone involved at Inter but when you come on and go off on officials like you've done recently and in the past, someone has to speak up and say something.

I can't comment about your goalkeeper being sent off as I wasn't the official but however, I will comment about Bunny's and Cameron's.

Officials don't mind a moan once in a while and it's part & parcel of the job but you have no understand something. Officials at a Premier level (or any other level really) don't take personal comments / insults lightly. Bunny was sent off at the Inter / Croatia game for 2 cautionable offences - the first unsporting behaviour (kicking the ball 50 yards away 3 seconds after the whistle) and then dissent. When you scream at an official 'Are you fcuking nuts ??' - sorry mate, but that'll get you booked everytime. Try that on with some officials and you're seeing straight red - there's a little thing in your rule book called 'uses offensive or insulting or abusive language and / or gestures'. Sensitive ?? Maybe question your player's level of discipline .....

Cameron - 'You're a fcuking disgrace'. You're right ...... I was too sensitive in sending him off :rolleyes:

I've been a part of this league a helluva' lot longer than you and there's no way anyone can tell me that we as officials have to be a lot more sensitive. The shite we hear from players, coaches, fans and kit managers is disgraceful at times so where's the line ?? Am I allowed to say to you 'Give your head a shake you fcuking muppet ?' If I do that, I'd be nailed to the wall ......... Sometimes it's hard to see the forest through the trees eh ??

Maybe an impartial view (see sandbagger's comments - he witnessed the Inter / Croatia game and epitomizes how a player / coach should conduct himself) is what you need sometimes - well that & a couple of Ivan's cracking martini's ....... Hi Ivan :D

Oranje said:
Clearly this is a dull season, nothing else to talk about, apart from the lack of competition for Sporting and Delta's thrilling brand of play.

There you go ........ carry on :rolleyes:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2
Indo 2

disappointing result. we gave up two leads, the second being in the last minute of the game. unfortunately, we sat back and invited pressure in the second half and the result was inevitable. a half decent counter attack would have helped put things to bed, but we were shite going forward. first half was respectable and our centre back scored a spectactular diving header to get us started.:D ref was shocking.
on to another important match next week.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for screaming at officials, I'm of the opinion that soccer has to take rugby's lead on officials abuse and pretty much put a stop to it in any and every league. Any dissent towards the official is penalized (rugby sees a 10-yard penalty, soccer should see an immediate yellow). The only player on the field who can question the match official should be the captain. The official should be accommodating towards the captain and vice versa.

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing one of my teammates ranting and raving towards an official after he makes his call, thinking that these antics actually may benefit him. Officials may make mistakes and everyone should come into a game expecting a couple of dubious calls - that's the way soccer goes at every level. Sometimes major blunders are seen, however, it's up to the league and teams playing to address these blunders after the game. A whole lot of yelling & swearing doesn't seem to help.

As for Renee's throat grabbing - totally uncalled for and I would expect the league to talk to the official regarding this. The league has to work with the teams and officials and not take sides. There are enough witnesses to uncover the truth.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably the most ignorant comment I've read on TTP on quite some time :rolleyes:

Usually, I don't post in response to utter nonsense and uneducated bollocks but once again Oranje, you've outdone yourself. I have a lot of respect for everyone involved at Inter but when you come on and go off on officials like you've done recently and in the past, someone has to speak up and say something.

I can't comment about your goalkeeper being sent off as I wasn't the official but however, I will comment about Bunny's and Cameron's.

Officials don't mind a moan once in a while and it's part & parcel of the job but you have no understand something. Officials at a Premier level (or any other level really) don't take personal comments / insults lightly. Bunny was sent off at the Inter / Croatia game for 2 cautionable offences - the first unsporting behaviour (kicking the ball 50 yards away 3 seconds after the whistle) and then dissent. When you scream at an official 'Are you fcuking nuts ??' - sorry mate, but that'll get you booked everytime. Try that on with some officials and you're seeing straight red - there's a little thing in your rule book called 'uses offensive or insulting or abusive language and / or gestures'. Sensitive ?? Maybe question your player's level of discipline .....

Cameron - 'You're a fcuking disgrace'. You're right ...... I was too sensitive in sending him off :rolleyes:

I've been a part of this league a helluva' lot longer than you and there's no way anyone can tell me that we as officials have to be a lot more sensitive. The shite we hear from players, coaches, fans and kit managers is disgraceful at times so where's the line ?? Am I allowed to say to you 'Give your head a shake you fcuking muppet ?' If I do that, I'd be nailed to the wall ......... Sometimes it's hard to see the forest through the trees eh ??

Maybe an impartial view (see sandbagger's comments - he witnessed the Inter / Croatia game and epitomizes how a player / coach should conduct himself) is what you need sometimes - well that & a couple of Ivan's cracking martini's ....... Hi Ivan :D

There you go ........ carry on :rolleyes:

Walks, believe it or not, you are one of my preferred officials. You are not part of the problem. My frustration, is the lack of consistency among all the officials. Your call on Bunny's goal was likely accurate, I could not tell from where I was standing. It appeared that a similar situation occurred last weekend at the Inter v. Sapperton match. The call did not go Inter's way on that occasion.

We totally agree that players cannot debate these things with officials and certainly foul language is innappropriate.

Some referees make the timewasting call quickly, some do not. This lack of predictability can frustrate players and others. There should be a uniform standard, but there is not. I totally agree that players should not timewaste/kick the ball away/stand in the way etc.

Cameron's comments were clearly wrong. I can tell you that Phillis' comments were not much better. Ozkan should not have followed the match official up the field. All wrong.

I'd love to have a martini with you to clear this up. I was clearly out of line personalizing my rant with the sensitivity commentary. :eek: I certainly did not intend to call you out.

At the end of the day, the games are not won or lost by the referees. The teams have the ability to make their own good (or bad) fortune.

See you at the park.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
not injured, just wasn't my game and i just came off food poisoning. Looking forward to an Inter re-match next week. I know that they will come at us a lot harder than the first match that we had with them. 29

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2
Indo 2

disappointing result. we gave up two leads, the second being in the last minute of the game. unfortunately, we sat back and invited pressure in the second half and the result was inevitable. a half decent counter attack would have helped put things to bed, but we were shite going forward. first half was respectable and our centre back scored a spectactular diving header to get us started.:D ref was shocking.
on to another important match next week.

Yes, it was a disappointing result. Had a goal called back for nothing.....keeper drops the ball, makes contact with our striker, we score and there is a foul called. Nice one. :)

Anyway, it wasn't a great game to say the least but being 4 behind Westside after the game was a lot better than the 7 it was at half-time.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
captain....errr, alkira....eeesh, surely as a ref, (now step back and take a non biased look back at this), you couldn't argue with that call. billy was straight into our keeper. easy call.
you boys should be happy with that result or at least happy that it didn't end with the result that should have been.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
captain....errr, alkira....eeesh, surely as a ref, (now step back and take a non biased look back at this), you couldn't argue with that call. billy was straight into our keeper. easy call.
you boys should be happy with that result or at least happy that it didn't end with the result that should have been.

Right enough.......you had SO much possession of the ball.....Honestly, if you're keeper wasn't 5'7", that call would NEVER have been made. Perhaps it was the amount of whining which occured which may have influenced the ref? :confused: ;)

Anyway, your team did not deserve to win the game, so you should be pleased with the point. How many chances did you have other than the two that did go in? I remember one where our defender gave the ball away about 6 yards from goal over to the side and the keeper blocked the cross/shot and that was it.......As mentioned, take the point and move on. We will be ahead of your team when the season is over. :eek:

:)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firefighters vs Delta Metro Blaze. Only reason Delta wins this is because if fireman cant field their full team. last week was only the beginning of Delta's slide. The honeymoon is over!! Fireman (full team pending) by 2.
Firemen 0 - 2 Delta Metro Honeymooners

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will be ahead of your team when the season is over.

YOU (as in indo) should have been pleased with the point. frankly, my impression is that YOU (as in indo) were.

the quote above is locker room material. bold prediction and from what i saw on the pitch, completely unfounded. i predict not a chance. you only play afc once the rest of the way. best of luck though.;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smallsy,

A case of Heineken if we finish ahead of you? If not, you can get the case of Heineken that Deucy owes me from 13 years ago(or so it seems :D)? I wouldn't go too much into the line-up we had there yesterday.......:eek:

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't go too much into the line-up we had there yesterday.......:eek:

That is like saying, "that picture doesn't look anything like me", when in fact, it looks exactly like you at that moment.

We are all short players, have lousy days, play on shyte fields with crap refs - that is the name of the game.:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is like saying, "that picture doesn't look anything like me", when in fact, it looks exactly like you at that moment.

We are all short players, have lousy days, play on shyte fields with crap refs - that is the name of the game.:eek:

Yes, Freddy, you're spot on. And your point is............? :confused:

I just stated something which I know is true. I didn't realize I needed a lawyer to make a statement on here.......

And that moment has been every game this season.......I think. :D ;)

Referee

Oct 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A referee should never lay their hands on a player, especially grabbing the player by the throat. The kicker is that same player gets a three game suspension.

If a player was to grab a referee by the throat, the referee would file it as an assault and the player will be gone for 5 years.

If the player, team or witnesses files a report to the: Ethics Committee of both the BC Soccer Association and the BC Soccer Referees Association, it should be dealt with appropriately. It's time these 2 organizations takes actions against misconduct by their own referees.

As a referee, I think it's wrong for Rene to grab the keeper by the throat (if that's what happened and confirmed), let alone touch a player in a confrontational way. It's time for BCSA and BCSRA to treat assaults as a two way street. If a player gets a 5 year to lifetime ban for assaulting a referee, why shouldn't a referee get 5 year to lifetime ban for assaulting a player? It's only fair, isn't it?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone keeps talking about grabbing a player around the throat as if it is 100% confirmed fact...

Is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0