Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter December 08'/January 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So a bunch of "lower mainland kids" are screwing up the VMSL Premier league. Come on, if the best teams in the city can't compete with the best kids in the lower mainland that the caps can get together, there is something wrong with the Premier league. You are telling me that if this team was together from start to finish of the league and cup, that no team would be able to beat them or compete with them. So what if they give up some easy points because the top players are playing somewhere else. Back in the day, every team was in compitition for the top players from SFU, UBC, and 86ers/Caps so thier team was better during the league, even though those players were not around at the start or end of the season. Now a bunch of kids are causing problems for the top teams of the league.

If you can't beat them, than your team is just not good enough, move on.

hos

HOS,

This issue is more the following...

They start the season with a bunch of young kids who get spanked week in and week out. Teams who faced them early in the season got free points (ie West Van and Westside).

Then they add a bunch of residency guys and fantastic players (professionals... you know HOS... something you and I could never dream of becoming) and go on a very impressive run, taking points from nearly every team (sorry to bring up Westside again, but the rematch they lost 6-0... after winning the first game 2-1).

Then they go on a trip, taking their best players away... and they lose both games (Columbus 4-2, and Inter 2-0).

Back from the trip, they have started on another run (they just spanked Croatia 3-zip).

The point is that they are probably one of the top 3 teams in the league when they have their full squad. Or... when they are on a trip, the replacements are one of the worst teams.

I am not saying any action is required... but it doesn't seem appropriate so have such inconsistency.

My $0.02.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1
RCIU 0

huge win tonite. fortunate to get the 3 points as two sitters for RCIU were cleared off the line. difficult playing conditions on a slick pg turf. we'll take the result though. just gets tighter with some big results around the league...wow.

You guys defended well. Congrats.

Ugly game for both sides, but I feel we had the majority of the play and the pressure. Just were unlucky not to finish.

Westside finished their only chance on the night from a scramble in the box. Honestly, I cannot remember any other shots on net. Bastards. ;)

# Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 West Van FC "A" 16 11 1 4 25 9 34
2 Coq. Metro-Ford Wolves 17 10 3 4 27 15 33
3 Columbus-Clan FC 17 9 5 3 40 23 32
4 Croatia SC 16 8 4 4 22 15 28
5 Delta WFC 17 9 1 7 36 27 28
6 ICSF Inter 16 5 6 5 16 17 21
7 Westside FC "A" 17 6 3 8 14 28 21
8 RCIU Legends "A 17 5 5 7 20 24 20
9 Norvan Eagles 17 4 5 8 22 29 17
10 Serbian White Eagles 16 4 4 8 20 29 16
11 Surrey Utd.-Firefighters 17 3 7 7 23 29 16
12 Sporting Club "A" 17 2 4 11 7 27 10

2 points separating the top 3.
5 points separating 6 through 11.
And Sporting ain't outta this thing yet...

Tighter than a nun on Sunday.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough one with the Whitecaps.......although the argument could be made every year......look at AFC last year in Premier...getting the shite kicked out of them every week at the start of the season, then all of a sudden players came out of nowhere...started winning games and almost avoided relegation.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey doug, i am pretty sure that you had the same view as i did as you were on the bench at the time. Now if you could not see that deblasio paused, then grabbed his face, then fell backwards then you must have been looking the other way because it was pretty obvious. That little show he put on will not be forgotten, i personally guarantee that!! As for your team spanking us, once again i think that maybe you once again were distracted because i believe that we should have been up 2-0 at half. Have you forgotten when london kicked it to one of my players with a wide open net? I do agree with you that i had a terrible game and i don't think i made excuces as i have previously stated that Columbus did play a lot better than the first game when we spanked you guys 3-0. The only other chances you had was when i screwed up. I can take the criticism. As for me blaming the ref, i just think that a better ref would have been able to take control of the game better. She was not the reason why we lost. That's all i have to say about this because like you said i need to move on and focus on inter. Even with our suspensions, as gilly has already said, we have a really deep bench and will be fine in the upcoming weeks. And happy gilmour your post about everyone doing what deblsio did is embarrassing and i hope i never have anyone on my team that thinks that way. 29

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, gilly, AB, DG, WC, Happy and Zarley, that was pretty exciting there for a while.

I bet you are all big Lee Marvin fans.

[ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFUDbOldMs]YouTube - Reservoir Dogs Tipping[/ame]

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just found some footage of Nash's attack:D, here it is, and it does look like there was some acting involved:

[ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=IGHYE55NNN0&feature=channel]YouTube - TNA: Kevin Nash Attacks Chris Sabin[/ame]

alleyezonme

Nov 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
dont get me wrong, I certainly hope SUF dont get relegated .. stressful times for BMO nonetheless. must win this weekend! ill be there..

hey, who doesnt enjoy the occasional dabble with yayo? !

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Despite Gilly's hopeless whinging, Nash and Milad only got 4 and 3 games respectively. Seems about right given the reports.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got back from the Inter/West Van game, and I am a little shocked right now.

Missed the first 25 minutes, but heard Corazza had put Inter ahead against the run of play. From my view, the rest of the half was fairly even.

Second half, Inter plays pretty well and probably have a slight advantage in possession and play. Then, Shorty gets red carded and Inter has some good chances (Tempy and Nonni) to put the game away. Unfortunately, the chances are not converted. With a few minutes remaining, another West Van red card for bringing Nonni down on a breakaway. 3 minutes remaining, so I decide to make my way to the vehicle to enjoy the trek home, with 3 points in the bag.

Wrong........I missed it, but Anklebreaker just informed me that West Van scored and the game ends in a draw. Unbelievable. Someone can fill in the details.

Gilly

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 0 - Surrey United 4

biggest game of the season and we didnt come out to play and Surrey played one hell of a game... they scored two in the first half and two in the second... they knocked the ball around well and are dangerous in the air. We probably managed three shots on net the whole game.. very disappointing game on our behalf after a huge win last week.

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey should have won 10-0.

There was a Columbus striker spotted on the sideline eyein up a return to his old club im pretty sure

hold em bonus?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 0-2 Delta. Delta scored 2 in the second half. First one was 10 minutes into the half and the 2nd was scored in the last second as we were pushing up. I was actually expecting more out of these young kid's. On to next week.

Hard Ballz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0