Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao since David came back club is on a upswing. Good job Reedie. To you and all the boys all the best for Christmas and New Year.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia - Sapperton

Called off 15 mins in as the ref wanted to play atleast 15 mins to see if the lights came on at Van Tech but they didnt and he called it off. IMO he shouldnt have started the game as it was pretty dark at kickoff.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the Richmond/Akal match today in Richmond with Auj. Richmond's punjabi striker, Taj Sangera, converted a couple of great crosses from the left, but Akal's marking was piss poor in the box, 2-0 at half. 2nd half was a little more even, but Richmond missed a couple sitters that could have made the scoreline a little more dominanting.

Akal is predictable with long balls to Desmond, hoping that he can create a scoring chance with his pace and skill, but teams are starting to figure things out and end up double or triple teaming him. He seems very frustrated.

Both Auj and I were mystified how Akal could start the 2nd half with only 9 players, a couple players were tardy getting onto the field, with one entering the field of play after almost 5 minutes of play. Also, Akal made a substution 3 minutes into the 2nd half, why not make the sub at half?!?! It appears that the dog and pony show of Perveen and Bindi might be running its course, with only 2 out of 21 points in their last 7 games it is obvious that some changes are needed to salvage the team from relegation.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did see two Akals games latley. It is nothing to do with guys running the club. It is simple players try to do way to much. There is no time to beat the same guy twice. Move the ball and support. Back line does not come up fast enough to support.Gaps on the field work out for bettwer sides.They get more time to make better passes. Akal is lacking a sweeper to cut the fast runs. Playing flat back and zone marking will coast you game most of the time. Akal only needs to change the formation of play and they will fight to stay in.
It is always easy to point fingers at Bindi or his partner. They do't play, if guys were unfitt then yes. Bindi was with me when we went for Canadian A licese. He know his job well and also knows the politics of it all. Huricans an Akal would make a team that would stay. Fighting for same few top players will send both sides down.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Artificial turf struck again yesterday in the Inter-SUFF game. Lucas planted his foot following a fairly simple kick of the ball and the AT held it in place as his knee popped. The emerg doctor suspects LCL damage. This is the third injury of this kind that I've witnessed in 3 years. And the proponents of field turf tell us it's perfectly safe. BullSh*t!
The worst part, short term, is he can't work. The BCSA insurance appears to cover leg breaks but not ligaments or lost wages. Has anyone ever managed to claim for such things?

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Desmond is frustrated perhaps they should up his salary?

Or perhaps a transfer back to more successful and happy times with WVFC to help them??? Can't understand, even for money (if that's true), why Desmond would stay any longer with Akal...they are a rapidly sinking ship.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the Richmond/Akal match today in Richmond with Auj. Richmond's punjabi striker, Taj Sangera, converted a couple of great crosses from the left, but Akal's marking was piss poor in the box, 2-0 at half. 2nd half was a little more even, but Richmond missed a couple sitters that could have made the scoreline a little more dominanting.

Akal is predictable with long balls to Desmond, hoping that he can create a scoring chance with his pace and skill, but teams are starting to figure things out and end up double or triple teaming him. He seems very frustrated.

Both Auj and I were mystified how Akal could start the 2nd half with only 9 players, a couple players were tardy getting onto the field, with one entering the field of play after almost 5 minutes of play. Also, Akal made a substution 3 minutes into the 2nd half, why not make the sub at half?!?! It appears that the dog and pony show of Perveen and Bindi might be running its course, with only 2 out of 21 points in their last 7 games it is obvious that some changes are needed to salvage the team from relegation.

Pretty well summed up Gilly...we knew they would play defensively and then try to spring Desmond and BJ (who wasn't there) on the counter. They played just as we expected, but were far less organized defensively then our first game against them earlier in the season.

A fantastic effort by our boys once again, deservedly earning themselves a 5th win on the trot. It was 2-0 at the half on two goals by young Taj (not Punjabi BTW Gilly), but should have been at least 4-0 at the half. The 2nd half was the same as the 1st with ourselves dominating possession and Akal only earning themselves a couple of corners off counter-attacks. We didn't demonstrate any ruthlessness in the latter part of the game where some of our players either inexcusably missed sitters or tried to walk the ball into the net, but we defended very well and kept the well earned shutout.

Wishing everyone a fantastic holiday season with their families and friends!!!

Burnro

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 0
Columbus 0

not often i would say this against columbus, but i thought we were the better team and may have deserved the 3 points on the day. couple golden opportunites in the 2nd half including a clean breakaway that went begging. they also struck the post early in the 2nd half and we almost gifted them one early with a poor defensive clearance. we'll take the point though. incredibly tight in the middle of the pack. going to be a fun back half of the season.
merry x-mas!

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Artificial turf struck again yesterday in the Inter-SUFF game. Lucas planted his foot following a fairly simple kick of the ball and the AT held it in place as his knee popped. The emerg doctor suspects LCL damage. This is the third injury of this kind that I've witnessed in 3 years. And the proponents of field turf tell us it's perfectly safe. BullSh*t!
The worst part, short term, is he can't work. The BCSA insurance appears to cover leg breaks but not ligaments or lost wages. Has anyone ever managed to claim for such things?
the brittish fA have banned all blade footy boots on turf fields cause of injuries.....that saying did was this fello wearing blades

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All of you Croats reading these posts come out to John Oliver Turf to watch the game. Take a look if it is on highway to Whiterock as you cross over Alex Fraser bridge. The Park is on the right as you drive down the highway just before you hit Fraser Highway. Rob correct me if I am wrong. It is a late game. Club needs more supporters comming out. It is time for us seniors to look at it and change it if things do not go as we wish.
Lots of players are not serious. They play to drible, they do not look at clubs needs. In my opinion keeping needs help. Keeper coach must be in place. Did needs hard work out to stay sharp in that league. Keeper can not practice where they practice now. He need a guy or two away from that location to work on things needed. Darko three guys three soccer balls and go shooting.
Tell Tom it is a bush league any body with brain has to leave.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That sucks for Lucas. He likely won't see a cent.

Playing youth soccer, I never heard of ACL/PCL/LCL types of injuries. Now they seem to be commonplace with the kids. Pointing a finger at footware on turf is one thing, but why the hell are we not questioning the not even long term affects of this surface? Topic for another thread I suppose, just pisses me right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0