Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov 06'

Rene, good point. But are there enough good players and coaches around to fill 14 teams in Premier with quality? I'm not sure there is. Definately not when teams like Inter have "stacked" their team with all those "stars". Oh, and Corazza too.

On a side note, I saw an Inter player at the Canucks game last night. This guy was strolling around GM Place like he was Tony Montana (Scarface) or something. Big guy, Halloween was two weeks ago.

Where do these guys get off with this attitude? It's not like they've won anything.

Go Indo/Akal Go!

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rene, There no chance any team from 1st division coming up this year will hold there own unless they are able to pick up 4-5 starters, and thats the top div. 1 teams.

Animal

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

wow all this crap talk about Inter has me thinking one thing and its simply jealousy. So what if they spank a team like Olympics 8-1. BIG FRICKEN DEAL. any team on any given day would too!!
Also with Div. 1 teams being weaker than Premier teams of coarse they are. Take a look at any of the Professional leagues around the world. It happens!!!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

animal said:
Rene, There no chance any team from 1st division coming up this year will hold there own unless they are able to pick up 4-5 starters, and thats the top div. 1 teams.

Animal
We will see...

I'm confident that if we get promoted we will do fine. We have had many friendlies with VMSL Premier teams over the past couple of years, and we have steadily handled ourselves.

We tied AFC 2-2 in preseason... And I seem to remember a 5-0 spanking we gave your lot in 45 minutes before we put on our Cat team, Animal. :D Thank God they pulled you and put LBG in for the second half! :wa:

Also from our side, Punjab Hurricanes are a very good team that should give many Prem team problems. I look forward to the Imperial Cup when we get a chance to see how our lowly sides match up.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow..Some of you speak of Premier here like a Premier division in Spain, or England. If these Inter players are so good, why don't they go and play professional soccer? What the fcuk are they doing playing amateur soccer? Any team can lose or win on any given day. Sporting beat Fireman 5:0. Does that mean Firemen should not be in Premier? Surrey beat Sapperton 4:0, does that mean Sapperton is not a Premier calliber team? Sapperton is better than Inter anytime. Just like every league in the world, there will be blowouts, but there will also be upsets..

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree that any Premier team could beat anyone on any given day.

As for Div 1 competing with Premier....the top teams in Div 1 cannot compete with the majority of teams in Premier. Playing a team in preseason means nothing...that is why they call it preseason.

However, the Imperial Cup will be a good indication of how strong or weak Div 1 is.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

It sure seems like Brent Sopel knows a lot about Inter, more than the rest of you realize. I think he is taking the piss out of all of you without you even knowing it. How does it feel Regs?

Oh, Robino, Sapperton is certainly better than Inter at one thing. They are 1 and 0 on sprints to the dressing room!

:knvb:

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Way off side Oranje. A fan of Inter, I am not! I have seen them play twice this year and, I have watched them over the years. I try to get in a few games of each team in a seson.

Are you sure you didn't give birth to one of the Inter players? An advocate like yourself (apparently an innocent bystander) sure knows alot about Inter. I have no idea who you are yet, but you must be related somehow.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fcuking moaners:

Any team given the chance would have punted the Special Olympics by 7 or more if they were capable. If a team shows up that depleted, injured or not, verses one of the best long standing teams in the VMSL it's going to happen. Everyone quit fcuking defending it. Special O got their asses handed to them and chances are they’re going straight back to where they came from, just as many predicted pre- season... deal with it or do something about it.

That said... I can't wait for 6'5" to find out the hard way what Premier is reallly all about. Since I don't fancy doing the math I would guess at least (bold Underline so you know I'm Animal serious) 15 of the last 20 teams coming up went straight back down. Top of my pointed head I think Surrey, Sporting, Indo(2nd try) Firemen/Sportstown merge and I think Argentina/AFC/ pacific 96ers merge? stayed up in the last 10 years.

PS...Brent Sopel and Oranje are the VMSL posters of the year. Keep it up lads.

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well I'm glad my post got some interest. Anyway yea mabye now the the talk of sortening the season and how great some of you are will subside. As to the spanking of some teams on any given day go for it!! There is always that goal differential for those top teams. As for the Imperial Cup Ya Vol welcome to upssssset land. All I have to say is Millwal. Ciao

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I have to appologize to everyone reading takethepiss and all of its members. I can't believe I have been suckered into all of his mindless banter about a very amateur team (Inter). Who even cares about these pricks? I'd like to change the subject to teams that have impressed me and those that have let me down.

MF had a great season last year and had a promising start to this season , but recently has turned into an average team. Not many changes to the roster, except a few good additions. What's happening? A team like that should not be losing to the Trollups!

As for the teams that have actually impressed me this year. SFU Clan Alumni and Sporting are both looking really good. SFU has so much depth, they will be dangerous throughout this season and into the playoffs. They are skilled and have a killer counter attack. As for Sporting. Their record says it all. A great team with some new faces this year along with the solid team that took them to Nationals as BC Champs a few years back.

I'm picking Sporting as them team to beat this year. Oranje, do you have any comments to share about your team....Inter? How will Cocky FC do this year?

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oranje, to Sapperton's defense, it was probably very cold and wet. Wouldn't you rather be in the changeroom than out in the cold, as the game was called off?

I'm sure those real men (Inter) stayed out in the rain and ran a training session. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up to the field with little plastic protective booties on to keep their colored boots clean. Clowns...

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ankle Breaker, they must be talking about you and your little buddy Corazza???

"The vast majority of the planet is (comparatively) untalented. Many sports require a certain level of coordination and an innate set of complex skills that need to be applied to enjoy them at an optimum level. Hitting a small flying ball, skating, throwing, tackling, catching. But anyone can kick a ball. Soccer is the one sport in the world that requires the lowest level of physical commitment to enjoy it on a personal level. It takes practically no time to learn how to play, and even less time to enjoy playing it. That makes it perfect for the most uncoordinated and unathletic people on the planet. It is perfect for the athletically optimal and sloven alike."

You can read all about Corazza, Ankle Breaker, and rest of their "all-star" teammates here:

http://www.ishkur.com/sports/soccer.php

PS. I just got an email with info that Inter's coach was seen yesterday afternoon on Commercial Drive having coffee with a possible new signing. This not confirmed for sure, but sources say it was a former Cap College, SU, Croat player. Details to come when I can confirm.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think he is taking the piss out of all of you without you even knowing it. How does it feel Regs?
Give me strength.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

This volume of late-night posts is too much to bear. Aged Grolsch-swillers need their bedrest.

As for Inter's coach on the Drive, I think you are mistaking the Marrello brothers. It was Finding Memmo signing yet another child prodigy to his Burnaby Royals squad.

Sadly, on the day of the single-park monsoon, Inter was prevented from training in the muck by the ever vigilant, omnipresent Ruben Tremarco. Feeling very depressed, the Inter squad, I am told, was forced to repair to its dressing room next to Sapperton's only to serenade them with ghastly Top 40 club music.

Finally, AFC is leading the league in one category, the size of its squad. They field nearly a division (army, that is) at their practices. This leads them to migrate from practice pitch to practice pitch . I am sure they will be next spotted in Surrey, New West and the North Shore on their world tour of practice facilities.

Oh well, off to apply TLR to my rusted joints...

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ankle Breaker said:
I agree that any Premier team could beat anyone on any given day.

As for Div 1 competing with Premier....the top teams in Div 1 cannot compete with the majority of teams in Premier. Playing a team in preseason means nothing...that is why they call it preseason.

However, the Imperial Cup will be a good indication of how strong or weak Div 1 is.

We the Rangers certainly held our own in the cup....beating the previous years provincial champions and then being 15 minutes away from beating SU. We still shake our heads when we think about how we lost to the Special Olympics. I guarantee we'd never lose 8-0. We'd hold our own.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just a quick couple of questions to Ankle Breaker. What is the mood in the Inter camp with all of this bad publicity? Do they even care? I'm sure most of them are reading these piss-takes on them, if they can read that is. Inter's never been known as the brightest bunch.

And how are the 1st div teams feeling after you basically said that the best teams in 1st div are junk and couldn't compete with Inter and the like?

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

And how are the 1st div teams feeling after you basically said that the best teams in 1st div are junk and couldn't compete with Inter and the like?[/quote]

We say there should be a few Turf fields available over Christmas, maybe a couple not so friendly friendlies. Let's get it on!!!:eek:

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Make sure these games are posted here for the Millions, and Millions of Inter fans around the world to find out when and where.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter has hasn't had this much attention since they won.... errr, nevermind.

How ever will Sapperton get themselves out of this one?
Sikh Temple "A"
Sapperton Rovers "A"
Byrne Creek Turf
Fri/ 8.00pm

Surrey United "A"
Firefighters "A"
Cloverdale Athletic
POSTPONED

AFC Leopards
Sporting Club "A"
South Memorial NE
POSTPONED